Current Ticket promotion to Seoul

iminalost

Reaction score
haha i bought malaysia airline's promo tickets. but nw the price of scoot kind of tempts me to buy :s22:c how low it gets first.

socrates

Reaction score
How do you book open jaw on China Eastern? direct from their website?Do you book a 1 way ticket to seoul and another 1 way ticket from Jeju?

g_t2006

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How do you book open jaw on China Eastern? direct from their website?Do you book a 1 way ticket to seoul and another 1 way ticket from Jeju?

Can be done. Location select China then English. Or use the China Eastern HK site.

acetylcholine

Master Member
Reaction score
Scoot at 188 sales start at 9am today

$188 one way does not sound attractive at all, given that it is not a direct flight. After including check-in baggage, I believe it will cost more than $400. Rather pay more to fly full service, especially when prices for stopover flights are quite competitive nowadays. :s8:

iminalost

Reaction score
$188 one way does not sound attractive at all, given that it is not a direct flight. After including check-in baggage, I believe it will cost more than $400. Rather pay more to fly full service, especially when prices for stopover flights are quite competitive nowadays. :s8:

yea. i just checked. it's gonna cost at least $436 to check in 15kg luggage as well. i bought at $546.8 for malaysia airlines. now i feel better bcoz I pay only $100 more for comfort,food,entertainment and luggage 30kg. at first i felt pity that i bought too fast, thinking that scoot promo price 200+ is for 2ways like sydney's one. guess their promotion is a real catch applies to direct flights only.

acetylcholine

Master Member
Reaction score
yea. i just checked. it's gonna cost at least $436 to check in 15kg luggage as well. i bought at $546.8 for malaysia airlines. now i feel better bcoz I pay only $100 more for comfort,food,entertainment and luggage 30kg. at first i felt pity that i bought too fast, thinking that scoot promo price 200+ is for 2ways like sydney's one. guess their promotion is a real catch applies to direct flights only.

Exactly. In fact, if time is not an issue, there are many other full service airlines which have longer stopovers but are offering very competitive prices too. Seems like their launch to ICN is going to fall flat again, just like their launch to NRT. :s13:

leogeo

Master Member
Reaction score
their launch to all were a disappointment, with the exception of BKK and Gold Caost/SYD

now, those were what we called steals!

this SIN-ICN-SIN on scoot, is it a non-stop flight?

leogeo

Master Member
Reaction score
i think its $494 for seat, 15kg baggage and meal.

which is not v competitive given that MH, China Eastern are offering flights at about $500 with 20-30kg luggage and meals on board.

leogeo

Master Member
Reaction score
No, one stop at Taipei. :s13:
pathetic.

might as well fly MH le. better timing, more comfy seats and got hot meals.

they so scared they can't fill the seats direct from SIN-ICN meh. must rely on TPE traffic as well. sigh.

continuum

Reaction score
Remember to also factor in travel insurance if you are travelling on a budget airline, ESPECIALLY on Scoot!

iminalost

Reaction score
pathetic.

might as well fly MH le. better timing, more comfy seats and got hot meals.

they so scared they can't fill the seats direct from SIN-ICN meh. must rely on TPE traffic as well. sigh.

lol yar! the only con is my flight back to sg need wait at KL for 3hrs :( i read it somewhere that korea's government only allow a certain number of slots for flights coming from singapore. Apparently, SQ max out the slots, that's y over the years, no sg budget air fly to korea. At scoot booking site, it's stated subject to regulatory approval. lol later it might face the same situation like qingtao,shengyang side.

limyannyun

Reaction score
Any idea if there will be promotion from SIA & Korean Air to Seoul from traveling out during the month of September 2013?

g_t2006

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think its $494 for seat, 15kg baggage and meal.

which is not v competitive given that MH, China Eastern are offering flights at about $500 with 20-30kg luggage and meals on board.

$460 all in on China Eastern recently (got back last week). And I don't have to go back to Seoul to take the return flight. China Eastern flies to quite a number of South Korean cities. So can arrive in Seoul depart from Busan, arrive in Busan depart from Jeju, etc.

And Shanghai is one of my favorite cities so I'm always happy to have a stopover!

socrates

Reaction score
China Eastern looks good. Does China Eastern stopover allow you to stay in Shanghai for a few days before return flight to Singapore?

g_t2006

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
China Eastern looks good. Does China Eastern stopover allow you to stay in Shanghai for a few days before return flight to Singapore?

Yes. But you can't book that on the China Eastern website. Can book thru Zuji and the travel agents.

Last edited:

leogeo

Master Member
Reaction score
prob have a surcharge for stopover right?

if not the regular transit time can be quite long, no?

g_t2006

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
prob have a surcharge for stopover right?

if not the regular transit time can be quite long, no?

No, no surcharge. The frequency of flights between Singapore and Shanghai, Shanghai and Seoul are quite good. There are flights between Shanghai and Busan and, Shanghai and Jeju, so these are good alternatives too.

The transit time is between 2 to 3 hours depending on how you mix and match the flights. Transit time can be 8 to 10 hours in which you can take a day trip to the city (Shanghai).

There's free wifi at Pudong.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.