AC Ryan very 1st Android Tablet

zoomzoom5535

Reaction score
This may sound strange.... I was told that AC Ryan has been closed from business.. I am not too sure..

May I know is AC Ryan office in Kaki Bukit still in business ?

Can someone please advise ?

AC-Ryan

Suspended
Reaction score

richart77

Reaction score
question: how to root ACR 7" ?

Hi All,

Can anyone me with step by step guide how to root ACR 7" with firmware 4.0.4 ACR 20120727.T7 version 1.1.6 ?

Very much appreciated and thanks in advance. :s22:

chap88

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip - it works! Previously I was trying to paste it into the root:s22:

Hi, you must make sure that you are pasting a file to a folder and not to the root directory. The "Paste" option should appear after selecting the "Editor" tab option.

BlackTribal

Reaction score
ACR, pls advice what is the latest version of firmware for the tab 9.7. On your website it says 4.0.4 ACR 20121015.T97 Version1.0.1.

Is mine the latest already?
4.1.1.ACR20121109.T97. Version 1.0.0

- This is the latest we have for Tab9.7 (JellyBean OS)

What are you saying exactly AC Ryan? So which is latest? And Jellybean OS you were mentioning ... is self online update even working?

Would appreciate if you could be specific with the replies here.

chap88

Reaction score
I understood ACR saying as follows:

O/S=ICS (i.e. 4.0.4) Latest = Version 1.0.1 (d/L from website)
O/S=JB (i.e. 4.1.1) Latest = Version 1.0.0 (preinstalled in tab)

FYI-I bought my tab on 23/Nov/2012 - so I have the latest preinstalled.

ACR will have to tell you whether you can upgrade from ICS to JB. On an earlier post, they mentioned that you need to bring your tab down to their office for O/S upgrade.

Hope that helps.

chap88

Reaction score
Default video player

My default video player does not resume the movie from the last viewed location. I downloaded MX player, Mobo, rockplayer, etc - all seem to be able to remember and resume from every movie that I watched halfway.
Anyone has this problem?

I am not keen to drop the default player because it has a fast-forward feature that all the others don't have. I can actually *view* the movie while doing FF. In MX player, the frame freezes while you FF and then jumps to where you have FF.

any ideas/suggestions?

AC-Ryan

Suspended
Reaction score
Thanks chap88. Just to confirm with BlackTribal, this is the latest OS version we have for Tab9.7 4.1.1.ACR20121109.T97. Version 1.0.0 (JellyBean OS)

I believe you already have this, if not then you might need to visit our service centre for OS upgrade.

Skyeagle

Reaction score
Hi AC-Ryan, My BT file transfer does not seem to be working. When I try to activate the blue tooth file transfer, it only shows "Please wait... Turning on Bluetooth" for a long time and it does not seem to turn on the blue tooth.
Any advice?

MoneyHoney

Master Member
Reaction score
My default video player does not resume the movie from the last viewed location. I downloaded MX player, Mobo, rockplayer, etc - all seem to be able to remember and resume from every movie that I watched halfway.
Anyone has this problem?

I am not keen to drop the default player because it has a fast-forward feature that all the others don't have. I can actually *view* the movie while doing FF. In MX player, the frame freezes while you FF and then jumps to where you have FF.

any ideas/suggestions?

it does? i hated the default player.

MX Player is so much better...i can swipe rightward and the movie will fast forward according to how much i swiped.

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi AC-Ryan, My BT file transfer does not seem to be working. When I try to activate the blue tooth file transfer, it only shows "Please wait... Turning on Bluetooth" for a long time and it does not seem to turn on the blue tooth.
Any advice?
Doesn't have built in bluetooth.....u got connect a supported adapter?

chap88

Reaction score
it does? i hated the default player.

MX Player is so much better...i can swipe rightward and the movie will fast forward according to how much i swiped.

I tried the MX Player, it does not allow a *real* fastforward - i.e. must be able to *watch* the movie in double-quick time. Are you able to do that?

chap88

Reaction score
Tab turns on by itself !

AC Ryan - two nights ago, I left my pad on standby without closing the cover. Then, I realised that the dark room became lit with the tab, and then it goes off. When I got up in the night to go to the toilet, it came on again. It must have gone on/off all night at some interval because my battery got drained off by 50% to zero in the morning.

So, right now I shutdown the tab when I am not using.

Do you know what is wrong with the tablet?

AC-Ryan

Suspended
Reaction score
Any advice?

Hi, first of all I would like to let you know that there is no built in Bluetooth in the device. For it to work you must use an external USB BT adapter together with the updated software (build number 4.0.4 T7 version 1.1.6) If you already have the USB BT adapter please make sure that the required software mentioned above is installed.

AC-Ryan

Suspended
Reaction score
AC Ryan - two nights ago, I left my pad on standby without closing the cover. Then, I realised that the dark room became lit with the tab, and then it goes off. When I got up in the night to go to the toilet, it came on again. It must have gone on/off all night at some interval because my battery got drained off by 50% to zero in the morning.

So, right now I shutdown the tab when I am not using.

Do you know what is wrong with the tablet?

Hi Chap, sad to say that we have never experience this before and we do not have other reports having the same issue as yours. It might be caused by an application that you installed, if have. I'd suggest that you reset your tablet to factory default and monitor it again, in this case you can isolate if it caused by the tablet itself or not.

Please be reminded that using the option above will erase all the tablet data, do backup your important files first. Sorry for any inconvenience.

nannan82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the back of my tab 7 always get very warm after a while of normal usage.... is it normal?????

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.