Google Nexus 7 Warranty Registration INFORMATION - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

laptopseller

Reaction score
Latest update (3rd Jan 2013):

Alright, I'm tired of people asking me everyday about US warranty Nexus 7. If you are afraid there's no warranty for US sets, i suggest you buy from the distributors in Singapore. (Of course, at Singapore Prices). I called Asus Singapore for the 100th time today to check this out.

WARRANTY FOR NEXUS 7: ALL NEXUS 7 COMES WITH GLOBAL WARRANTY. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS US WARRANTY BS FOR NEXUS 7. FEEL FREE TO VERIFY WITH ASUS SINGAPORE @ 64157917.

7 SIMPLE STEPS TO REGISTER YOUR WARRANTY (GLOBAL) WITH ASUS

1) GO TO ASUS

2) CLICK ON PRODUCT REGISTRATION

3) CREATE / LOGIN WITH YOUR ASUS ACCOUNT

4) CLICK ON PRODUCT REGISTRATION

5) Enter the serial Number. note that the 1st 4 letter which has an "O" looks like a 0 (zero). CAOK, CBOK. Its not "0".

It will auto detect it as Nexus 7 if you enter the SSN correctly.

6) Reseller Name: GOOGLE (Even if you buy from others. Just put Google. These comes from Google after all)

7) Date of Purchase: Any date you like :)

Screenshot taken from Asus Website

b6wks9.jpg

Source

Cheers.

Last edited:

dscythegeo

Reaction score
i was emailing this asus person call Myra back and forth and she/he (i think is a she) register for me today. so i think by the time i ask Myra to do it for me, the asus system accepts the serials of the new n7 3g.

biglobe

Reaction score
just to clarify, all ur registered sets are bought from play store directly?

see some post saying the sets bought from other retailers in US (eg B&H) can register but direct from Play store cannot register. by right there shouldnt be any difference right?

so confusing:(. i bought using concierge service of forwarder. I will not have the invoice. will have problems?

laptopseller

Reaction score
just to clarify, all ur registered sets are bought from play store directly?

see some post saying the sets bought from other retailers in US (eg B&H) can register but direct from Play store cannot register. by right there shouldnt be any difference right?

so confusing:(. i bought using concierge service of forwarder. I will not have the invoice. will have problems?

Hi, as far as i know, whether you purchase from Ebay, B&H or whichever store, the warranty is international.

Also, in Asus website, they clearly state its international warranty.

You do not have need to have the invoice to have your warranty registered. So no worries.

Lastly, not all my sets (N7) are from Google Play. :) No complaints from anyone so far.

Hope that answers your question

biglobe

Reaction score
Hi, as far as i know, whether you purchase from Ebay, B&H or whichever store, the warranty is international.

Also, in Asus website, they clearly state its international warranty.

You do not have need to have the invoice to have your warranty registered. So no worries.

Lastly, not all my sets (N7) are from Google Play. :) No complaints from anyone so far.

Hope that answers your question

erm sorry where in the website says N7 is all covered by international warranty? it only says "...IF :s11: your device is covered under international warranty"

kelkel88

Reaction score
hi,

Sry... can anyone help? I understand that the SSN # can only be found on the box itself is that true? in the event that you have thrown away your box before registering it. Is there any way from the nexus we can find the SSN#?

Thanks in advance... ;)

SpyderMan

Reaction score
hi,

Sry... can anyone help? I understand that the SSN # can only be found on the box itself is that true? in the event that you have thrown away your box before registering it. Is there any way from the nexus we can find the SSN#?

Thanks in advance... ;)

There's a sticker with the serial# (see pic in white font SN:CBOK********) behind your Nexus 7.
dO73o.jpg

Pic taken from xda developers forum.

Last edited:

laptopseller

Reaction score
hi,

Thanks in advance... ;)

I believe you are also able to see the SSN on the settings --> ABOUT --> Status there.

fringesaint

Reaction score
Additional 3 months warranty

I bought my N7 32gb 3G 2 days ago from a local dealer who has a shop in Sim Lim Sq for $450. Call him to check for his stock but stock ran out, waited for 4 days and he delivered to my home.

I can vouch that warranty is covered globally, as the set from this guy is from US and I called Asus to confirm that my set is covered by warranty. What's more, Asus offers online registration another 3 months, so total warranty is for 15 months.

Those who are interested can pm me for this guy's contact.:s12:

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ur tips about "O" looking like "0" is great! almost stucked there... :)

registeredd!!!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.