Citibank's New Prestige Card

the_ed

Reaction score
Interesting move by Citibank to be competitive.

https://www.citibank.com.sg/gcb/credit_cards/prestige-card.htm?eOfferCode=SGCPCNAV

Key Highlights of this new Mastercard:

Local spend: 1.4 miles/$ (matching ANZ Travel Card)
Overeseas spend: 2 miles/$ (sames as their own PM card)
No expiry date of miles!
Welcome bonus: 25K miles
Relationship bonus: Awarded in Reward points amounting 5% - 30% of annual amount spent in S$; % depends on tenure with bank and whether a Citigold client.
$535 dollar annual fee for 25K miles
120k income requirement

Note: you earn Rewards points, but the above miles is after conversion.

Last edited:

Jarlaxle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha i wonder if they will allow ppl to apply easily like PM card

Suleyman

Reaction score
Even for non Citigold customers, you are still earning an additional 5% (or more), compared to ANZ Travel Visa. For people able to get it, this card makes Premiermiles pretty redundant. I might get one and cancel my PM.

Another plus point is that because it is CitiRewards points, I can combine the points with those earned from my Clear card and Rewards card for one redemption (& one fee). Using PM means I need to pay twice (once for PM, once for Rewards).

bencheongcm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
looks good but when divided 25k for $500+ is it really worth the money ?

ForumRider

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no diff to me since i m not qualified for this card LOL
Conti using my PM card...

the_ed

Reaction score
for a citigold member, it is a very attractive card

The bonus miles are probably the most attractive feature. If you have already been in Citigold for 10 years, you could potentially get 1.82miles/$ for local general spend. If not, it may take 10 years to max out, but the meantime, you would get at least 1.61 from the first dollar which is more than the current 1.4 (for ANZ Visa) or 1.6 (UOB Amex).
For overseas general spend, it would range from 2.3 to 2.6 which beats just about all other cards (except ANZ Visa Infinite to my knowledge).

Last edited:

Boreal

Reaction score
For overseas general spend, it would range from 2.3 to 2.6 which beats just about all other cards (except ANZ Visa Infinite to my knowledge).

HSBC Visa Infinite has 2.5... with the right spending.

sleeping

Reaction score
Is the same as PM, and DBS Altitude (10k for $200).

Short answer, yes.

Take 192.6/10*25 = $481.5. By proportion, u r paying $54 more as compared to PM. This card is more expensive. Got additional priority pass? got free taxi ride? at least must mitigate those additional cost leh

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
Very long page on the T&Cs, looks like all travel benefits must be booked through MasterCard's official travel agency which is Carlson Wagonlit Travel. So basically all reservations etc must be through Citibank or something like that. This is a World Elite MasterCard.

You also earn $1/4miles when shopping at Club 21 boutiques which is same as Rewards card.

There is also Priority Pass as well.

Last edited:

Suleyman

Reaction score
Take 192.6/10*25 = $481.5. By proportion, u r paying $54 more as compared to PM. This card is more expensive. Got additional priority pass? got free taxi ride? at least must mitigate those additional cost leh

The original question was whether it was good value to pay $535 for the 25k miles. My point was that it was the same value (fine, maybe a little more ex) compared to the Premiermiles and DBS Altitude card. To be accurate, you are paying 1.926c per mile for PM and 2.14c per mile for Prestige card. So, yes, it is good value, where the miles are concerned.

Since you mentioned PP, Prestige Card comes with it as well and allows for 4 visits a year, better than the 2 offered by PM. PM does not include free taxi ride either.

lingua101

Reaction score
The original question was whether it was good value to pay $535 for the 25k miles. My point was that it was the same value (fine, maybe a little more ex) compared to the Premiermiles and DBS Altitude card. To be accurate, you are paying 1.926c per mile for PM and 2.14c per mile for Prestige card. So, yes, it is good value, where the miles are concerned.

Since you mentioned PP, Prestige Card comes with it as well and allows for 4 visits a year, better than the 2 offered by PM. PM does not include free taxi ride either.

So no free taxi ride? No fast track service?

So hsbc infinite better right

Suleyman

Reaction score
So no free taxi ride? No fast track service?

So hsbc infinite better right

No free taxi and no free fast track.

HSBC Visa Infinite have those free IF you charge $5k to the card per quarter. However, you are earning 1 mile/$, instead of 1.4 (or more) miles/$. So at 5k a quarter, you lugi 2k miles a quarter.

On the other hand, if you can consistently charge $75k a year to HSBC VI, you are earning 1.5 miles/$, so earning more miles. Unless you are a long time Citibank customer or Citigold customer and earning the 15% bonus, which makes the effective earning rate as 1.61 miles/$.

So, difficult to say which is strictly better, between the two cards. It depends on the cardholder.

Aleksandr

Master Member
Reaction score
Quite intriguied when I saw the ad in ST this morning, but just renewed my HSBC VI for$488 / 75,000 points so will probably pass...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.