THE BB Q10 thread!

lunffy

Banned
Reaction score
008BlackberryQ10__610x436.jpg

blackberry-q10-qwerty-keyboard-bb10.jpg

The smaller Q10, largely matches up with the Z10, when it comes to specs. It too uses a 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage. And it shares the same rear facing 8-megapixel shooter and 2-megapixel front-facing camera. The major differentiator between the two handsets is input. Unlike the Z10, the Q10 offers a physical keyboard that the company says is the widest it’s ever produced. Sitting atop the keyboard is a square, 3.1-inch AMOLED touchscreen with a 720×720 pixel resolution.

Anyone else here looking forward to the next physical qwerty keyboard like me????? :o

Realized specs are missing!
  • Processor: Dual-Core 1.5GHz – Snapdragon S4 Plus
  • Display: 3.1”, SuperAMOLED display, 720 x 720 resolution at 360 PPI, Touch On Lens
  • Camera: 8MP rear facing camera, Auto Focus, 5X digital zoom,
  • 1080p HD video recording ・2MP front facing camera, 3X digital zoom,
  • 720p HD video recording
  • Memory: 2GB RAM ・16GB Internal Storage ・Hot Swappable microSD Slot up to 64GB
  • WiFi: 802.11 a/b/g/n ・2.4/5GHz ・4G Mobile Hotspot
  • GPS: Assisted, Autonomous, and Simultaneous GPS
  • Battery: 2100mAh Removable
  • Sensors: Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Proximity, Gyroscope, Ambient light sensor
  • Connectivity: NFC ・microUSB ・microHDMI-Out ・Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy
  • 4G LTE
  • Dimensions (LxWxD): 119.6mm x 66.8mm x 10.3mm
  • Talk Time / Standby: N/A at this time from BlackBerry as it’s still in testing

Spec added!

Last edited:

spheda

Master Member
Reaction score
me! I hope they allow bis on multi-sim. I got 1 non-cam bb. Intend to get q10 for 2nd phone. Heh.

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
might be. but now prefer. bigger screen hahaha so I pick z10

sCuzzZy

Reaction score
Q10 probably have to wait till april.. its a long wait.

Caulibeam

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the app selection will be limited due to the screen dimension. If yes, I think i'd stick to the Z10. Predictive text is not really a concern for me though, I usually have it off anyway

lunffy

Banned
Reaction score
me! I hope they allow bis on multi-sim. I got 1 non-cam bb. Intend to get q10 for 2nd phone. Heh.
you mean bis line ah?

might be. but now prefer. bigger screen hahaha so I pick z10
yah loh.... i'm using note now, from 5" to 3.5" gonna take sometime to get used to it ah.... but i'm seriously fedup of touch screen typing.

Q10 probably have to wait till april.. its a long wait.
hehehe no problem, my plan only due in June. :D

lunffy

Banned
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the app selection will be limited due to the screen dimension. If yes, I think i'd stick to the Z10. Predictive text is not really a concern for me though, I usually have it off anyway
i don't think app will be an issue.. its just screen size...... somemore bb10 true multitasking might not be that useful on smaller screens loh.. but for that physical keyboard, worth it for me i guess

Caulibeam

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i don't think app will be an issue.. its just screen size...... somemore bb10 true multitasking might not be that useful on smaller screens loh.. but for that physical keyboard, worth it for me i guess

I'm going by the worst case scenario now, that a large number of applications will be coming from port over androids.

Now for the Z10 its ok, cos most android apps are built rectangular in shape

For the Q10 on the other hand, the screen is more squarish, so this is going to be a problem, unless RIM has a brilliant solution to it which they obviously did not address :(

OR. we'd have apps that are stretched horizontally

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Should I say it all out here? Nah :dance:

21feb - z10 launch only. Not for sale.

X or Q 10 only after 2 months at least.

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you mean bis line ah?

yah loh.... i'm using note now, from 5" to 3.5" gonna take sometime to get used to it ah.... but i'm seriously fedup of touch screen typing.

hehehe no problem, my plan only due in June. :D

hahaha from note to bb screen is like a epic down grade aoo. big to aoo small

even I find it hard to accept ip5 screen even it got a epic sharp dpi screen
after converted to android

even z10 I only wanna see the set in person before say yes hahaha

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so I hope after the launch of bb10 os
they might consider. bigger screen format as the OS is quite interesting

Chin Ang

Reaction score
I'll be getting Q10 as well! Anyway, i was a bit disappointed by the chipset used in Q10, which is TIOMAP 4470 instead of Snapdragon S4. Snapdragon S4 is more powerful and energy efficient than TIOMAP 4470 (ARM V7s vs ARM V7, 28nm vs 45vm).

Don't understand why they opted for TIOMAP 4470 instead of Snapdragon S4 since S4 has so much more advantage over TIOMAP (phone performance, battery life, graphic processing power and etc.). Any thought?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
waiting to change my 9900 to this or should i try the z10? haha the only thing holding me back from the z10 is the physical keyboard. love bb keyboards!

lunffy

Banned
Reaction score
hahaha from note to bb screen is like a epic down grade aoo. big to aoo small

even I find it hard to accept ip5 screen even it got a epic sharp dpi screen
after converted to android

even z10 I only wanna see the set in person before say yes hahaha

hahaa one of the reason for me to change is.... big phone really troublesome!!! and can't really type well/fast with one hand.

I'll really miss watching videos on my 5" phone tho.. gonna get another 7" tablet for videos. =:p

lunffy

Banned
Reaction score
I'll be getting Q10 as well! Anyway, i was a bit disappointed by the chipset used in Q10, which is TIOMAP 4470 instead of Snapdragon S4. Snapdragon S4 is more powerful and energy efficient than TIOMAP 4470 (ARM V7s vs ARM V7, 28nm vs 45vm).

Don't understand why they opted for TIOMAP 4470 instead of Snapdragon S4 since S4 has so much more advantage over TIOMAP (phone performance, battery life, graphic processing power and etc.). Any thought?

hahaha sorry bro. way too technical for me.
but then, for a phone, really need to have sooooooo powerful processor? somemore you'll only have 3.5" screen to play with..

waiting to change my 9900 to this or should i try the z10? haha the only thing holding me back from the z10 is the physical keyboard. love bb keyboards!

me too waiting to dump 9900 for this

haha physical keyboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i really miss physical keyboard after 2 years on touchscreen......

Caulibeam

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hahaha sorry bro. way too technical for me.
but then, for a phone, really need to have sooooooo powerful processor? somemore you'll only have 3.5" screen to play with..

haha physical keyboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i really miss physical keyboard after 2 years on touchscreen......

even if nonid powerful processor, the energy efficiency is definitely a plus point. :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.