View Single Post
Old 24-07-2003, 09:27 AM   #57
demouse
Master Member

Shev shoots for Lo Scudetto

Andriy Shevchenko believes Milan will be title contenders despite their lack of signings this summer.

The Rossoneri have been criticised for their shortage of investment but the striker insists that new faces are not needed.

"I?fm not concerned by what people are saying about our transfer campaign," he stated.

"This is a solid group of players who have won some important trophies. We want to continue that trend."

The Italian giants have only really brought in Marcos Cafu after keeping faith with the squad that won the Champions?f League and the Coppa Italia last term.

"There are players here that still have plenty to give like Fernando Redondo," continued the forward. "He can improve as have Andrea Pirlo and Kakha Kaladze recently."

Shev has been touted as a possible contender for the 2003 Golden Ball but that doesn?ft seem to be on his mind.

"I?fm not thinking about it, the European Footballer of the Year award is not an objective of mine," he insisted.

"If I had a choice of what I wanted to win this season then it would be Lo Scudetto. But to do that we will have to forget about our success of last term."
demouse is offline   Reply With Quote