M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION / NETWORKING SETUP / INFO / PROMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm... 100 mbps ethernet is very old tech liao. Do i really need to have a gigabit ethernet adaptor or powerful pc to achieve that speed??

I am using acer aspire happy 2 netbook.

anyway, that's one possibility. i will check that out. thanks.
Your Netbook is probably the bottleneck.

SkimMilk

Master Member
Reaction score
$39 - 100 Mbps
$41 - 150 Mbps
$49 - 200 Mbps
$51 - 250 Mbps

Got these figures last night when I recontracted my 100 Mbps. ONT change now waived as M1 is out to get back all RGs, so pls make sure u r not charged.

Upgrade to RT-N66U router price:
100 Mbps plan: topup $150
200 Mbps plan: topup $140

There's also a laptop bundle deal but I didn't check price n model.

For those who want to recontract: rule is u must b on your 23rd mth of contract (22 months 1 day).

AhWise

Reaction score
M1 Fibre Broadband IT Show Promo

M1 Fibre Broadband IT Show Promo

mobile_broadband.png

mobile2009

Reaction score
I have signed up m1 100 Mbps fibre for a few days. Let me just share some of my experience using the NEXT GENERATION BROADBAND.

Overall, the surfing and downloading are indeed faster than my old adsl 10Mbps. Else, the surfing of websites are not much differ from the 10 Mbps.

However, the little satisfaction that i gained from the above diminished from the problem that i had with the M1 fibre. In many occasions, i discovered that the speed of the connection slowed down to a crawl ( like i am still using the 64K dial in modem) . Many disconnections. This is really bad.

Hope M1 can improve on their service.

SkimMilk

Master Member
Reaction score
I have signed up m1 100 Mbps fibre for a few days. Let me just share some of my experience using the NEXT GENERATION BROADBAND.

Overall, the surfing and downloading are indeed faster than my old adsl 10Mbps. Else, the surfing of websites are not much differ from the 10 Mbps.

However, the little satisfaction that i gained from the above diminished from the problem that i had with the M1 fibre. In many occasions, i discovered that the speed of the connection slowed down to a crawl ( like i am still using the 64K dial in modem) . Many disconnections. This is really bad.

Hope M1 can improve on their service.

Hi mobile2009, most likely you have a DNS issue. try setting Google's DNS (8.8.8.8) as your primary DNS. I used to set this as my secondary, but after last week's problem, I've set it to my primary DNS and so far very smooth sailing. :)

mobile2009

Reaction score
i saw your post on the dns before and i had set my dns to google dns and open dns. still i am having connection issue.

anyway, for home use, not that critical. just disappointed with m1 service.

Hi mobile2009, most likely you have a DNS issue. try setting Google's DNS (8.8.8.8) as your primary DNS. I used to set this as my secondary, but after last week's problem, I've set it to my primary DNS and so far very smooth sailing. :)

wira

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
am staying at Bishan and on 200 Mbps plan. Recently realised my M1 speed is getting slower esp at night. Speedtest only about 40 Mbps

Am not even able to stream Hulu smoothly with buffering every 5 sec.

Anyone knows if i can raise this to M1 ?

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
am staying at Bishan and on 200 Mbps plan. Recently realised my M1 speed is getting slower esp at night. Speedtest only about 40 Mbps

Am not even able to stream Hulu smoothly with buffering every 5 sec.

Anyone knows if i can raise this to M1 ?
Yes, raise it up to them. Get them to follow up.

sg_ltech

Reaction score
hi all, i just bought ASUS AC66U, using my iphone4s running wifi speedtest besides the router, the max speed i got is 40mbps, is this normal?

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not use smartphones, tablets, netbooks to test wifi speed.

use a proper laptop or desktop wireless adapter put beside the wifi router to test...

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all, i just bought ASUS AC66U, using my iphone4s running wifi speedtest besides the router, the max speed i got is 40mbps, is this normal?
Yes, bottleneck is on the phone.

Use a laptop/PC to test it for more accurate results.

sg_ltech

Reaction score
For Sharing on M1 Fibre Broadband 100Mbps on 25th Feb 7:35pm now..

Setup
OpenNet TP > Asus RT66 > Homeplug HL115EP 500Mbps > Desktop PC

Jin sad, my setting is like this:
TP > Asus AC66U > TL-PA211kit > Desktop
My speed is still 50mbps, change to high end router also like that haiz, should I chg the homeplug to 500mbps?

mobile2009

Reaction score
bro, you should do the test in this way.

1. connect your desktop (laptop) directly to your ONT, with the ethernet cable
2. Do the speedtest.

If the speedtest gives good result, then your wireless adaptor , desktop is the one limiting the speed.

Jin sad, my setting is like this:
TP > Asus AC66U > TL-PA211kit > Desktop
My speed is still 50mbps, change to high end router also like that haiz, should I chg the homeplug to 500mbps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.