UOB Preferred Platinum Visa Card

*OMFG*

Reaction score
would this work for online purchase of software license? costing around 3k

dbs woman would be max 2k

nicholaslee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
FYI, those who drink Starbucks. With minimum $5 purchase, you can pay with paywave and get $1 discount.

The cashier should be able to split payments for you if you wish.

goenitz33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
FYI, those who drink Starbucks. With minimum $5 purchase, you can pay with paywave and get $1 discount.

Citibank is better in this aspect

Clear card gets 5 x points

$1 off for paywave & above $5 purchase

10% Citi Rebates for your spending amount

:D

pokeflute

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Be careful with UOB transactions of small amounts as they give u UNI$ for every S$5 charged. 100 transactions of S$4.99 each = 0 UNI$ at the end of the day.

They award based on each transaction and not total bill amount. Very sneaky unlike Citibank which rewards u by each $ and DBS points by each $5 but combined into statement total.

Having said the above, I'm also a user of PP Amex and Visa. Luckily I chose VISA instead of mastercard at the start when this account was launched and now converted the PP Visa into the new VISA so I don't have a spare mastercard lying around and waiting for annual fee waiver.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Be careful with UOB transactions of small amounts as they give u UNI$ for every S$5 charged. 100 transactions of S$4.99 each = 0 UNI$ at the end of the day.

They award based on each transaction and not total bill amount. Very sneaky unlike Citibank which rewards u by each $ and DBS points by each $5 but combined into statement total.

Having said the above, I'm also a user of PP Amex and Visa. Luckily I chose VISA instead of mastercard at the start when this account was launched and now converted the PP Visa into the new VISA so I don't have a spare mastercard lying around and waiting for annual fee waiver.

Now i got 4 cards coming from UOB, Amex virtual pay, PP amex, mastercard, visa....

The_Davis

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

manhattan world card got 1 for 1 (any beverage:) @ spinelli :D

nicholaslee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Citibank is better in this aspect

Clear card gets 5 x points

$1 off for paywave & above $5 purchase

10% Citi Rebates for your spending amount

:D

I not high spender.. Cant spread my points too wide. Done with my citibank rewards card. Now focusing all on uob and dbs alittude as last resort.:)

manhattan world card got 1 for 1 (any beverage:) @ spinelli :D

Dont drink spinelli =:p

goenitz33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I not high spender.. Cant spread my points too wide. Done with my citibank rewards card. Now focusing all on uob and dbs alittude as last resort.:)

Dont drink spinelli =:p

Citibank points can be combined too ^^

just request :p

micromousez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone calculated roughly how much is the cashback in term of % for the points you earn?

takashi

Reaction score
anyone calculated roughly how much is the cashback in term of % for the points you earn?

Mostly 2.8% ~ 3%, for example S$10 NTUC voucher for 700 points. if all the UNI$ were earned at 10x merchants, you need to spend S$350 to get it. Actual conversion will be less because you don't always pay in multiples of $5.

micromousez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mostly 2.8% ~ 3%, for example S$10 NTUC voucher for 700 points. if all the UNI$ were earned at 10x merchants, you need to spend S$350 to get it. Actual conversion will be less because you don't always pay in multiples of $5.

Thank you.
How about for normal transaction?

Expert

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just received a call from uob ask me to take up this card.. :s22:

Just in time for those upcoming movies! I reckon cathay gonna have alot of fullhouse halls.. :s13:

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.