Widespread SD Card issue with Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note 2

St00ky

Banned
Reaction score
i have problems with Sandisk on my S3. then switch to samsung class10 32gb since november last year. no issues so far

Last edited:

touchme

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Killed my Transcend 32GB too, half yr ago, but that's on note1.

ProGamer84

Banned
Reaction score
By the way i am using Sandisk 64gb class 10 and its Android version, until got now problem.. I used since N2 out.

How come u guys keep on facing so much problem?

p0is0n

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My gf's mum note 2 memory card also corrupted. Used on htc phone before no problem. Gotta reformat. Jialat sia

bberry

Reaction score
By the way i am using Sandisk 64gb class 10 and its Android version, until got now problem.. I used since N2 out.

How come u guys keep on facing so much problem?

wa lao eh, count your blessing lor.

you want to have the same problems as others meh ... siao eh

dakeda

Reaction score
If I recall correctly, my S3 lte SD Card problem popped up after the latest FW update to 4.1.2. Although there were many discussions over the internet that Sandisk is the culprit, the problem could also be caused by the FW upgrade.

So, may be we can put some details here to have a better understanding of the issue. I start first:

Model: S3 LTE
FW: 4.1.2
Card: Sandisk 32GB Class 10
Time SD Card used: 6 months

Last edited:

marvinz911

Reaction score
My gf's mum note 2 memory card also corrupted. Used on htc phone before no problem. Gotta reformat. Jialat sia

well at least corrupted is better then totally fried. corrupted u still can try to savage the data inside using external program. mine cannot even be read by any devices sian......

marvinz911

Reaction score
If I recall correctly, my S3 lte SD Card problem popped up after the latest FW update to 4.1.2. Although there were many discussions over the internet that Sandisk is the culprit, the problem could also be caused by the FW upgrade.

So, may be we can put some details here to have a better understanding of the issue. I start first:

Model: S3 LTE
Card: Sandisk 32GB Class 10
Time SD Card used: 6 months

Yeah mine happed after the second 4.1.2 fireware update for note 2 if im not wrong.

Model: N7105
Card: memento 32GB Class 6
Time SD Card used: 5 months
Build Number:JZO54K.N7105XXDMB3

AragakiLove95

Reaction score
Mine 4.1.1 also got this problem :(
Model i9300
Card: SanDisk 32GB CLASS 4
Time SD card used: 6 months

chong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The class 10 Sandisk 64GB microSD cards are known to be unreliable. I can vouch for it as I went through 3 dead cards from June-Sep 2012 before getting one that is working fine till today. All the cards died in card readers, 2 while being formatted, 1 while copying files.

My S3 has gone through multiple firmware updates and is at the latest MB5 now. The 4th card working fine in it since Sep 2012.

punkdrommar

Reaction score
I've been using the SD card without any issue, until recently after updating firmware to 4.1.2 from 4.1.1. I believe it's caused by Samsung's fw, since I don't have problem with a 64GB CLASS 10 on my tablet.

Model: S3 I9300
Card: SanDisk 32GB CLASS 10
Time SD card used: 3 months

dl

Reaction score
My S3 + Sandisk Class 10 64GB was working fine for 6+ months, then all of a sudden the phone died in January, and they replaced the motherboard. When it was fixed, I was told that it could be due to the 64GB card I was using...
And to add insult to the injury, the new motherboard reported that my SD card was corrupted, and had to be formatted...

Anyway, other than 2 cracked screens, the new motherboard and 64GB card have been working fine for the past 2+ months (fingers crossed)

Gixxer1000

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got this problem too but is with Kingston card.
I can still see the data inside the card but unable to open the file.

Cryogenist

Reaction score
I fried my first Sandisk Ultra 32Gb with S3 and got it RMA.

The new one I got is currently working but seems like it's on the way to being fried again..

I gonna get Samsung sd card is the second one get fried..

xgwei

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my wife's s3 also destroyed my sandisk 32GB sd card... in all my life using sd card, this is the first time i encounter such problem. i mean a portable hard disk is easier to spoil than a sd card right... wtf is samsung doing...

anyway how to rma the faulty sd card? i lost the recepit n wrapping for the card... thanks

darknez

Master Member
Reaction score
I've used a 64gb card since it first appeared and changed to a class 10 version in November 2012, they haven't displayed any issue at all. I've used 64gb micro sd with note, s3 and note2

eatcarrotcake

Reaction score
I've used a 64gb card since it first appeared and changed to a class 10 version in November 2012, they haven't displayed any issue at all. I've used 64gb micro sd with note, s3 and note2

I also got no issues since November until a few weeks ago

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.