Microsoft Surface

SecretAgent

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seems like this tablet is doom from the start..

seriously lack of apps

no updates

nobody buys this..

nobody owns this....

no one talks about it..

ashhong

Reaction score

seriously lack of apps

no updates

nobody buys this..

nobody owns this....

no one talks about it..

I would say the pricing is way top high. Surface pro is much cheaper if you compared what they could do.

some app works only on x86, and developers are not yet making more app for winrr

What kind of updates are you referring to?

I do know that there are some great app.

SecretAgent

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would say the pricing is way top high. Surface pro is much cheaper if you compared what they could do.

some app works only on x86, and developers are not yet making more app for winrr

What kind of updates are you referring to?

I do know that there are some great app.

The update as in OS revision to bring new features or improvements.

No apps because no developers have this machine thus they can't write apps for it.

Still very impressive and neat stuff anyway.. I just got myself a iPad mini too.. but Surface RT is still a class on its own.

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

seriously lack of apps

no updates

nobody buys this..

nobody owns this....

no one talks about it..
You could say the same for Windows Phone.

But MS is rich enough to continue plugging stuff until it reaches some level of success, so don't worry. :D

ashhong

Reaction score
The update as in OS revision to bring new features or improvements.

No apps because no developers have this machine thus they can't write apps for it.

Still very impressive and neat stuff anyway.. I just got myself a iPad mini too.. but Surface RT is still a class on its own.

windows RT itself is less than 2 months old. which OS receive an major update at 2 months old? i will worry if they do because it just mean the initial release is badly rushed to meet deadline.

and you don't need this machine to write app for it.

You could say the same for Windows Phone.

But MS is rich enough to continue plugging stuff until it reaches some level of success, so don't worry. :D

of course, MSFT has deep pocket to do that.

windows phone is getting some talk now.

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Go kickstarter & support VLC player port for Windows RT & Windows Phone! You'd get a Metro video player that supports almost everything!

SecretAgent

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
These a major firmware update on my set!!! A major cumulative update...

Improve battery life and improve performance when i read the change log...

SecretAgent

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are you Surface owners enjoying the ugly screen and lack of apps?? :))

yeah.. no choice when it is a gift.. i got myself an ipad mini however..

but i am sure you are one who will never understand the finelines built of this machine from MS...

touch screen... good keypad flip cover.. good battery life + office 2013 skydrive cloud capability..

we still go a mile further than an android pad or an apple even with lack of apps or ugly screenby your books.

fyi.. I have apple and android devices myself.

Can't say i love microsoft... but i am a user of MS since 1987 from MS DOS 3.1

dir/w!

echoblue

Reaction score
Finally got my SurfaceRt 32gb with blue touch cover! My sis bought it for me from the states and Im loving it so far! HW is really wonderful and keyboard is definitely easy to use.
I really wanted to buy it here but Microsoft SG is still not sure when so i had it purchased in the US!:s12:

One problem i noticed for Windows 8 in general (i also upgraded my Win7 PC to Win8) is that when you use your microsoft acct as the main account, people app wont load FB and twitter. Once i changed it to a local acct, people acct will function normally. Dunno why this happens to my acct. Anybody encountered this problem?:s22:

SouthWind

Master Member
Reaction score
Any ideas when is the exact launch date for the pro version?
And also, is there any sites that is doing pre-order?

whojiayi

Reaction score
Finally got my SurfaceRt 32gb with blue touch cover! My sis bought it for me from the states and Im loving it so far! HW is really wonderful and keyboard is definitely easy to use.
I really wanted to buy it here but Microsoft SG is still not sure when so i had it purchased in the US!:s12:

One problem i noticed for Windows 8 in general (i also upgraded my Win7 PC to Win8) is that when you use your microsoft acct as the main account, people app wont load FB and twitter. Once i changed it to a local acct, people acct will function normally. Dunno why this happens to my acct. Anybody encountered this problem?:s22:
I don't have this problem on my surface, not on my pc either. Try reinstalling the people app, or relink your fb and twitter acc to ur windows acc?

yogam1

Reaction score
I don't have this problem on my surface, not on my pc either. Try reinstalling the people app, or relink your fb and twitter acc to ur windows acc?

What I am not able to get is the Linked In feeds. But when I go online to manage the connected accounts, it says that the feeds will be pushed to Inbox & Windows Phone! Does it mean not to tablet?

Twitter & FB works for me too.

draco76x

Reaction score
If Surface is about 7-8inch size & with 3g support, I will purchase it but too bad due to current size it offer, I'm holding back my purchase.

So far, I used Win8 on my old laptop without any touch screen, getting used to it's metro apps & the layout. But still hope to get it with a "touch Enable" screen to try out the Win8.

Let see whether Microsoft will release the next Surface 2 in next year with different size to let consumer to choose.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.