UOB Preferred Platinum Visa Card

takashi

Reaction score
Thank you.
How about for normal transaction?

In cases you don't get 10x UNI$ the equivalent rebate rate will be 1/10 of the 2.8~3% i.e. 0.3% which is negligible in my opinion... So don't use this card for non-paywave or non-listed online merchant.

justmelah

Reaction score
Called them

Seem that they still blur about the 'online' thing.

Asked them about Paypal, and digital VISA swipers.

Haven't got my bill yet, but 2 weeks of online/Paypal shown 9k UNI at rewards link with about 5k spent so far

Good enough I remembered emptying my UNI prior to CNY for those new moon abalones. ;)

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Called them

Seem that they still blur about the 'online' thing.

Asked them about Paypal, and digital VISA swipers.

Haven't got my bill yet, but 2 weeks of online/Paypal shown 9k UNI at rewards link with about 5k spent so far

Good enough I remembered emptying my UNI prior to CNY for those new moon abalones. ;)

So where did you spent the 5k? Its quite vague regarding what is not acceptable for 10x, need to explore.

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
So where did you spent the 5k? Its quite vague regarding what is not acceptable for 10x, need to explore.

T&Cs did mention hotel and flight booking and travel agency does not count towards the 10x. But you're right, not every "online" transaction maybe counted as 10x.

We can start a list for those who have tested. I'm trying to see if ezlink top & tap can earn 10x. If can, will use this card instead of DBS Woman's since UOB points expire 1 year more than DBS and bonus points credited immediately as compared to DBS Woman's 16th of following month.. That will make tracking of points easier.

justmelah

Reaction score

PAYPAL offsite
PAYPAL onsite
1 UK internet VISA swiper
US digital VISA (by phone)
AMAZON
Facebook

Now I limited this card for these so called online payments. Then wait till the bill come then see how. No online ID/Password to see. But funny Paypal didn't impose 500.00 limited for unconfirmed card for this card.

Dunno want to pay my M1 bill online to test water or not... should be restricted under utilities

the_ed

Reaction score
For those who are using this card to shop at Giant, please note you will not earn UNI$, but SMART$, even when you use Paywave (10x UNI$).
UOB CSO says it is a major slip up on their part to show Giant (and also Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf) as UNI$ merchants because they will only give SMART$, and that there is nothing we can do to change that.
I think it is false advertising. Well, learnt the hard way after receiving the statement and clarifying with them.

takashi

Reaction score
For those who are using this card to shop at Giant, please note you will not earn UNI$, but SMART$, even when you use Paywave (10x UNI$).
UOB CSO says it is a major slip up on their part to show Giant (and also Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf) as UNI$ merchants because they will only give SMART$, and that there is nothing we can do to change that.
I think it is false advertising. Well, learnt the hard way after receiving the statement and clarifying with them.

Ohh thank you that's very useful info. Yes be careful we don't get UNI$ whenever there is SMART$.

the_ed

Reaction score
Ohh thank you that's very useful info. Yes be careful we don't get UNI$ whenever there is SMART$.

The funny thing is that the web site now does not even show Giant as a SMART$ participant. Very contradictory to reality.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Coffee bean and tea leaf is 10% SMART rebate, i am certain that i do not want UNI for that. Anyway i have been using UOB One for that.

Suleyman

Reaction score

For CBTL, if you want to earn 4 miles/$, use the Pref Amex card. That is not a SMART$ earning card.

Jetzie

Reaction score
just got this card, which is actually a better card to use? UOB preferred plattinum or UOB One?

IntelFlash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Amazon is not in the 10x UNI?

Cannot be right? Every tom dick harry also know amazon is a website

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to update. Paid to taobao got 10x, paid to freight forwarder coy using paypal got 10x. I believe as long as you use paypal, 10x is confirmed. :s12:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.