NUS SCIENCE(STATISTICS)

Rusty89

Reaction score
Did i read wrongly? how come St3244 friday lecture like only 45 mins nia? :s11:

honestedseller

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys need some help here regarding whether to take lsm 1301 this semester. I heard that taking this mod during this semester is more competitive as compared to sem 1 because for sem 1, there are more ppl taking it as core, while sem 2 ppl take as elective, so likely to work harder to do better. Am I right?

Tatami

Reaction score
For my sci gem, i took GEK1524 living with fluid. It's a really interesting modules which are split into 3 different topics with a test at the end of each. So there isnt really any finals except for that 3 papers. Physics wise not that much. the papers some are mcq some are short answer.

I want to take this but i only have o-level combined physics background :/ but the pre-req is O-level in Physics or Physical Sciences. Howwww

Tatami

Reaction score
Hey guys need some help here regarding whether to take lsm 1301 this semester. I heard that taking this mod during this semester is more competitive as compared to sem 1 because for sem 1, there are more ppl taking it as core, while sem 2 ppl take as elective, so likely to work harder to do better. Am I right?

Not sure about that. I took during my yr 1 sem 2. I have no bio background and put little effort but attended all lectures. I got B+

Rusty89

Reaction score
Hey guys. Can I ask if the textbook for st3244 is relevant? Lol think I am rather rash to be going to buy it before the first lesson.

Also, for st3239. They split up into 2 textbooks by this past gem2901 lecturer. It's rather different from the textbook selling in the forum. So was thinking whether to get it not. Any advice mah?

Darkzi0n

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i went to coop try to find st3239 tb jus now.. dunno izzit i cockeye anot.. but cant seems to find it :s22:

anyway, jus had chan yiu man's st3131 lect today... his notes like got alot of mistakes like that.. somemore he dosnt realize it when he goes through it :vijayadmin:

Rusty89

Reaction score
i went to coop try to find st3239 tb jus now.. dunno izzit i cockeye anot.. but cant seems to find it :s22:

anyway, jus had chan yiu man's st3131 lect today... his notes like got alot of mistakes like that.. somemore he dosnt realize it when he goes through it :vijayadmin:

Haha ok. Later I go coop to try my luck. Once every 3 sem mod de textbook shouldn't be so easy to find de ba.

Lol. Chan's style of teaching is like that. Like in his own world. Used to attend his st2131 lecture last yr.

Tatami

Reaction score
Hey guys. Can I ask if the textbook for st3244 is relevant? Lol think I am rather rash to be going to buy it before the first lesson.

Also, for st3239. They split up into 2 textbooks by this past gem2901 lecturer. It's rather different from the textbook selling in the forum. So was thinking whether to get it not. Any advice mah?

The tb for St3244 is required according to the intro notes (slide 10) !

Rusty89

Reaction score
The tb for St3244 is required according to the intro notes (slide 10) !

Alright thanks tatami. Haha haven't read the notes yet and asking stupid questions and I have alr reserved the book. Haha so kiasu. Lol tatami u like quite phantom de. What mod u taking this sem?

Rusty89

Reaction score
Oh yar btw I managed to find the 2nd textbook for st3239 on coop but not the first. There's however another version which is what the forum is selling. Wonder can we use that to replace rather than splitting up to 2 books. Reminds me of this 9gag that depicts this prof telling the class to buy a super thick and ex textbook but only using a paragraph in it. Lol.

Rusty89

Reaction score
Probability and Ma2108 (took two core mods every sem ...smart move :( )

Now scavenging for basic materials on R...

i think u shld take up ST3131. though my R also not that zai but at least got some exposure. if not then is better to read up more on R. Lol 2 cores every sem rly is not enough la. at least 3 cores/ sem in yr 1 then yr 2 onwards can relax abit like that.

Rusty89

Reaction score
This sem really like see a lot of unfamiliar faces in lectures. do u guys feel so?

Somehow always see this very enthu girl who is rather erm stocky in lecture.

Darkzi0n

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This sem really like see a lot of unfamiliar faces in lectures. do u guys feel so?

Somehow always see this very enthu girl who is rather erm stocky in lecture.

yea loh i also see quite alot of unfamiliar faces... think cos lvl3000 liao, so all the year 3s and 4s mixing in.

wat does stocky means? :s34::s34:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.