Recommend protein powder

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, im looking at the best protein powder to gain lean muscle...and also wondering if this shakes can help loose weight

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
icic was considering that for later stage im currently considering muscle milk any other recommendations

Elliden

Reaction score
Where are you getting them from? If bb.com, i recommend trutein, giant sports or cellucor whey.

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where are you getting them from? If bb.com, i recommend trutein, giant sports or cellucor whey.

planning get from sg store particularly able to get tmr...thinking of going nuitrition park or the supplement warehouse any other place to recommend?

Didjerama

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, im looking at the best protein powder to gain lean muscle...and also wondering if this shakes can help loose weight

Shakes aint going to make u lose weight.dieting will.

Not taken properly,shakes can make u gain weight

sazuro

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you can spare the cash, get Magnum Quattro. Protein isolates, calorie count is somewhat low as well.

But as the above poster said, dieting will determine if you lose weight. And increasing protein intake should increase lean muscle mass through protein systhesis, provided you are training consistently.

sakratulmauts

Reaction score
Bro ah you wanna gain weight or lose weight ?
If lose weight cardio will do
If gain weight protein creatine plus food .......

My comment will kena flame one .....

Bel.SG

Reaction score
Lol recommending cardio over dieting..
oh wait.. maybe we all misread..

"If lose weight cardio will do
If gain weight protein creatine plus food ......."

just do cardio and starve sure lose weight de!

jokerk

Master Member
Reaction score
i think what you want is to lose fat, not lose weight.

you can still look terrible if you lose weight.

sazuro

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro ah you wanna gain weight or lose weight ?
If lose weight cardio will do
If gain weight protein creatine plus food .......

My comment will kena flame one .....

At least you know it was stupid advice.

Calories in Vs Calories out.

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha yes im planning to lose fat and gain muscle mass.....after much consideration i plan on the gain muscle then lose fat route because it would be easier for me to do exercises without struggling...in army now so exercise is pretty much everywhere....diet wise now i only eat meat at cookhouse....in between meals when hungry i eat peanuts and drink more water....

wasupcutler

Reaction score
Protein powder are more or less the same. Go for the common brands. But like what some of them said, diet is very important. Cheers.

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for the input guys after much reading i came up with this plan but wondering if it makes sense....

creatine before workout
protein isolate post workout
before sleep caesin....

if it works i would add in a protein+oat breakfast

sazuro

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't waste your money on casein. You're not a competitive bodybuilder, and even if you are it's not worth the money.

Just add some fat to your protein shake and it already slows down the digestion. I could on and on about insulin and GLUT4 etc but lets not get boring shall we.

Get some coconut oil. Saturated fat is acceptable, heck it's even needed for brain function and testosterone boosting.

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't waste your money on casein. You're not a competitive bodybuilder, and even if you are it's not worth the money.

Just add some fat to your protein shake and it already slows down the digestion. I could on and on about insulin and GLUT4 etc but lets not get boring shall we.

Get some coconut oil. Saturated fat is acceptable, heck it's even needed for brain function and testosterone boosting.
sweet advice....erm so the creatine and protein isolate is good to go?? any brands to recommend? currently considering ast vp2 and
All American EFX Kre-Alkalyn EFX or do u recommend those mixed protein types

sazuro

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sweet advice....erm so the creatine and protein isolate is good to go?? any brands to recommend? currently considering ast vp2 and
All American EFX Kre-Alkalyn EFX or do u recommend those mixed protein types

There isn't a "specific" time to take creatine. Can be taken in the morning. Can be taken pre workout. Post workout. I take mine during, just preference. Once you reach creatine saturation, just consume 3-4g every few days to maintain saturation.

Kre-Alkalyn has a higher rate of conversion from creatine to creatinine. Avoid that crap. Get some creapure creatine Monohydrate. Then you can slowly evolve into the designer creatines like MCC and Nitrates.

Protein wise. Get blends. I'll post a few links later, on my mobile now.

For your coconut oil, get from iherb.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.