Keppel Corporation *Official* (SGX: BN4)

Carnesir

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just released their results. Total dividend for the year is 72.4, which based on closing price is 6 percent dividend yield! Am I missing something here...

What is dividend in specie of Keppel reits units??

Some-one

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can sell the kreit share straightaway?
Yes, you can after it is been given to you and found in the CDP, but I am not going to do so. I would be buying more to top up the odd lot to collect dividend every quarter. With free Keppel REIT shares, I am lowering my cost per Keppel REIT unit by topping up. It is definitely worth it.:)

Last edited:

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hold yr horses. The proposal need shareholder's approval (probably just a formality), then Keppel will announced the book closure date for the dividend-in-specie. Finally, it has to be credited into yr CDP account before you can sell it.

Those of you who are concerned about odd lots will be please to know that when the dividend-in-specie is distributed, there will be a temporary counter to trade 100 units of Keppel REIT.

Carnesir

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How about those who bought using the standard chartered platform... As a custodian account I wonder how is it going to be given..

addict951

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
chao cheesepie stupid Kepcorp
shld give away Free K-green wad
kREIT so gd give for huat
haven't official already got ppl on top wanna sell liao
so gd counter wait credited to cdp a/c sure got idiots wanna sell then bring down KREIT's px :vijayadmin: :s8:

Some-one

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
chao cheesepie stupid Kepcorp
shld give away Free K-green wad
kREIT so gd give for huat
haven't official already got ppl on top wanna sell liao
so gd counter wait credited to cdp a/c sure got idiots wanna sell then bring down KREIT's px :vijayadmin: :s8:
Next time, don't buy the children. Buy the parent. :s13:

addict951

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Is Kepcork running out of cash ar?
Why give away such high value counter like KREIT and not K-GREEN or Kep TT?

lzydata

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

They already distributed half of their stake in K-Green, do it again and the trust will not have a sponsor anymore :s22: KTT yes, it is also very closely held by Keppel (80%).

ah_mah

Reaction score
Next time, don't buy the children. Buy the parent. :s13:

You cannot control which child the parent will choose to give away. You can only control which parent to buy.

I'm a supporter of all parents! Sembcorp, Kepcorp, OCBC.

Some-one

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In the last FY, their operating cashflow is a cool $1 billion :eek:. They are not running out of cash and I don't think they ever would with so many subsidiaries under it. I was hoping that they can give us Keppel land as well next time since they have gave K-Green and K-REIT :s13:.

Nevertheless, shareholders of Keppel Corp has certainly profited considerably in the last FY. With free shares, shareholders can sold it or buy more to bring down the value to much less than the market value. Keppel-REIT....here I come...:D

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hold yr horses. The proposal need shareholder's approval (probably just a formality), then Keppel will announced the book closure date for the dividend-in-specie. Finally, it has to be credited into yr CDP account before you can sell it.

Those of you who are concerned about odd lots will be please to know that when the dividend-in-specie is distributed, there will be a temporary counter to trade 100 units of Keppel REIT.

Luckily there will be an odd lot counter open for one calendar month. Otherwise, I will be stuck with 600 KR in CPF and 400 KR in cash.

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some companies may arrange with a specified broker for a lower commission for trading of the temporary. Not sure if Keepel will arrange with any broker for this or not.

POEMS unit share brokerage is $10 per transaction.

Some-one

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some companies may arrange with a specified broker for a lower commission for trading of the temporary. Not sure if Keepel will arrange with any broker for this or not.

POEMS unit share brokerage is $10 per transaction.
They have done so previously for K-Green Trust units. I believe they would do so this time round as well.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.