Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can really save a lot of money for small players, but the online trading platform seem to be jammed or down quite often and cannot sell or buy. If happened during a major crash, think will die :o

addict951

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Stupid SCB trading
now down
cannot queue
all queues will be rejected
No ETA

Litmuss

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Online Securities Trading

We cannot proceed with your instruction at this time. Please note the message below and retry later. If you need further assistance, please contact our Online Trading hotline at 1800 242 5333. If you are calling us from overseas, please call +65 6242 5333.

Trading on this exchange is temporarily unavailable. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. For Online Trading related queries, please call 1800 242 5333. (Msg Code: SCB-SS021)

:s22::s22::s22:

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if online trading is down, call your RM to put up the order.

online charges will apply. this was what my RM told me.

addict951

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Anybuttie got problem transferring money out of the settlement a/c?
This stupid scb trading really @^%!@^
I could transfer money from my savers into the settlement but when I tried to transfer the same amount out from settlement back to esavers the transfer was rejected. I've been trying the whole pm. I called SCB they said they will look into it and until now got no solution. Maybe tmr will be better.

taolibuyan

Reaction score
Objection!! Carry all the bank's tokens with you all the time is very very very inconvenience, and I don't carry lady's handbag... If SMS don't arrive, you should change your phone.

They can issue token and let us use either one of them, same as UOB online banking. My phone never had problem in other occasions.

taolibuyan

Reaction score
Objection!! Carry all the bank's tokens with you all the time is very very very inconvenience, and I don't carry lady's handbag... If SMS don't arrive, you should change your phone.

When we cannot have both security and convenience, I think I would go for security on this matter. If you don't like to carry a handbag, maybe you can consider hanging all of the tokens around your neck.:s13:

autumm

Master Member
Reaction score
Anybuttie got problem transferring money out of the settlement a/c?
This stupid scb trading really @^%!@^
I could transfer money from my savers into the settlement but when I tried to transfer the same amount out from settlement back to esavers the transfer was rejected. I've been trying the whole pm. I called SCB they said they will look into it and until now got no solution. Maybe tmr will be better.

Just transferred some money out of my settlement account to extra saver yesterday. Do u have any outstanding shares? Buy order filled but money not deducted yet?

Guojing88

Master Member
Reaction score
Just transferred some money out of my settlement account to extra saver yesterday. Do u have any outstanding shares? Buy order filled but money not deducted yet?

This is one of the thing that pisses me off. They should either deduct immediately since it is basically cash upfront, or at least tell us how much is there left after we buy stocks on the T day.

I end up having to guess how much is there left between T and T+3

SoulDealer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quite pissed with SCB's trading. opened a UOB instead. Started using it and have no problems at all.

I will only consider using SCB when I want to keep for long term. Right now I got some money floating around and SCB can't tell me how much I have. :s22:

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
This is one of the thing that pisses me off. They should either deduct immediately since it is basically cash upfront, or at least tell us how much is there left after we buy stocks on the T day.

I end up having to guess how much is there left between T and T+3

settlement is done on T+3, so money will only be deducted by T+3, or else i think you will be asking them for interest for that 3 days while between trade day and settlement day ;D

Guojing88

Master Member
Reaction score
I see your point, thanks.

They should then at least let us know clearly how much is there left in our SS account once we purchase shares on T day so that we don't have to guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.