Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

aster1

Reaction score
The best way with vPost is to change the setting so that you self-declare your packages. Then you are informed when a package arrives (you do not have to inform them about any pending deliveries) and once it does you simply put in the order number and the value of the package in USD (total invoice value, including postage). QUICK & EASY.

After that you pay the shipping costs online and that's it, the package will be on its way to Singapore. Of course you can wait for a few packages to arrive, then you can declare each of them once they are all there and they will be "consolidated" into one shipment with a single base charge (of course each parcel will still arrive in its own separate box).

Personally I really like the new option to receive your order at a post office of your choice (not just Eunos). This is extremely helpful as using a home address means that deliveries are made Mon-Fri. Selecting a post office for pick-up means that the package might arrive on Saturday and you could still pick it up later that day or even on Sunday if the PO is open.

aster1

Reaction score
The best way with vPost is to change the setting so that you self-declare your packages. Then you are informed when a package arrives (you do not have to inform them about any pending deliveries) and once it does you simply put in the order number and the value of the package in USD (total invoice value, including postage). QUICK & EASY.

1. Once you log in click on "Change Profile"

2. Under "Item Declaration Options" select "vFlex (YES, I would like to self-declare)"

3. Click Submit

From now on you can declare your packages yourself which is much easier (and quicker). As mentioned, just make sure you put in the entire amount (in USD) of your order, including any postage/insurance costs.

stupid_manu

Reaction score
Hi,

I made payment on 20th Nov and the ETA is 27th Nov. till date, I have yet to receive the airway bill. Is this normal?

agony2

Reaction score
so erm, I didn't know billing address need to be the same as the address for the credit card.... so i need to cancel my orders and reorder again?

phenol

Reaction score
so erm, I didn't know billing address need to be the same as the address for the credit card.... so i need to cancel my orders and reorder again?

which site did u make ur purchase at? It's ok for amazon to deliver to a shipment forwarder's address which differs from your credit card.

unless u are referring to direct shipment to SGD, and you keyed in a different address from ur credit card

agony2

Reaction score
What does direct shipment to SGD mean? @.@

I was buying from a website, E.L.F, that only has 2 countries (US and Canada) for billing address.

So i keyed in the US address from hopshopgo for the billing information and shipping information =_=|||

phenol

Reaction score

I was buying from a website, E.L.F, that only has 2 countries (US and Canada) for billing address.

So i keyed in the US address from hopshopgo for the billing information and shipping information =_=|||

direct shipment to SGD means, that company does international deliveries to Singapore. apparently not so for your merchant website.

I don't think it's wrong. hopshopgo provides you a US address such that they can collect your purchase on your behalf and then send to you again. That's what they do for people who wish to purchase from merchants within US/Canada but do not have international shipping systems established.

Shouldn't need to cancel.

HoGnix

Reaction score
DBS Card Promotion.

Hi,

For DBS Card Vpost promotion:
Does this $20 off for the first timer customer apply to the goods bought not charged to the DBS card?
say buy goods from ebay using SCB CC card and use DBS CC card for Vpost shipping.

vPOST

img_vpost.jpg

• S$20 off first shipment for first-time customers
  • 10% off USA, Europe and Japan shipment (Min. S$40 shipping charge is required)
Valid till 31 Dec 2012.
Visit www.vpost.com.sg to get your promotional code.

jazdrive

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It's the wrong way of making the order. Billing address refers to the address that your credit card bill is sent to you and not any other address.

However, if your intention was to try and see if your order would get through even though the merchant seemingly only accepts US and Canada issued credit cards, that's another matter altogether.

aster1

Reaction score
It's the wrong way of making the order. Billing address refers to the address that your credit card bill is sent to you and not any other address.

However, if your intention was to try and see if your order would get through even though the merchant seemingly only accepts US and Canada issued credit cards, that's another matter altogether.

Yes, the billing address and the shipping address are two separate things. Amazon allows you to use a different address for each.

Some companies don't have their system set up to allow non-US credit cards as for instance their online form only allows you to input a US address, but many of them offer a way around this that is ok with company policy:

Here is an example:
International Orders - Best Buy

jazdrive

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, the billing address and the shipping address are two separate things. Amazon allows you to use a different address for each.

Some companies don't have their system set up to allow non-US credit cards as for instance their online form only allows you to input a US address, but many of them offer a way around this that is ok with company policy:

Here is an example:
International Orders - Best Buy

Actually there is a reason why there is no option to select a billing country other than the US or Canada for many merchants - they do not accept international orders. There are some exceptions though, which the merchants would usually state under their order policies.

Just a note that you might be interested: Best Buy will not ship to known international freight forwarders, even though they will accept international credit cards.

aster1

Reaction score
Actually there is a reason why there is no option to select a billing country other than the US or Canada for many merchants - they do not accept international orders. There are some exceptions though, which the merchants would usually state under their order policies.

Just a note that you might be interested: Best Buy will not ship to known international freight forwarders, even though they will accept international credit cards.

That is strange indeed. Not sure why they wouldn't ship to international forwarders, seems like a bad way of limiting a company's business. Amazon for instance has no such qualms.

On a side note, the worst possible experience I have ever had was with this iparcel company that Amazon tends to use. They are the worst of the worst, even putting in fake information about attempting to deliver a package to you even though this never happened.

It's not unusual for a package to arrive in Singapore and still not be delivered to you a week later... or even longer.

Last edited:

hg2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Despite many negative reviews, and personally losted 200USD worth of items few years back. i wanted to give vPost USA another chance...
Just found out, deliveries attempts vPOST USA all failed on saturday, due to business closed...JUST GREAT!!!

This really sucks!....vPost should at least put their working hours on the portal ;-(

Cross my fingers...

Last edited:

aster1

Reaction score
Despite many negative reviews, and personally losted 200USD worth of items few years back. i wanted to give vPost USA another chance...
Just found out, deliveries attempts vPOST USA all failed on saturday, due to business closed...JUST GREAT!!!

How exactly did you lose your stuff? Was it a courier issue (leaving the goods at your doorstep) or something like that?

The best way is to use vPost's new feature which is delivery to any post office (not just the Eunos one), this way you can pick up your parcels at your convenience and not have to wait around for the delivery man to show up. Also, you can go to the post office on Sat/Sun if it's open on those days and collect (vPost will deliver to a post office on Saturday).

koohansen

Master Member
Reaction score
How exactly did you lose your stuff? Was it a courier issue (leaving the goods at your doorstep) or something like that?

The best way is to use vPost's new feature which is delivery to any post office (not just the Eunos one), this way you can pick up your parcels at your convenience and not have to wait around for the delivery man to show up. Also, you can go to the post office on Sat/Sun if it's open on those days and collect (vPost will deliver to a post office on Saturday).

I think he meant, delivery to the vPost USA address failed.
I have given up on them long ago.

BananaMilkShake

Master Member
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.