Any folks on Viewqwest fibre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaicka

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We have already had this issue raised by another user in the past. We tried contacting Ryushare but they said was not their problem and did not want to provide traceroutes. Also not too sure why you want to use a hosting service from France(has download restriction by law) when there are faster hosting services in the US.

Ryushare is popular among xxx contents. :D

zer0ne

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
will send the email now. I just tried using a dedicated 10mb line to try and it is working fine. Quite confident that there is some network routing issue at VQ as my business M1 line is working fine.

Mine is the same when I said using Singtel is fine using the same link. Whats so hard to admit own backyard got problem leh?

chaicka

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the new PCCW route seem to be making my download slow....

Some of the destinations that are now routed via PCCW is much slower than previous.

Example:

traceroute to AppleInsider | News and rumors since 1997 (207.58.150.180), 64 hops max, 72 byte packets
1 xxxxx (192.168.xxx.xxx) 0.623 ms 0.349 ms 0.341 ms
2 202.73.xxx.xxx (202.73.xxx.xxx) 2.204 ms 2.239 ms 2.230 ms
3 202.73.37.227 (202.73.37.227) 2.348 ms 2.675 ms 2.458 ms
4 ge9.21.br02.sin02.pccwbtn.net (63.218.213.201) 2.356 ms 2.591 ms 2.655 ms
5 servint.tenge10-3.br01.rst01.pccwbtn.net (63.218.125.22) 244.386 ms 252.486 ms 245.363 ms
6 207.58.150.180 (207.58.150.180) 247.151 ms 246.366 ms 245.932 ms

zer0ne

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
unless ryushare is under a contract to cap speeds to VQ users?:(

I don't know about ryushare but i use rpnet and i choose US and Euro server for the links to be generated and both servers location download is slow.

chrislzh

Reaction score
Guys, I have a question before I go for VQ. Currently, I am on Singtel 10mB and the connection is so bad and laggy. I will boycott them for all my service accts with them.

But before I go for another ISP, I use a lot of my internet for normal surfing as well as online streaming from internet movie box (eg. Iplayer) which is widely selling at Sim Lim.

I believe their main server is at china. With the freedom VPN, can I achieve fast speed to prevent buffering?

NicBlais

Reaction score
Guys, I have a question before I go for VQ. Currently, I am on Singtel 10mB and the connection is so bad and laggy. I will boycott them for all my service accts with them.

But before I go for another ISP, I use a lot of my internet for normal surfing as well as online streaming from internet movie box (eg. Iplayer) which is widely selling at Sim Lim.

I believe their main server is at china. With the freedom VPN, can I achieve fast speed to prevent buffering?

We have optimized the routing to PPTV on Freedom VPN - however the rest of China is still quite hard to do.

If you give us the IP addresses of the servers we can always try to see what can be done and let you know! :D

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm having problems logging into Diablo 3.
The login screen appears but initializing takes some time, then I click Play but the thing is stuck there for a long time.
Anybody having similar problem?

edwin21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Please note that Singapore morning is the peak hour of the US.
While Viewqwest tries to ensure that you don't suffer the evening peak slowdown compared to other ISPs in Singapore, it doesn't mean that the US ISPs do the same.

i download mostly during the late nite hours, so would not be US peak then.

and is already affected for the rpnet US server since VQ route via PCCW when previously was thru STIX

and even previously daytime i also can reach 200mbps

Last edited:

Anarchy

Reaction score
edwin, log a call with their network team. Thats what I did, hopefully they will route via STIX instead. PCCW giving me sh**ty download speed.

edwin21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
edwin, log a call with their network team. Thats what I did, hopefully they will route via STIX instead. PCCW giving me sh**ty download speed.

i already email to NOC at 12.50am after i discover slow download. normally is rpnet problem but now is PCCW

zer0ne

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i already email to NOC at 12.50am after i discover slow download. normally is rpnet problem but now is PCCW

Thru tsystems, pccw and ntt also slow using rpnet which the servers resides in DE and US. The only one fast is using hurricane which is UK server.

viewqwest

Featured Sponsor for Internet Bandwidth & Networki
Reaction score
Ok there seems to be a few sites that users are facing download or upload issues to. Lets consolidate this information in our fibernet forum and we can start working on determining what the issue is.

One thing to take note. The forward path and reverse path to a destination may always be different. This is how BGP routing works.

So help us out by posting the traceroute at the time when you are facing the issue and we can compare it to see if the latency changes during the day.

Also if you are downloading from that site, what is important is the reverse traceroute.

The reason is we have so many different transit providers is to try to get the best path to all destinations. We have no issue getting rid of those providers who do not perform and get more capacity from those that do.

So thanks to our wonderful community here, keep the feedback coming and we will work on tuning the network.

stoopidbin

Reaction score
Hi Viewqwest, I am having random lag spikes when playing Diablo 3 US Server since last week. Please look into the issue~

viewqwest

Featured Sponsor for Internet Bandwidth & Networki
Reaction score
Hi Viewqwest, I am having random lag spikes when playing Diablo 3 US Server since last week. Please look into the issue~

What is the latency you are getting and what does it spike to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.