View Single Post
Old 24-07-2003, 09:31 AM   #58
demouse
Master Member

Milan end summer spending

Milan director general Ariedo Braida maintains that the club?fs transfer activity has now ended for the summer.

The Rossoneri transfer chief claims that the signing of Lazio?fs Giuseppe Pancaro has brought an end to the club?fs buying and selling campaign.

"With his arrival and the departure of Demetrio Albertini, we can consider the market closed for us," he said. "Don?ft expect any surprises between now and deadline day."

Pancaro arrived at Milanello last night in a swap deal that sees Albertini move in the other direction.

"Milan were the only side that could tempt me to leave Rome," the defender stated. "It is an honour to wear this shirt.

"I spent six wonderful seasons with Lazio but I didn?ft have to think twice about signing for Milan."

There were claims that Milan would use the Pancaro talks to make a new bid for Jaap Stam (pictured). But Braida insists the Dutchman won?ft be joining his outfit.

"While finalising the swap deal with Lazio we didn?ft touch on the Stam situation at all," concluded the official.
demouse is offline   Reply With Quote