Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberian

Reaction score
Anyone know the price for MHI model SCM60Z-JS? I was quote $3050 full installation, exclude bracket.

terumo

Reaction score
to cyberian,

Can provide more details like the indoor unit model and materials used so we can see if the price is reasonable?

charlie_sg

Reaction score
Seeking advice on Casement Aircon

Hi,

I would like to seek advice on Casement Aircon.

Currently, there are only 2 models that I could find in the market.
1) EuropAce EAC-392 - $880 (Courts)
2) Trends A003A-09 - $588 (Fairprice Xtra)

Is there any other new casement aircon models that are available in the market?

From NEA energy consumption website, Trends uses slightly more energy than EuropAce. I noted that there is quite a number of people selling off Trends aircon, but I couldn't find the reasons or review on this aircon.

Is it better to buy Trends aircon, as it is cheaper than EuropAce by $200+?

Thanks.

cyberian

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply. My new aircon is install and damage is $3k (w/o bracket as the old bracket still can be use). Following are the details:

Brand: Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
Compressor Model: SCM60ZJ-S1
FCU : Can't remember the model but is 1 x 12000BTU and 2 x 9000BTU

The workmanship is good installer did a good job.

Repsol_2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Get mainstream model such as mit starmex or daikin. Cfm will last. My daikin lasted for 9 years before i get it replaced to it looks really old and eye sore and mainboard burnt i guess due to old age, starmex coming to 6 year...so far yet to breakdown. Really heavyduty.

Last edited:

galant1688

Reaction score
Any used aircon vendor to recommend? This is for tenanted hdb. Current aircon totally broke down unrepairable

Panzerf

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks Terumo for your recommendation. I went for system 3 non inverter Daikin MA56 in the end after dragging for months. $1899 from Gain City.

Installation took a day.

monk..

Master Member
Reaction score
so mitsubish and daikin are the 2 brands to go to since they are durable, quiet and saving electric bills?
looking to install one so trying to decide between mitsubishi, panasonic or daikin....advices and comments..:D

Navanod

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Need some advice from the experts here.
I have a corridor facing room in an old 3 room HDB that I would like to aircondition. However, I'm trying to avoid affecting the other room (means penetrating the walls to install the split unit is a problem) and it is against HDB regulations to install casement or window units on windows facing the common corridor.

Portable unit seemed to be the only way, but it is energy hungry and noisy (I expect to run it long hours), and I'll still need to purge the exhaust out the window as well as change the window from the current glass and aluminum window panes to something more airtight.

However, I'm thinking if I can mount a casement unit by putting up a small partition before the window and mounting the casement inside the room, venting it into the space between the window and the partition?
The partition can be partly glass and hinged so I can still access the window. The plus side is, I reduce the amount of space that I need to aircondition (I don't need the entire room's space anyway), and I'm not doing anything to the existing windows and the other room.

Is this allowed by HDB? Or am I just crazy?

terumo

Reaction score
Navanod,
Ur idea can work, but the cost of the partition and rest, i will suggest getting a single system and most maybe drill 1 -2 holes.

Navanod

Master Member
Reaction score
Navanod,
Ur idea can work, but the cost of the partition and rest, i will suggest getting a single system and most maybe drill 1 -2 holes.

Hi terumo,

Thanks for the quick reply. You are right...ideally I would prefer that too since I can use an inverter as well rather than casement. I would also be able to retain full use of the room, including the built-in wardrobe.

However, I'll then need to change all the windows along the corridor (including the hall's), as well as convince my mum to let me drill and run trunking through her room.
She couldn't care less about having her own air-con, so that's not a bargaining chip either :s8:

I suppose my problem isn't a technical one after all. haha

monk..

Master Member
Reaction score
To monk..
ME more value for money in my views.

ME as in MHI? or M starmex?
for a resale, would you change the trunking or keep the existing ones?
I found that changing trunking not cheap also...:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.