[NAS] Synology NAS owner club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulpix

Reaction score
Sounds like people have issues with all 3 distributors when it comes to servicing...

So far only got complaint on EA, I wouldn't trust something a new account made this month. He has posted about Memory World in most of his posts. That said, Singapore service is always this abysmal one. Nothing new.

mrkiasu

Reaction score
Quote first, wait for videopro boss to read this.

by the way, i met someone at the IT SHOW 2013 when i was at VIDEO PRO booth. Now i read the thread and know that they are under EA. He also told me that his set was faulty and send to EA and never hear from them for 1 month. Luckily i never buy from Video Pro. God send message.

deepblueKM

Reaction score

TopGun

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i've followed the guide on How to access my Synology DiskStation via Internet - Synology Inc. Network Attached Storage - NEW NAS Experience and Port Forwarding Synology DS213 on the Asus RT-N66U - PortForward.com.

but when i checked the ports from Open Port Check Tool, its not working.

i've setup a static ip for the NAS and used that to forward the ports.

have i done something wrong somewhere? any help is much appreciated!

Can you try forwarding the ports to your PC and see if the ports can be opened?

twitism

Reaction score
i've followed the guide on How to access my Synology DiskStation via Internet - Synology Inc. Network Attached Storage - NEW NAS Experience and Port Forwarding Synology DS213 on the Asus RT-N66U - PortForward.com.

but when i checked the ports from Open Port Check Tool, its not working.

i've setup a static ip for the NAS and used that to forward the ports.

have i done something wrong somewhere? any help is much appreciated!

i'm also facing the same problem.. trying to fix the issue for the past 2 nights! but still no solution...

now i wonder if it's my TP-link router? anyone using port forwarding with TP-link with success?

Aegis

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I already sent them email yesterday, I doubt they can do much since it's 99% a hardware problem.

guess u no choice HAVE to hoot a new NAS.

i'm also facing the same problem.. trying to fix the issue for the past 2 nights! but still no solution...

now i wonder if it's my TP-link router? anyone using port forwarding with TP-link with success?

are you using ez-internet to connect? can you even connect to your router using that?

Vulpix

Reaction score
guess u no choice HAVE to hoot a new NAS.

are you using ez-internet to connect? can you even connect to your router using that?

Out of warranty by 3 months, ended last year December, FML. :(

ykcin0

Reaction score
I also have issue on ports forward for 137, 138, 139, 445 TCP in my 2Wire RG.
Although I forwarded these ports in my RG, the test failed when I did a connection test in the DiskStation -> Control Panel -> Router Configuration in the created firewall rule for Windows File Server.
Is there something wrong with my 212j?

twitism

Reaction score

i tried ez-internet and manual. both ways i still can connect to my router. but the ports seems to remain closed as from canyouseeme.org

i also tried restarting everything.. still cannot..

vernon_wmk

Reaction score
Thinking of replacing an existing ds410j and sms-ed ace this morning about the ds412+ but till now no reply from them. Hopefully this is not an indication of their service reponsiveness.

Anyway to vulpix, my ds410j had issues with the sata port previously and memory world took care of it in 2 weeks. Hopefully you will enjoy a similar or better experience now.

Vulpix

Reaction score
Thinking of replacing an existing ds410j and sms-ed ace this morning about the ds412+ but till now no reply from them. Hopefully this is not an indication of their service reponsiveness.

Anyway to vulpix, my ds410j had issues with the sata port previously and memory world took care of it in 2 weeks. Hopefully you will enjoy a similar or better experience now.

Call them lah. Their office very responsive one. I am guessing the hamphone is one of those company phones they only use in certain times. Anyway I also hoping can repair the 411j so I can sell it off with a peace of mind. Just ordered the 412+... :(

Aegis

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems like WOL over Internet is a very tricky thing.

Is this used to shut down the NAS remotely? Any other way to do that? I have a buffalo router flashed with dd-wrt I think it does support WOL, just need to mess with the settings. Would it nice if I can shut or power up if I need to.

Call them lah. Their office very responsive one. I am guessing the phone is one of those company phones they only use in certain times. Anyway I also hoping can repair the 411j so I can sell it off with a peace of mind. Just ordered the 412+... :(

Nice! When you taking stock? The most poisonous poison is self poisoning, trying to justify your purchase. :s13::vijayadmin:

Vulpix

Reaction score
Is this used to shut down the NAS remotely? Any other way to do that? I have a buffalo router flashed with dd-wrt I think it does support WOL, just need to mess with the settings. Would it nice if I can shut or power up if I need to.

Nice! When you taking stock? The most poisonous poison is self poisoning, trying to justify your purchase. :s13::vijayadmin:

Shutting down a NAS remotely is easy lah. It's the waking up part that is super tricky, because your NAS is not awake. Shutting down is super easy.

They delivering to my place next week. :s13: Die lah, really is eat grass liao. I still want to get my 411j repaired, it's still in fantastic condition. I don't believe replace one connector board going to cost me the price of a brand new NAS, specially when diagnostic of the mainboard (most expensive part) is 100% ok.

Aegis

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
okie thanks, i thought that app only useful if on the lan. didn't know can use via internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.