Anyone been to Myanmar?

blue_thunder

Reaction score
Mainly sightseeing , eco tourism. But i suggest from June to Oct is not a good time to travel. Moonsoon season in Myanmar. Dec to Feb is the best.

wuso

Reaction score
Of course there's lots to see and do, but whether it interests you is another matter
The people, the cultures, the temples & pagodas (lots of it), these are the highlights for me.

bugmenot45

Reaction score
Of course there's lots to see and do, but whether it interests you is another matter
The people, the cultures, the temples & pagodas (lots of it), these are the highlights for me.

youve been there? tour group or f&e?
can share itinerary?

Hisashiburi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need to get a visa which lasts for 90 days so u don't want to get it too far out.

People there are very nice and tons of pagodas.
Beaches look very nice without all the commercialization.

The place still lacks infrastructure but they are getting there.
Changes are already coming in fast.

The Chinese Myanmar girls are hot! Haha
Some of them look really good.
Saw a couple which I would have thought were Korean movie stars.

Definitely recommend Myanmar.

wuso

Reaction score
youve been there? tour group or f&e?
can share itinerary?
I just came back from backpacking trip last year 25/11 - 16/12

Like the prev poster said, changes are happening fast and many many tourists are rushing into the barely coping infrastructure.

I did the usual circuit with further trips north but I didn't goto the beaches.... not a beach person :)

Yangon - Inle Lake - Mandalay - Hsipaw - Bagan - Kyaiktiyo - Yangon

If you are into landscape photography, Bagan's light is incredible. If you are into portraits, the whole country is incredible :)
My photo gallery is here :
Myanmar 2012

And I've shared some portraits in clubsnap here :
Faces of Myanmar

As the prev poster said, definitely recommend Myanmar :)

tiowher

Reaction score
I guess eco tourism and also to experience the uniqueness of such a country... very surreal.
The culture is unique and special. Food is also special, most of the food is mushy version of our zhap chai pung. Although I went to a Singapore restaurant one of the days. I spent a day around Shwedagon Pagoda. The floors around there is stained with beetle nut reddish ink (from the SPITS) ...

We stayed at Thamada Hotel (yes sound funny like Ta Ma De) :s13:

excalibur324

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just came back from myanmar. did the classic route of yangon bagan mandalay kalaw lake inle.

BobyC24

Reaction score
just came back from myanmar. did the classic route of yangon bagan mandalay kalaw lake inle.

I did the same 2 years ago. Fantastic. One of my best trip so far in Asia with Sri Lanka.

If you want to avoid the crowd, it's time to go coz the countryu is opening very fast now.

Hopefully, the areas that were restricted in the past will open as well. So much to see there...

excalibur324

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i would say 12days depending on ur style of travel. from kalaw to inle lake u can do a 3d2n trek. tt will lengthen your stay abit.

jaslyncealim

Reaction score
Myanmar has lots of Buddhist temples and pagodas that are astonishing. One should see the Kyaiktiyo Pagoda also known as Golden Rock - it is a huge boulder completely covered by gold leaf and delicately balanced on the edge of a cliff. Another sacred Buddhist structure to see is the Shwedagon Pagoda ( Great Dagon Pagoda and the Golden Pagoda).

You may pictures here:
C & E Holidays - Myanmar

excalibur324

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Myanmar has lots of Buddhist temples and pagodas that are astonishing. One should see the Kyaiktiyo Pagoda also known as Golden Rock - it is a huge boulder completely covered by gold leaf and delicately balanced on the edge of a cliff. Another sacred Buddhist structure to see is the Shwedagon Pagoda ( Great Dagon Pagoda and the Golden Pagoda).

You may pictures here:
C & E Holidays - Myanmar
this golden rock very out of the way actually. btw, your package no cheap wor

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
time to bump up this thread again.

Im planning a short trip during the Vesak public holiday. 23rd to 28th May enough to cover Myanmar and Lao (Plains of Jars)?

beanstalk6

Reaction score
5 days, 1 country and 1 place with no direct flights in another country. Ambitious.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Better. Otherwise you have to fly Yangon-Vientiane-Phonsavan. How frequent are these flights, you can see.
For Myanmar, traveling time by road is long. Try to fly if you are going to visit more than Yangon, for instance, Mandalay or Bagan.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.