JVC HA-FXZ200

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks like even worse ergonomics than the TF10...

Lol, seems to be so. But looks like since this is a triple-DD iem, it looks like there is no other way around the aesthetics/form-factor liao so it seems like their engineers were out of ideas how to build around it. Of course they could have gone the way of the Sony EX series/Radius TWF11K series, but maybe JVC didn't wanna be accused of plagiarism afterall. =:p

rickysio

Master Member
Reaction score
TWF11K is actually single driver but DUAL diaphragm. It's not a dual driver unlike what most people think. Lol.

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TWF11K is actually single driver but DUAL diaphragm. It's not a dual driver unlike what most people think. Lol.

I just realised both of us were wrong, there's no TWF11K model, cos the K only applies to the HP-TWF21K model, their 2nd generation of the DDM iem models (Dual Diaphragm Matrix). Was originally referring to the first-gen HP-TWF11R models, the one that's shaped like Sony's MDR-EX700 series.

Anyway dual diaphragm or dual driver, it doesn't matter as I was only making cross references btw their housing form-factor/design that's all. Btw Sony's do not have any dual driver IEMs released so far atm as well. :)

rickysio

Master Member
Reaction score
I just realised both of us were wrong, there's no TWF11K model, cos the K only applies to the HP-TWF21K model, their 2nd generation of the DDM iem models (Dual Diaphragm Matrix). Was originally referring to the first-gen HP-TWF11R models, the one that's shaped like Sony's MDR-EX700 series.

Anyway dual diaphragm or dual driver, it doesn't matter as I was only making cross references btw their housing form-factor/design that's all. Btw Sony's do not have any dual driver IEMs released so far atm as well. :)

I'm using a TWF11K. K is for kuro - black.

IMG_20121223_224215_zpsb08974a5.jpg

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh I see, thks for the clarification there bro Ricky. Seems like due to Kakaku.com main review pg I saw, I thought the exact model for their 1st-gen ones are known as HP-TWF11R and no K. Seems like the last letter denotation actually stands for the IEM color, I just realised only now since it's avail in both Red and Black.

rickysio

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh I see, thks for the clarification there bro Ricky. Seems like due to Kakaku.com main review pg I saw, I thought the exact model for their 1st-gen ones are known as HP-TWF11R and no K. Seems like the last letter denotation actually stands for the IEM color, I just realised only now since it's avail in both Red and Black.

Radius isn't exactly sure what to call it themselves IIRC. There were other alternative names floating about as well. :s13:

I recalled that I tested it against a new FXT90 and didn't find much difference, but that was so long ago I'm not sure already. Wonder how the FXZ200 sounds...

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Radius isn't exactly sure what to call it themselves IIRC. There were other alternative names floating about as well. :s13:

I recalled that I tested it against a new FXT90 and didn't find much difference, but that was so long ago I'm not sure already. Wonder how the FXZ200 sounds...

HA-FXT90 actually also got quite abit of dense presence in terms of lower-mids body texture/timbre, which was also mentioned in that AV Watch japanese review for the later FXZ200, makes me wonder if they have the exact sound signature with the exception of more sub-bass factor. (since these are based on that Carbon Nanotube diaphragm drivers, which was used in FXT90's as well)

In any case, those locals owners of FXZ100/FXZ200 is jin amazing ah, suddenly just MIA-ed from this thread especially the threadstarter, nv even give any brief impressions then disappear into thin air liao. Talk abt being selfish b-astards, so they is just create thread to hao-lian their hoots nia. :s13:

velato2006

Banned
Reaction score
Oops sry guys, well im not the TS but im considered one of the early adopters. It's not that i dont wanna give my impression but im very bad at writing reviews or expressing my feelings through words and also im very bad at english in terms of vocabulary, so yeah..:(

izaku8

Reaction score
+1
if you all have any questions, just ask. i'll try to answer.
note: only have 100. not 200.

my 1 sentence impression: it's just not like other earphones that i have :)

Oops sry guys, well im not the TS but im considered one of the early adopters. It's not that i dont wanna give my impression but im very bad at writing reviews or expressing my feelings through words and also im very bad at english in terms of vocabulary, so yeah..:(

izaku8

Reaction score
it has heavy bass but very good control. No sibilance at all.
It looks big like TF10 but you should be able to put on it without fitting problem. You just cannot sleep with it :)

You can wear it cable-down or over-the-ear.
Good cable so there is no or very low microphonics.

it has warm signature than flat or analytical.

Any mid bass bloat, sibilance, ergonomics, fit, the usual la.

qwertified

Reaction score
Just got mine (FXZ200) today from singpost. Basically its a basshead IEM, but the mids and trebles aren't that lacking for a dynamic IEM. It can sound fine and adequately "balanced" if you crank up the volume a bit. Bass still much more prominent tho, can't change that (duh). Definitely better than the likes of atrio and IE8, based on memory.

Fit wise i really don't know what JVC is thinking. Most comfortable would be the normal way with the L/R part sticking out, but the fit isn't very stable. Over the ear method is viable too, but i'd imagine it won't be comfortable for long hours. Just weird design.

Cable quality looks good, seems tangle free and sturdy. Reminds me of philips SHE9850 i had a long time ago (the cable quality was the only positive point of that IEM...).

And there's the ridiculously small JVC pouch AGAIN.

austy

Reaction score
Just got mine (FXZ200) today from singpost. Basically its a basshead IEM, but the mids and trebles aren't that lacking for a dynamic IEM. It can sound fine and adequately "balanced" if you crank up the volume a bit. Bass still much more prominent tho, can't change that (duh). Definitely better than the likes of atrio and IE8, based on memory.

Fit wise i really don't know what JVC is thinking. Most comfortable would be the normal way with the L/R part sticking out, but the fit isn't very stable. Over the ear method is viable too, but i'd imagine it won't be comfortable for long hours. Just weird design.

Cable quality looks good, seems tangle free and sturdy. Reminds me of philips SHE9850 i had a long time ago (the cable quality was the only positive point of that IEM...).

And there's the ridiculously small JVC pouch AGAIN.

Dude, too bad you dun like it. Can you sell it to me at half price? I dun mind having another of this great iem.
:s22:

Last edited:

xuan87

Reaction score
Thinking of getting both FXZ100, and FXZ200, then burn both in for 100 hours, and compare them to each other and to my FXT90, which has been my ANTIDOTE to more expensive poison so far. I'll just sell off either one, or both, depending on how they sound.

zhubajie

Master Member
Reaction score
can anyone show whats in the package? and can also share what price u all managed to get it after shipping etc etc ?

and also any place that sells it locally?

xuan87

Reaction score
Is there anyone in Singapore who has both the FXZ100 and FXZ200?

mogucon

Reaction score
Apologies for the noob question. My regular US amazon account won't work with amazon.jp rite? I'll need to sign up a new one using an address from Tenso?

First time buyin from jpn :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.