Asus PADPHONE 2

PiguChiu

Reaction score
Do you guys really using the pad station ah? i feel that the station quite useless leh... feel like selling it away.

d515s23

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you guys really using the pad station ah? i feel that the station quite useless leh... feel like selling it away.

Just wondering if you don't intend to use the station, why buy this phone?
I bought this phone just for the station.

smoothfreeze

Reaction score
just got my padfone earlier today (or maybe shld i say yesterday?). Updated to the latest firmware.. was scrolling some pages back and notice that some of u guys mention abt the WWE_10.4.11.13 update? Any difference from the StarHub update? Should I update to the WWE version?

PiguChiu

Reaction score
Just wondering if you don't intend to use the station, why buy this phone?
I bought this phone just for the station.

Cus i was testing out this 2in1 idea, but in the end it didnt work out out for me i guess... But i love the phone itself, the design is much better than S3, and i m a andriod user, so Iphone 5 is out of the qn.
Now my problem is i found the station is kind of redundant.

Last edited:

emo panda

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How would you design a cover that can do so?

refer to the galaxy note flip cover.. its attached to the back cover of the phone.. attach it to the top of the padfone, just flip the cover to the back then can dock liao..

but there wont be any protection for the back, and it might block the camera..

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
refer to the galaxy note flip cover.. its attached to the back cover of the phone.. attach it to the top of the padfone, just flip the cover to the back then can dock liao..

There you go...instant business opportunity for ya! :D

killkyo

Reaction score

You start this in kickstarter, I will confirm back you. :)

TheDisgruntedCitizen

Master Member
Reaction score
Cus i was testing out this 2in1 idea, but in the end it didnt work out out for me i guess... But i love the phone itself, the design is much better than S3, and i m a andriod user, so Iphone 5 is out of the qn.
Now my problem is i found the station is kind of redundant.

Honestly I sort of agree with you... mainly because it doesn't make sense to have a mobile phone connected to a larger (and heavier) screen, if it doesn't comes with a physical keyboard, a la Transformer style. It is solely on this reason why I did not consider PadFone 2

id0n0van

Reaction score
just got my padfone earlier today (or maybe shld i say yesterday?). Updated to the latest firmware.. was scrolling some pages back and notice that some of u guys mention abt the WWE_10.4.11.13 update? Any difference from the StarHub update? Should I update to the WWE version?

After updating to the WWE version, I can say that on the WWE firmware, the whole interface becomes dramatically better as I was always experiencing random reboots and random hanging on Starhub firmware. Furthermore, you get to enjoy NFS. :D

amarawi

Reaction score
Honestly I sort of agree with you... mainly because it doesn't make sense to have a mobile phone connected to a larger (and heavier) screen, if it doesn't comes with a physical keyboard, a la Transformer style. It is solely on this reason why I did not consider PadFone 2

Why doesn't it make sense?
with the same logic, what sense is there in anyone buying any non-physical-keyboard tablets in the market? (which is almost all the tablets out there aside from transformer)

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
with the same logic, what sense is there in anyone buying any non-physical-keyboard tablets in the market? (which is almost all the tablets out there aside from transformer)
Errr......making sense of something is up to the individual. Not yours or his right to enforce their will on anything else. :D

Some people use 5" or 7" tablets as phones. Is it unsightly? Maybe. Does it make sense? Not to some. But to the users? Sure it makes sense. One can even argue the benefits they gain from doing so makes those users of puny smaller smartphones jealous beyond belief. :)

smoothfreeze

Reaction score
After updating to the WWE version, I can say that on the WWE firmware, the whole interface becomes dramatically better as I was always experiencing random reboots and random hanging on Starhub firmware. Furthermore, you get to enjoy NFS. :D

How's the battery life like for the WWE version?

TheDisgruntedCitizen

Master Member
Reaction score

the main selling point of PadFone is the ability to use a mobile phone, connect it to a larger panel and use it like a notebook.

However, since you are sacrificing mobility when you plug it in the dock, you should have the ability to use it in more ways than just a glorified battery pack with a larger screen. If it is the similar design as the original PadFone, that is to say, with another additional battery pack together with a physical keyboard, it would make a complete set...

I would like to stress this is only my point of view, open for discussion. I am not saying those who choose PadFone 2 bought a lemon or something like that, but just offering my frank opinion on the current design of the PadFone 2.

amarawi

Reaction score
the main selling point of PadFone is the ability to use a mobile phone, connect it to a larger panel and use it like a notebook.

However, since you are sacrificing mobility when you plug it in the dock, you should have the ability to use it in more ways than just a glorified battery pack with a larger screen. If it is the similar design as the original PadFone, that is to say, with another additional battery pack together with a physical keyboard, it would make a complete set...

I would like to stress this is only my point of view, open for discussion. I am not saying those who choose PadFone 2 bought a lemon or something like that, but just offering my frank opinion on the current design of the PadFone 2.

Hahaha..:s13:
Firstly, I should apologize if I sounded offensive or argumentative...=:p
Didn't -in any way- mean it in such manner, and I'm honestly interested in "your point of view" as you mention.

So, if nobody minds a friendly discussion...
I'll share a bit of my own perspective:

Given that ASUS made an engineering target of keeping the combined weight of the padfone 2 to right underneath apple's ipad. Docking the fone might be considered less of a "sacrificing mobility"-type of action.

If the overall weight and dimension of the docked padfone, is similar to the overall weight and dimension of the average tablet in the market... then we might be able to think that there's would be a good many points on why the padfone 2 might be useful in its tablet form factor.

Of course, all this is assuming that there are many usefulness in consumers buying a tablet (eg: instead of a phone). Which is a different discussion altogether.

So, although I can understand why some people might not want any kind of 10" tablets at all... I find it hard to see why -if- anyone who likes 10" tablets would not find any merits in having a padfone 2 and its docking capability to become a 10" tablet form factor.

^_^

Cheers.
;)

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.