Thread all abt ROLEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richass

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, they can transfer the tang/tang buckle over there. They got many tools to service watches over there

dont go those small watch shops, they might scratch your watch

roger that.. can they fix the dial also?

lvlaTr1X

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I own a old rolex passed down from my dad, got quite a bit of scratches on the glass. Recently went online to find, it seems that for my model, it uses acrylic crystal. On ebay, I am able to find sapphire crystal but to replace it, anyone know where to go? And also a rough price? Thanks in advance.

ahboy82

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, they can transfer the tang/tang buckle over there. They got many tools to service watches over there

dont go those small watch shops, they might scratch your watch

Go jwwatch to change strap. $5.

If you buy their strap, strap change is free. Genuine leather straps there costs upwards of $39.

IMG_20130113_1515511_zps5c4f8621.jpg

Anyone know where to change the strap for this watch and roughly how much?
I know its old already but its a gift from my grandfather so i would very much like to repair it.

second that of what kohchris said. i got mine rolex fully serviced at JW. their service is top notch. but got to wait quite a bit of time to get back cos i think they have many orders to fulfill. last time i waited 4 mths...

but if u just want to change strap, then shd be ok.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dunn go and anyhow change the parts. Become rojak watch no value at all. U wan better polish the acrylic glass.

Hey guys, I own a old rolex passed down from my dad, got quite a bit of scratches on the glass. Recently went online to find, it seems that for my model, it uses acrylic crystal. On ebay, I am able to find sapphire crystal but to replace it, anyone know where to go? And also a rough price? Thanks in advance.

KohChris

Banned
Reaction score
Jwwatch have alot of experience.

Noob always makes mistakes. Experts don't. At jwwatch, the watchmakers are experts, not noobs

Plus 10 points if they are passionate about their work too.

Last edited:

KohChris

Banned
Reaction score
you can send to top hour too but i am not familiar with the quality of svc..

For jwwatch, the boss knows im a fussy guy so he will take particular care to baby my watches when its inside

For svc centers and boutiques, i can't be sure about the person who handles the end timepiece..

But i can tell you that from my experience, service ctr will not take extra care of your watches when its inside.

Your watch is like any other watch to them LOL

They got probably 5-8 technicians inside, and one will be assigned to your watch.
As for servicing the watch, have to see if you are heng or suay.

They won't do diagnostics as well. You have to tell them the problem.

Their watch service policy is aligned towards company's objective$, and not your objectives.

Btw, i have sent my older omega for bracelet link extension in their RWS boutique. My springbar got BENT when it came back.

Svc center is more expensive than jwwatch, for servicing

Its like going to family gp vs polyclinic gp

Unless its something jwwatch cannot do, then i will go to authorised service ctr

second that of what kohchris said. i got mine rolex fully serviced at JW. their service is top notch. but got to wait quite a bit of time to get back cos i think they have many orders to fulfill. last time i waited 4 mths...

but if u just want to change strap, then shd be ok.

Haha thanks...

Last edited:

ahboy82

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you can send to top hour too but i am not familiar with the quality of svc..

For jwwatch, the boss knows im a fussy guy so he will take particular care to baby my watches when its inside

For svc centers and boutiques, i can't be sure about the person who handles the end timepiece..

But i can tell you that from my experience, service ctr will not take extra care of your watches when its inside.

Your watch is like any other watch to them LOL

They got probably 5-8 technicians inside, and one will be assigned to your watch.
As for servicing the watch, have to see if you are heng or suay.

They won't do diagnostics as well. You have to tell them the problem.

Their watch service policy is aligned towards company's objective$, and not your objectives.

Btw, i have sent my older omega for bracelet link extension in their RWS boutique. My springbar got BENT when it came back.

Svc center is more expensive than jwwatch, for servicing

Its like going to family gp vs polyclinic gp

Unless its something jwwatch cannot do, then i will go to authorised service ctr

Haha thanks...

tophour is not bad too i got my tudor serviced there. BUT, BUT, BUT, a BIG BUT, the boss always cannot deliver on the date he proclaimed. his shop is severely understaff, i think he is the only one doing it, therefore always delay de. i ever see a lady walk in ask him change strap what time can collect, he say 4pm end up the lady walk in at 4pm he have not even started on her job. the lady was so pissed that she argue with the boss.

socketer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tophour is not bad too i got my tudor serviced there. BUT, BUT, BUT, a BIG BUT, the boss always cannot deliver on the date he proclaimed. his shop is severely understaff, i think he is the only one doing it, therefore always delay de. i ever see a lady walk in ask him change strap what time can collect, he say 4pm end up the lady walk in at 4pm he have not even started on her job. the lady was so pissed that she argue with the boss.
+1 for tophour, got my Cartier services there. Straightforward transaction with no cockups

Kinetic88

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I think I need to service my watch. Where to go? Go for official one? Est pricing?
Rolex Centre ish de bestest place for your precious watch.
moi serviced mine there and it came back like brand new even though my watch is 25 yrs old.

tribe

Reaction score

Just to chip in that I was in the same situation as you a few years back, it was a datejust from my grand dad as well. I went with JW, and although it took awhile, the service is good, and slightly cheaper than Rolex Centre. Only thing is their opening hours can be a bit troublesome for working people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.