MO: Herman Miller Premium Chairs (Pictures included)

Status
Not open for further replies.

unwanted

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Late December to Early January Delivery

Half of the next shipment are already taken but we ordered more Embody chairs since there's a rising trend for them.

We have also realised that forumers have a decent appetite for more premium items like Aeron with Aluminium base, Eames Lounge chairs as well

Aeron
Graphite frame Classic Carbon Mesh
Fully loaded/adjustable $1259
With posturefit + $140
With Hard Castors (Optional) + $45
With Headrest (Optional): +$200/$115 (Fully adjustable mesh/standard Vinyl)
Assembly (Optional) +$10
Delivery (Optional) + $30
Size B: 4 pieces (Last Piece)

With lumbar pad + $80
Assembly (Optional) +$10
Size B: 2 pieces (Last Piece)

No back support + $0
Assembly (Optional) +$10

Polished Aluminium frame + Carbon Mesh Classic Carbon Mesh + $270
With lumbar pad + $80
OR With posture fit + $140
Assembly (Optional) +$10
Size B: 2 piece (Last Piece)

Standard adjustment $1099
With lumbar pad + $80
Assembly (Optional) +$10

Highlighted the main differences in bold

Embody
Rhythm Black with Graphite Frame
Fully adjustable $1899
With Hard Castors (Optional): +$45
Assembly (Optional) +$10
Free Size: 2 pieces

Sayl
Rhythm Black with Graphite Frame
Standard adjustment - $699
With Hard Castors (Optional): +$45
Assembly (Optional) +$10
Free Size: 3 pieces

FAQ:
Difference between Hard castors and standard castors?
Ans: Hard Castors has a rubber coating for better grip and traction to reduce gliding from chair. Recommended for those who likes to lean back.

Headrest's difference?
Ans: Please check out:
http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com.sg/70237863-post461.html

Posturefit VS Lumbar pad's difference?
Ans: Posture fit can control exactly how much support with a knob, it can't go up-down and is fixed in position.
Lumbar Pad can go up-down movement but with only two length of depth for support

Is it worth to get the Polished Aluminium?
Ans: Actually the polished aluminium is not only for the better look. IMHO the Chrome Plating seems to make it harder to scratch or scratches less visible. The original Graphite frame is already very sturdy and not easily visible with scratches

Last edited:

unwanted

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Guys, if you received a call from a courier company today, please ignore their arrangement.

We sent our delivery list to some courier companies for quotations.
Apparently this particular company initially quoted a very misleading quotation of within $30/chair.
After that they called you guys to arrange the day, and gave us a final quotation which is almost double with many misc charges not mentioned before.
Most importantly, they are not replying to our question which we asked repetitively on whether they can keep the chairs as pristine as they were collected. That makes me feel very uncomfortable.

I've already reached for another 2 established companies who are giving replies despite the weekend, and we should be finalising soon. One of them happens to be my client, so i believe she knows our expectations. Will keep you guys updated.

I'm eager to send it out as soon as possible as it's taking alot of floor space and most of the chairs are still at the assembler's location.

Thank you.

Last edited:

unwanted

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
All chairs meant for delivery in Late Nov- Early Dec batch were picked up in the morning.
The couriers should be calling soon to make arrangement.
I believe this courier is more professional than all the previous ones we engaged, and i hope things will be smooth.

Those who opt for self collection, i should had sent you a mail last week.
Please let me know early to make arrangement.

Thank you

Last edited:

transmat

Reaction score
Got my aeron chair. Feels great! Thanks!

Is there a warranty card or something in case I need to get a replacement part or service?

Cheers.

unwanted

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
They go by the serial number under the chair, so i suggest take a picture of that particular sticker.

It's all pre registered in US upon shipping to us a month ago.

DNA9179

Master Member
Reaction score
I also received my chair, i notice there are stratches on the frame of the chair
photo_6_15.JPG

unwanted

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi,

It's hard to say was it scratched during the local delivery.

For assembled chairs they are on wheels, and while on the van, they will shift around. This can't be prevented by any couriers. For the new courier, i don't want to push the blame to them cause imo they are more tactful and gentle than the others we previously used. If not for this scratch, i will say we are very happy to employ their service. Of course we will share this information with them for them to improve and take note for future deliveries

Most couriers do have preventive measures like driving slowly, cushion the vehicle interior, sit on carton base that have ridges to prevent them moving much, etc.
As much as we hope them to be, or as much as they try, we can't tell if they will surely work.
We are sorry the chair was scratched on top but we hope the features of the chairs benefits you beyond the distress that was made

Unfortunately scratches are not covered by warranty and the only thing we can provide is to offer a refund for your delivery. Do let us know your account number and again we are sorry for the scratches.

For other buyers, we will recommend you to assemble the chair yourself, the chair will be in the box and protected. On the other hand, we will discuss with the courier and seek HM's opinion on how to better transport the chairs.

So far our employed assembler managed to assemble all the chairs without issues.

Leaper_SG

Reaction score
Finally received my chair, Very satisfied! No scratches.
Quite hard to describe the feeling! Its very comfortable!

Thank you for the MO unwanted :D

DNA9179

Master Member
Reaction score
ya i understand that too... seem like only me is the unlucky one here..... lol well **** happens, no choice though

DNA9179

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey i got a Q about the installation of the chair. I notice the based of the chair(where we sit on) is slightly loose. which mean it can move up and down slightly. Is it meant to be totally firm or slightly loosen? thank

unwanted

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
The sit rest there is slightly loose.
There's no installation done on the lower assembly, they came pre-assembled.

Last edited:

unwanted

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Added new video on description.

This video explains how damage is done on the ligament and spine with improper sitting.
Also explains the importance of pressure distribution and thermal control.

I am happy to say the new mesh head rest, is a much better support for the neck.
You can adjust it to fit at your angle and you can tell it's working by feeling the back of the neck.

A bad posture will form a lump at the point where the neck joins the shoulder behind.
As it's made with mesh, there's no pressure weighing on the points of contact, but even distribution. Blood circulation is able to flow through your neck without restriction.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.