I did not subscribe but I have been charged $6/week

imacbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this is sh*t..

just received bills and saw an xtra 50 bucks charged.
then remembered dad mentioning he received some 77177 smses regarding some $10 subscription per week thing. ...
immediately sms back 77177 to unsubscribe..

lets see what happen next month.
冤枉 money spent

ERT

Reaction score
Mobile Fusion fined S$10,000 by IDA over mobile user's subscription woes
Mobile Fusion failed to let customer unsubscribe from download service

Mobile content provider Mobile Fusion was fined $10,000 for not letting a customer unsubscribe from its games, ringtones and wallpaper download service.

Its claim that the problem was linked to number portability is believed to be the first in such disputes.

Portability allows one to switch networks and yet retain the mobile number.

A customer, who had apparently switched telcos, wanted to cancel the download subscription but failed four times to do so.

He complained last year to industry regulator Infocomms Development Authority (IDA). It found Mobile Fusion had contravened the Premium Rate Services Code which states that customers must be able to cancel services at all times.

It said recently that it rejected the firm's claim that number portability had caused the problem and imposed a $10,000 fine.

Said the IDA: 'Cross porting from a pre-paid to a post-paid mobile number across operators was not technically possible at the relevant time.'

Mobile Fusion said the customer was wrongly identified as a SingTel Mobile prepaid user though he had ported his number over to M1 as a post-paid customer when he switched telcos.

Mobile Fusion said its system was programmed under the three telcos' instructions not to entertain any request - be it for subscription or unsubscription - from pre-paid mobile numbers.

The service in question - Mobile Fun Club - offers games, ringtones and wallpaper for $3 a download. Subscribers who pay a weekly fee of $5 pay 50 cents per download. To unsubscribe, they have to send a text message 'MFC STOP'.

The complainant was not taken off the service despite sending the message four times. The firm explained that the system which handles unsubscription is separate from that which manages subscription.

Its subscription system was able to rightly identify the customer as an M1 post-paid mobile-phone user but the system handling unsubscription requests was not able to.

IDA has not made cross-porting between prepaid and postpaid plans mandatory for mobile operators due to the high cost of running the service and low demand for it.

A check with the three telcos confirms that cross-porting is not practised across telcos here. In other words, someone on a prepaid plan cannot retain the same number when he switches to a post-paid plan with another telco.

Early last year, Mobile Fusion was also fined $10,000 for misleading consumers with online and SMS advertisements promoting free game downloads.

In 2008, it was fined $5,000 for sending unsolicited advertising text messages. It charged some 18,280 mobile-phone users 88 cents for each message.

Last March, the IDA introduced stiffer penalties for companies that send unsolicited premium-rate text messages.

The penalties for first-time offenders was increased to up to $10,000, and up to $100,000 for the second offence.

Third-time offenders may have their licences suspended for at least six months. Further infringements could lead to longer suspensions and licence cancellation.

From February this year, consumers have also been able to bar unsolicited premium-rate text messages. The free opt-in service managed by the telcos is made possible by assigning prefix codes to these messages, which signal to users just what they are and make it easier for telcos to bar them.

mchandra11

Reaction score
My daughter recently kena scam. The details are:

Service Provider: AT-Bmobile
Description: Bmobile Services
For enquiry, please call Service Provider: 31583554.

Call 31583554 but never get through (what do you expect from scammers?)

Call SingTel and thank God, they waive the bill.
SingTel also ask me to key in *25625 <send> following by 1 <send>
to bar the Premium SMS Service (PRS).

For more details, please refer to www-singtel-com/prsbarring

Please replace "-" with "." (I am not allowed to post URL).

Regards,

pucca head

Reaction score

Regards,

lucky u, I got this too but Singtel not willing to waive after I called. :mad:

bytesize

Reaction score
Hi all. Was googling and found this thread so I hoped to find some advice.

My dad's on a M1 3G ValueSurf+ plan signed on few months only when he purchased the Galaxy SIII. And today I came across the bill with an entry under Value Added Services:

I-Pop Networks - i-POP Premium Mobile Services (Tel: 62366828) $20.00
Mobile Fusion - Fusion Services (Tel: 62951130) $130.00

Frankly for old man who even have trouble writing English sentences and speaks only basic English, I found it strange for him to subscribe to these services. From what I know, Mobile Fusion provider deals on web chats, phone chats, wallpaper/ringtone or something of similar nature. The other though I have no idea. I browsed through the phone but could not find any newly downloaded content, be it ringtones, wallpapers or whatever games. Even no SMSes that stated any subscription of any sort, something like "type unsub and send to 0009".

Planning to either call telco or the service provider and get them to terminate accordingly + waive (50-50% chance possible I think).

Hence, my posting here is to find out, any of you guys had came across such things in your bills ? And how do you deal with them ?

membala

Reaction score

Regards,

I also received this on my January bill. Starhub CSO also can't do anything for this and i did call the number too. But no person answer my call!!! Plan not to pay this extra 12 bucks. >“<

sanjiko

Master Member
Reaction score
wtf IDA still yet resolve this matter ?
Well im the new victim....
Bo tai bo ji kena $48 wtf

oakley_870

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i also got charged,... $18 this month... 5th time of the month.

Starhub CSO refuse to answer me.

last month after i asked them to check why this cannot be blocked, their "Manager" dropped my call.

so now.. who is this Bmobile Pte Ltd.. we should sexpose this fellow.

Martel

Reaction score
WTF IDA doing ?
Well i'm the new victim....
kena $70 wtf from Starhub **BOB Services 32 Mobile Fusion Pte Ltd - 62951130** why such company can register in Singapore ? Why so many victim already happen why all the Telecom Company still allow it to happen ? They have commission ?

jteng01

Reaction score
AT-Bmobile

This is a crook's company. You are fortunate to have been charge $6/week. My girl was charged $12 per week. The number that they posted there is unreachable.
I complaint to Singtel, and the reply from the company was that she has un-wittly subscribed to their sevice to have the chance to win a ipad prize. The company even challenged me to complain to IDA as they claimed to have the rights to charge.
In any case, I am going to compalin to IDA.

Mycrus

Reaction score
my daughter's bill came in with this kind of shenanigans as well.

i've called starhub and i told them i don't mind paying the current bill - but all "premium services" charges should be blocked and stopped.

the customer service rep guaranteed that it will be blocked and nothing will come in the future.

this is a scam plain and simple... i hope local laws will shift to an "opt-in" instead of kena chop first then block later approach...

Plastick

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah CCB..... my father's bill kana $26 for this i-pop networks premium mobile services (tel: 62366828) - 13 access.

Reaction score
Received my latest bill with an extra charge for premium service by I-Pop Networks Pte Ltd. Call them up and they claimed I have subscribed to their service. Stupid scam and indeed a fraud... Just my luck... Have lodged a complaint to IDA. Pls do something to stop all these nonsenses. Simply PISSED OFF!!!
Why should we be paying for things that we did not subscribe...

krisflyermiles

Reaction score
How do I cancel this thing? Call iPop or M1?

Bro/Sis,

If you are a victim of I-POP.

Please complain to IDA immediately for them to take action against this cheesepie I POP

=============================

Im under GREEN.

When i saw the bill, I immediately call GREEN to complain about this
I-POP, GREEN CSO (sound like pino kio) like shiit, push away all responsibility ........... saying bla bla bla that they are 3rd party company. They cant do anything and ask me to contact them directly.

I wrote in to Info@ida.gov.sg and they acknowledge that they will check with GREEN. Within 3days, GREEN sms me and says the amount will be waive on my next billing.

Now 360 degree turn, dont know whether IDA blasted them or GREEN woke up from their Fxxxking idea.

Anyway, happy ending!

My Salute to IDA (if you are the one that show them who is the boss)..........you are my saviour

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.