[Gaming] Official Guild Wars 2 Thread [No Sales of items or currency!]

Pericles

Reaction score
Henge of Denravi

hodcome.gif

Reeling from the swelling pits of an early mass exodus, the Henge of Denravi found, through time - its core. One that held fast through thick and thin, never losing hope or belief in the server, even when everyone else had. The heart and soul of HoD thrived through months of its agonizing slide in WvWvW, learning week by week to defend towers and keeps against overwhelming odds. It emerged from each fight with a lightness of heart, and strengthened comradeship, be it a win or a loss; thus discovering the true intent of GW2.

Today, HoD is strengthened, and its numbers grown around the core community that has organized itself through a chain of alliances, shared guild events, weekly schedule, server meetings, server voice chat and forums.

Its community consists of students, married couples, parents and grandparents - a healthy showing from all parts of the world, come together under one roof. Its interests lie in all parts of the game, from the very basic level to the most hardcore. Our WvWvW team has gradually strengthened over time, and has proven to be a force to be reckoned with in the tier that we are in.

HoD is a community based server, which means that we value community over all else. Leaving no beginner behind, we provide WvW lessons, PvE mapping runs, as well as Orr temple runs to get you what you need to progress in the game. We even have a historical tours event for those who would like to learn more about the history of locales in GW2, and a weekly role-play group for those interested in the art.

We equally value your participation in our events, and taking part of our warm community over the server forum and mumble.

Hear what some have to say about HoD:
"The close-knit-ness of Henge of Denravi's community is really what makes the server a great place to be. On any given night in WvW, I recognize between 50-75% of the names on the battlefield, which is something you just don't get on other servers. It's not that "no one is on", it's that the same people are on, and most of us get to know each other." - Valenna, Commander [GT]

"Well the community would be the only thing keeping me here. because when I first moved the guild here I quickly thought of moving to somewhere else... but its the people I met, either from recruiting or playing with everyone that made me decide to stay and do the best I could to help our server come back, this and the fact that so many people are trying so hard to make this work" - Havvik, Commander [LK]

"HoD has shown time and again that it really knows how to laugh off any failures, and try try again, no matter the opposition. It's that die-hard core of HoD that makes it so pleasurable to fight alongside. Since the major hardcore WvW guilds left the server, HoD has found itself left with a bunch of casual, non-elitist, friendly group of guilds. People with families, jobs, and school - sharing time with each other at different parts of the day - all working hand in hand during the server events shared between guilds." - Andrea B, Commander [CV]

If you would like to explore the community of HoD, visit our forums at Henge of Denravi.

To join Charter Vanguard (with over 40 Singaporeans) visit http://bit.ly/CVGuild

Last edited:

kevinbp

Reaction score
anyone willing to play this game for $3 an hour, i'm having exams but i'm close to my legendary. pm me.

GRAVESEED

Reaction score
Anyone knows what is the going rate for the physical copies (if there is any) of Guild Wars 2 in Singapore?

I am looking to purchase one copy for myself, and I tend to stay away from any online purchases.

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Great Tyrian Adventure:

Hail and Well met adventurers! Coming February 5th, 2013 the Gaiscioch [GSCH] family welcome you to join in a public community adventure across Tyria Every Tuesday Night from 6-9PM PST. The Great Tyrian Adventure will be broken into 5 chapters spread across 5-7 week periods. Each week will focus on a new zone. The objective of this event is to complete meta events, earn skill points, face off against perilous monsters, and meet some of the faces in the Sanctum of Rall community. All players welcome, banners will be provided every hour.
more information on details, dates and rewards @ The Great Tyrian Adventure - Sanctum of Rall

if you're planning on moving over to SoR, and need a guild:
PM me when you've transferred over with your account name.
Guild details: Serenity Edge

yang_nastyman

Reaction score
Guys can you explain to me how you get hooked on the game? I was very active during the open beta, playing like mad every single time.

But when the game released I just kinda lost interest :(

ImJayden

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just started playing Guild Wars 2. But why when I'm so low level, the quest is to fight some higher level mob than me? Anyway, I have to follow quest? Or can grind on mob to level? Anyone have tips for a newbie, cause the game seems kinda blur to me. Thanks in advanced.

SexMuffin

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just started playing Guild Wars 2. But why when I'm so low level, the quest is to fight some higher level mob than me? Anyway, I have to follow quest? Or can grind on mob to level? Anyone have tips for a newbie, cause the game seems kinda blur to me. Thanks in advanced.

Well the hardest part of guild wars for me was lvling from lvl 1-18 , I would say if you within lvl 10-18 you can go too queensdale(valewaypoint) and lvl up at the events at vale waypoint.The events happens really often and it pretty fast to lvl up. Lvling up in guild wars is not by doing quest but by doing events.Its really easy and fast to reach lvl 80 so just take your time.

ImJayden

Reaction score
Well the hardest part of guild wars for me was lvling from lvl 1-18 , I would say if you within lvl 10-18 you can go too queensdale(valewaypoint) and lvl up at the events at vale waypoint.The events happens really often and it pretty fast to lvl up. Lvling up in guild wars is not by doing quest but by doing events.Its really easy and fast to reach lvl 80 so just take your time.

How to get to queensdale uh? I mean, I'm really very new to the game. So pardon my noobness. LOL. Anyway, thanks for replying me. So, it's normal for a level 3-4 to have a level 6 quest?

Adventia

Reaction score
I am level 39 now and stopped playing for a while. Are SG ppl active on Henge of Denravi ?

I realized no more free server migration soon with the guesting system. So wondering if i shd migrate now before its gem tagged.:s13:

Any advice on how shd i progress from lv 39 onwards ? i too find the game abit dry after a while. Not as exciting as i thought it would be.

kill99

Master Member
Reaction score
How to get to queensdale uh? I mean, I'm really very new to the game. So pardon my noobness. LOL. Anyway, thanks for replying me. So, it's normal for a level 3-4 to have a level 6 quest?

You will need to clear more of the heart quest
to go other race town.You will need to go to the purple color portal that say lion arch.

I am level 39 now and stopped playing for a while. Are SG ppl active on Henge of Denravi ?

I realized no more free server migration soon with the guesting system. So wondering if i shd migrate now before its gem tagged.:s13:

Any advice on how shd i progress from lv 39 onwards ? i too find the game abit dry after a while. Not as exciting as i thought it would be.

go do more heart quest or explore will also be able to level
this guild quite active in hod
check out their site Charter Vanguard [CV]

TaliaGW

Reaction score
Guys can you explain to me how you get hooked on the game? I was very active during the open beta, playing like mad every single time.

But when the game released I just kinda lost interest :(

I think you just need a good group of friends to do stuff with. That's the whole point of an MMO. I've been keeping busy with WvW too, that can be pretty addictive, especially if you really want your server to do well.

Thank you kill99 for mentioning our guild. There're plenty of SG people on HoD, both in the Charter Vanguard, Shimmering Darkness and some Malaysians in Honalee. There are others scattered around various guilds, but the ones I've mentioned are where most of the Singaporeans clustered in.

SexMuffin

Reaction score

Main quest is more for the story as the lvl from 1 quest to another is sometime very huge.Do hearts o the map , explore your starting area and looks for hearts(its possible to do hearts that are 1-2 lvl above you , if you find that you have did all the hearts that around your lvl but still cant lvl up then go to other races starting area) , find the telescope icons on the map and find new hearts to do.If you wanna go to different location of tyria you can click the PvP button at the top left and go to heart of the mist.Then walk in to the only portal you see. Im not sure if you have to do a tutorial 1st tho. Im more of a lazy person when it comes to lvling so if you wanna do lvling the 'lazy' way you can train at queensdale from lvl 10-18 (do troll , ranchers , bears , barracuda events) and you can go to kessex hill to do the centaur chain event from 18-40(or even 60 if you want) Then what i did was i did dungeon (AC ) when i was lvl 40-50 with friends and went back to centaurs every now and then. A good way is to not do your story quest and do it at later levels around 50-60 as events/story quest gives you EXP base on your lvl. Also doing dungeons gives you token to get exotic armor and weapons

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.