Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

tingyuan

Master Member
Reaction score
Any code for comgateway? I used cgw address wrongly... Sianz...

I tried to use POSB everyday card but it wont accept as it is a MC n cgw only accept visa. :(

I used dbs visa, but no discount appear at all --- the next screen will be make payment. Any help plz? Thanks.

I use POSB everyday mastercard to made payment for comgateway leh. Also less 10% off shipping cost exclude fuel and insurance. It will upgrade free to express. estimate delivery to singapore is 11/12/2012 but today I just received the DHL parcel on 6/12/2012 (3 days shipping). fyi RL gift box nice.

ipadxcell

Master Member
Reaction score
decided to jump boat to CGW/borderlinx.
today missed 9 parcels from vpost and they die die refused to redeliver until i pay the redelivery fee: minimum of $10 per parcel or go down to the nearest post office to collect

I don't have car/maid leh wtf. how to carry 9 parcels?
even take taxi also must carry the parcels to the taxi stand.

The most stupidest thing is they cannot advice on the actual redelivery cost, so I must go down to the post office to PAY for the redelivery cost. WTF to the max. I hope they will see losses in the subsequent quarters.

Thank you for sharing. I'm glad I did not gave in the temptation to try sihtty money oriented crap service. Merry Xmas.

tingyuan

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey!

Please help me to make a choice here. I've no idea of which shipping service to use. Vpost, borderlinx or comgateway?? Do share w me your experience if you have used them! THANKS!

1st choice bordlinex
2nd choice comgateway

spchng

Reaction score
Got some promo codes to share, let me know if they are any good for you.
1. Borderlinx - 10% off till 27 Nov '12 (XMAS10)
2. Borderlessbuys - AMEXT131, AMEXT262, AMEXT393 (US$10 off for each code)

PS: I have used the borderlessbuys codes, not sure if it is only one-off for each account or not.

any latest code to share?

jazdrive

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
decided to jump boat to CGW/borderlinx.
today missed 9 parcels from vpost and they die die refused to redeliver until i pay the redelivery fee: minimum of $10 per parcel or go down to the nearest post office to collect

I don't have car/maid leh wtf. how to carry 9 parcels?
even take taxi also must carry the parcels to the taxi stand.

The most stupidest thing is they cannot advice on the actual redelivery cost, so I must go down to the post office to PAY for the redelivery cost. WTF to the max. I hope they will see losses in the subsequent quarters.

I just confirmed with vPost what you mentioned about them doing away with the complimentary redelivery is true. Now, there are only 2 options: Paid redelivery or self-collection from the post office.

A slight correction to what you mentioned though is the $10 for a redelivery request is only for the first 3 kg of your total shipment; the heavier your total shipment is, the more expensive the redelivery will be. Redelivery from them used to be free but now it seems that they are charging almost every single damn thing at the nearest opportunity.

I still use vPost once in a while if I anticipate that I would have many shipments to consolidate so as to avoid the GST. Apparently, it's about time for a complete rethink over this strategy.

ahbui83

Reaction score
WHAT VPOST dont do redelivery anymoreeee which means i must be home everytime!!!

Last edited:

boopit

Reaction score
jazdrive: thanks for the clarification about the 1st 3kg thing. I have spoken to TWO CSO and NONE of them can tell me how much except 'it all depends on your parcel' good job. I guess the lamest part is that you actually have to go down to the post office to make payment (yes, staring sadly at the parcels you aren't able to carry home)

I just kena the incident with 8 parcels and my superhero mom actually pushed the trolley with my kid bro to get them for me (disclaimer: i didn't demand her to). I was like so heartbroken when she told me. I have another 20+ parcels coming and god knows what happen if she happens to step out for a short moment... and I am actually afraid that the postman will just put the notification slip w/o bringing my parcels.

I now have a stupid question, if an item is marked as gift, is it possible to declare a lower value?

jazdrive

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jazdrive: thanks for the clarification about the 1st 3kg thing. I have spoken to TWO CSO and NONE of them can tell me how much except 'it all depends on your parcel' good job. I guess the lamest part is that you actually have to go down to the post office to make payment (yes, staring sadly at the parcels you aren't able to carry home)

I just kena the incident with 8 parcels and my superhero mom actually pushed the trolley with my kid bro to get them for me (disclaimer: i didn't demand her to). I was like so heartbroken when she told me. I have another 20+ parcels coming and god knows what happen if she happens to step out for a short moment... and I am actually afraid that the postman will just put the notification slip w/o bringing my parcels.

I now have a stupid question, if an item is marked as gift, is it possible to declare a lower value?

It's possible but not always possible because different merchants pack item marked as gift differently.

And yes, the redelivery has to be requested and paid for at the post office first before they will even redeliver. What is the purpose of a redelivery if the customer has to be inconvenienced to go down personally to the post office just to make sure of it? The new policy is utterly stupid and is evidently effected just to cut cost.

Vpost is risking turning away more long time customers by taking away the complimentary redelivery service which its main competitors Comgateway and Borderlinx are offering it absolutely free through DHL.

kelvinsin

Reaction score
i had used the UOB promotion code for the vposts parcels,After deducted the total price just $0.93 with fuel charge. The problem is just after keyed the credit card verification code,there is error saying that the wrong verification page return.Is this due to vpost or my bank issue?or because the total transaction lower than its minimal transaction limit?

JTMonkey

Reaction score
I have recently started using Borderlinx service. Three sets of orders / parcels. All arrived within one week after orders were placed.

My observations are as follows:
1. Declared price for some items were wrong but I supposed it was the fault of the merchant. In fact a few of my purchases were under-declared with worked in my favour. You can op to amend the declared price by emailing them the invoice of the transaction. They will make the change within minutes (at least in my case).
2. Customer service via chat function is quite ok. Help me to solve my problem with the wrong declared price.
3. So far the volumetric weight of the parcels for all the 3 orders are correct. One particular item was packed in larger than expected box by the merchant. I contacted Borderlinx and was told to do own measurement and to contact them again. Finally confirmed that the parcel was packed in larger box. This cost me additional USD20+ on the overall shipment.
4. Deliveries were both consistently fast.
5. The only problem was the delivery to doorstep. There was no advance notification and DHL ended up wasted their first trip. The attempted delivery was only updated on the online tracking site hours later. The packages were later redelivered without extra charges. For my second and third orders, once the packages arrived in Singapore (as reflected by the tracking site), I immediately called DHL to arrange delivery during specific time. So far no more issue.
6. It is very very easy to get through to DHL customer service via local hotline unlike services by others e.g. Starhub hotlines. It is also easy to reschedule redelivery.

So far no problem with Borderlinx. One personal note is that the shipment cost are sometimes higher than the item itself. So you might want to consider this when buying from overseas. I think it's still worth it as some of the items cannot be found locally or can be bought online at a steep discount.

tingyuan

Master Member
Reaction score
will borderlinx automatic repack the parcel if volumetric weight is high? i didn't know borderlinx now have repacking service.

aster1

Reaction score
Just a hypothetical question:

What should I do if vPost would happen to send me a couple of parcels claiming to have repackaged each one... and it turns out that 1 or more are still in their original packaging? What should I do in such a situation, what procedure to follow to claim back the extra cost(s)?

boopit

Reaction score
jazdrive: can you explain the "It's possible but not always possible because different merchants pack item marked as gift differently." my friend actually marked as gift and declare those stuff as $1 o.0
I guess what's even more jalat is that those parcels can only be kept at the post office for 5 working days, before they get send back to somewhere else.

JTMonkey: what do you mean by: 1. Declared price for some items were wrong but I supposed it was the fault of the merchant. In fact a few of my purchases were under-declared with worked in my favour. You can op to amend the declared price by emailing them the invoice of the transaction. They will make the change within minutes (at least in my case).

do you not declare the price yourself at borderlinx? They just do it for you automatically?

aster1: I think they are probably still in the original package, cuz I have a few 'repackaged' parcels from vpost before but still have the merchant logo leh. anyway ,the repackage fee + the subsequent lower shipping cost would have been charged to you already, so there is technically no extra cost since the original shipping cost would have been higher

serverxeon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
borderlinx or CGW cheaper arh.. i got both citi and DBS cards, but the citi promo seems to be over?

android

Master Member
Reaction score
So can i ask somebody else to self collect parcels at the post office? What does he need to bring?

aster1

Reaction score
So can i ask somebody else to self collect parcels at the post office? What does he need to bring?

It's all in their help section...

Question: Can I get my friend/helper/parent to collect on my behalf?

Yes, you may authorize someone else to collect your packages on your behalf. Please note that the authorized person must produce:

1. his/her identity card or passport; and
2. the authorization advice (you may download it here)

http://www.vpost.com.sg/rvmp/images...ollection-of-vPOST-Article-at-Post-Office.pdf

aster1

Reaction score
aster1: I think they are probably still in the original package, cuz I have a few 'repackaged' parcels from vpost before but still have the merchant logo leh. anyway ,the repackage fee + the subsequent lower shipping cost would have been charged to you already, so there is technically no extra cost since the original shipping cost would have been higher

That would be fine if that should be the case. What I was worried about was being charged for repackaging and then seeing that I was also charged for the full size/weight of the original package (not repacked).

Fingers crossed everything will turn out ok.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.