Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see your point, thanks.

They should then at least let us know clearly how much is there left in our SS account once we purchase shares on T day so that we don't have to guess.

When placing an order, there is a box on the right with a button that you can click to see your current purchasing power. This value will take into account transactions that you have made but have not cleared yet cos it's before T+3.

So if you have 2k and you buy 1k of stocks, your purchasing power will show 1k, even if the account balance is still 2k.

addict951

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
you dun hv to guess what
you can get the exact NET amount of your trade the next day
Check the TRANSACTIONS tab then select the date(s) you can see all your NET amount per trade
then you keep track of the mvts on your spreadsheet lah
I always do that :look:

SoulDealer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When placing an order, there is a box on the right with a button that you can click to see your current purchasing power. This value will take into account transactions that you have made but have not cleared yet cos it's before T+3.

So if you have 2k and you buy 1k of stocks, your purchasing power will show 1k, even if the account balance is still 2k.

I didnt notice that. Thanks!

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any way to stop the auto log out every 15 mins? Really troublesome to keep logging in again.

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why SCB trading got so many problem..?
I just open account, haven't try to use it..

Really lousy platform, but commission saved is worth it for lousy trader like me. :o

The stop loss is also a bonus, but problem is when you put stop loss, you can't queue to sell at your target price

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Really lousy platform, but commission saved is worth it for lousy trader like me. :o

The stop loss is also a bonus, but problem is when you put stop loss, you can't queue to sell at your target price

best platform and cheap dont come together. see what are your needs.

zackwei

Reaction score
hi, sorry if his been answer before.
Is it most of you open Esaver in SGD? is there account in us dollar, and can i deposit us dollar into the account and later transfer to trading account for trading.
The exchange rate not good in online transfer between Esacer to US dollar trading account in SCB

Soomp!

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I am going to open an account with SCB also.

I have just read kiwi8 post, seems like we are able to open an account if we "falsely" mentioned that we have done at least 6 trades in the market...

I would just want to invest in STI ETF thats all..

stam

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if we can open 2 trading account per person?

i would like to separate my portfolio...:)

Soomp!

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Yup, i have just submitted "false" declaration of buying 6 funds in the past 3 years.

Although, these 6 funds are purchased over iFast going through a financial advisor..

Once the account is created, i think i will be posting more question.

In the meantime, is there anything i can read up on investing in STI ETF?..

Thanks./

I knew there is like 2 funds that we can buy G3B and ES3.
G3B are selling like 100 shares and ES3 are selling in a lot (1k shares)..

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't know if SCB allows to buy ETFs cause previously I tried to buy cause of the smaller lot size, I couldn't. Likewise, some stocks cannot be found on SCB which I don't know why. One such stock is Yoma.

I was able to buy G3B (STI ETF with smaller lot size) last time on SCB.

Wildreamz

Reaction score
This is just based on what I read online, but isn't the minimum lot size 100 for G3B and 1000 for ES3?

steventay

Banned
Reaction score
for all stocks minimum 1 lot

singapore market trade in no of lots, US market trade in no of shares.

assume both price $3

STI ETF (ES3.SI)
1 lot is 1000 shares
1 lot cost $3000

Nikko AM STI ETF100 (G3B.SI)
1 lot is 100 shares
1 lot cost $300

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup, i have just submitted "false" declaration of buying 6 funds in the past 3 years.

SCB is just following the regulations. You are accountable for your own action and not SCB then. But you have made the right decision.

flyfox

Reaction score
Seriously going to open a SC Trading Acc tmr.

low com compared to other brokerage firms coz i usually buy stocks in range of 3-9k

Wildreamz

Reaction score
I have not sold a single share before. I have a question. If I liquidate a stock today, can I use the money to invest in another company immediately?

jacky333

Reaction score
yes you can but it won't be reflected immediated in your scb trading account. just roughly take note how much you have liquidated.

Soomp!

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
SCB is just following the regulations. You are accountable for your own action and not SCB then. But you have made the right decision.

thanks. i am a cautious investor and only invest in STI ETF with RSP and my risk is very low..

rather than sitting my $$ in deposit account will be so pathetic..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.