Not open for further replies.

lousylah

Reaction score
CIMB Why Wait Fixed Deposit-i

Minimum Deposit: S$1,000
Promotional Rate*

Cash upfront for 12 months* 1.05% p.a.
Cash upfront for 6 months* 0.75% p.a.

Muhaimin, I'm sure you have minimum of $1,000 to take part in this offer! :)

looks too good to be true! :eek:

liverpoolz

Master Member
Reaction score
looks too good to be true! :eek:

It's just a normal fixed deposit account. Interest upfront because its a Muslim type of banking fd, if I'm not wrong, it's their way of calculation. Still the sae amount of interest rate if hold till maturity.

lousylah

Reaction score
It's just a normal fixed deposit account. Interest upfront because its a Muslim type of banking fd, if I'm not wrong, it's their way of calculation. Still the sae amount of interest rate if hold till maturity.

but take into a/c the low minimum and attractive rate (+5bps over the closest alt) - best deal yet imo.

:s12:

wc1985

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It's 100% principal guaranteed right

anfielder

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone using Citibank checking accounts, please note...

Cheque book replenishment charge
With effect from 1st February 2013, a S$10 charge will be applicable for each cheque book replenished.

tildveryn

Reaction score
CIMB StarSaver: this is the highest interest saving account?

How's the internet banking facility? easy to use and fast for transfers to other bank account?

lzydata

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Right below the Features part CIMB states this paragraph, so we can assume it is:

Deposit Insurance Scheme
Singapore dollar deposits of non-bank depositors and monies and deposits denominated in Singapore dollars under the Supplementary Retirement Scheme are insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation, for up to S$50,000 in aggregate per depositor per Scheme member by law. Foreign currency deposits, dual currency investments, structured deposits and other investment products are not insured.

pfeiffer

Reaction score
Maybank also offers interest upfront frequently. :)

pfeiffer

Reaction score
fixed deposits are capital / principal guaranteed.

when bank collapses, you have $50,000 insured, but i guarantee u CIMB will not collapse 12 months from now! :) CIMB and Maybank are Malaysia leading banks, and well supported by the M'sia government.

wc1985

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for cimb account, when you create a fixed deposit account, the interest is credited into the cimb savings account right? does the savings account need to be 1k to earn the 0.8% interest when you put in $100 or above per month?

S1rius

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for cimb account, when you create a fixed deposit account, the interest is credited into the cimb savings account right? does the savings account need to be 1k to earn the 0.8% interest when you put in $100 or above per month?

kinda confusing. i assuming u are saying abt e cimb savings account? interest is 0.8% per annum if u put in at least $100 a month. Eg 1st mth 1.1k, 2nd mth 1.2k . Interest will be credited to the account at the end of the month.

wc1985

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm I am referring to the fixed deposit As once you create a account, another savings account will be created to put the interest in directly so I am wondering whether that savings account that was created to put the interest in needs to be 1k and above requirement to enjoy the 0.8% savings

S1rius

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm I am referring to the fixed deposit As once you create a account, another savings account will be created to put the interest in directly so I am wondering whether that savings account that was created to put the interest in needs to be 1k and above requirement to enjoy the 0.8% savings

ah, that will either be e step up fd or why wait fd.

Yes, u still have to maintain min 1k in that savings acct & the monthly $100 contribution to enjoy e 0.8% per annum interest.

wc1985

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ah, that will either be e step up fd or why wait fd.

Yes, u still have to maintain min 1k in that savings acct & the monthly $100 contribution to enjoy e 0.8% per annum interest.

ooh ok thanks :)

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Link: OCBC - Lunar New Year Deposit Promotion 2013

OCBC130107LNYDeposit.jpg

missyevo

Reaction score
Stanchart has changed the rates for the Step-Up Time Deposits. The highest rate is now 2.58% pa, up from 2.5% pa, but it is only applicable for the 34th to 36 month. Overall the effective rate for 3 years is down from 1.5% pa to 1.42% pa. Minimum $10k fresh funds, offer till 15 Feb.

Personal Banking - Deposits - Step Up Time Deposit - Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

I'm comparing this with the OCBC 1.8%, this seems better but a longer term, still worth it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.