Asus N56U Singtel Presets

PureLife

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

If I configure my router to this config.

Internet VID 10 PRIO 0
IPTV (LAN port 4) VID 20 PRIO 4 ---> 1st Set Top Box
VoIP (LAN port 3) VID 20 PRIO 4 ---> 2nd Set Top Box

will it work for both set top box?

Because I'm not using the mio voice at home at all.

Thanks!

ngbc

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

If I configure my router to this config.

Internet VID 10 PRIO 0
IPTV (LAN port 4) VID 20 PRIO 4 ---> 1st Set Top Box
VoIP (LAN port 3) VID 20 PRIO 4 ---> 2nd Set Top Box

will it work for both set top box?

Because I'm not using the mio voice at home at all.

Thanks!

Hope the following quote answer your query :

Right now I am wondering can i do the following

ONT (Mio voice now on ONT)
|
ASUS RT 56/66U
|
Port 1 -> Internet
Port 2 -> Internet
Port 3 -> Mio TV
Port 4 -> Mio TV

Any one can advise?

Nope, you can't

Conflicting VLAN subnet even you are on manual settings, correct me if i'm wrong

That means i still need to use port 4 with a switch?

Yes if you have 2 MIO STB :D

However, you may change the Select ISP Profile to "manual" , then filled in the vlan id as per your own post and verify...

Last edited:

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
SingTel Fiber 2x MIO TV Users

Exciting updates for SingTel Fiber 2x MIO TV users using ASUS Black Diamond Routers. It's possible to configure your VLAN to allow LAN port 3 and 4 to hook up 2x MIO TV STB via a beta firmware update

ONT (MIO Voice now on ONT)
|
ASUS RT-56/RT-N66U/RT-AC66U
|
Port 1 -> Internet
Port 2 -> Internet
Port 3 -> Mio TV
Port 4 -> Mio TV

ASUS RT-56U
~ not released yet
ASUS RT-N66U ~ refer to this thread post and download link
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/74758523-post980.html
ASUS RT-AC66U ~ not released yet

I will report when i have more updates

kangie

Reaction score
hi guys,

just bought a N66U and chose the MioTV preset with Mio TV on port 4.

ONT > N66U

MioTV flickers here and there. anyone experiencing this?

Anything i should take note of or do?

appreciate any advice..

cheers!

crewcutboy

Reaction score
can someone please advise me as to whether this set up will work?

ONT -> Pace

Pace Port 4 -> Switch

Switch Port 1-> N56U in Wireless AP mode
Switch Port 2 -> Mio TV

Reason I want to do this is because my FTP is in the bedroom where I have a computer. I want the Pace router to provide wired connection to the computer.

I have just one single ethernet connection out to the living room, where I have Mio TV. But I want to place the N56U there as well to provide better wireless coverage.

merc

Reaction score
I dunno why all of the sudden, my N56U cannot connect to singtel at the full speed of 50mbps.
It just hit only 5mbps. I had even tried 2 sets of N56U.

anyone have this problem too? Once I connect using the singtel router, it's back to full speed.

j123123

Reaction score
Use n56u's all 4 ports for PC

Hi, just installed Singtel's 150mbps fibre and got n56u, now phone connected to ONT instead of pace, and I don't have mioTV. I use preset "singtel - others", everything runs fine. However, I can't use router's port4 for PC. I'd like to know if there is any settings to enable me to use all 4 router's ports, thanks.

Windowlover

Reaction score
Hi, just installed Singtel's 150mbps fibre and got n56u, now phone connected to ONT instead of pace, and I don't have mioTV. I use preset "singtel - others", everything runs fine. However, I can't use router's port4 for PC. I'd like to know if there is any settings to enable me to use all 4 router's ports, thanks.

My PACE supplied by Singtel always DC and slow down ( via wifi ) at times. Can you inform any such issues after changing to new Asus, I'm thinking get ones too since Wifi is also slow inside my room. :s11:

changruihao

Reaction score
2 STb

Hi, is there anyway i can connect my n56u to the ONT directly and have one miotv STB and another STB on the 2nd floor via homeplug? read something by maylyn about a new beta firmware which frees 2 ports for miotv.

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, is there anyway i can connect my n56u to the ONT directly and have one miotv STB and another STB on the 2nd floor via homeplug? read something by maylyn about a new beta firmware which frees 2 ports for miotv.

You can try using padavan firmware with custom VLAN settings (VLAN ID 20, PRIO 4 for LAN ports 3 and 4) to get what you want. No need to wait for the official Asus firmware.

ac3knight

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can someone please help me with my ASUS N66 settings in the link below?
http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.co...sco-slm2008t-switch-asus-rt-n66u-4161430.html

i'm trying to connect Singtel ONT -> Cisco 2008t switch -> ASUS N66

the miotv boxes connected directly to the switch work but i'm unable to get the internet via the N66 to work.

Do i have to change any additional settings in the N66 other than the Switch instructions given in this post ->
http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com.sg/67510834-post271.html

Thanks!!

SayarLinn

Reaction score
Someone can advise me how to improve wireless speed for rt n56u? I faced low download speed after upgrading stock firmware Version 1.0.1.8n to latest Version 3.0.0.4.342. 2.4gz from ~46 Mbps to ~ 20Mbps, 5gz from 76Mbps to 46Mbps. I switched back to old stock firmware but wireless issues was still there. Wire connection was ok 100Mbps+ my ISP is Singtel and mio voice was tagged to ont, last thing, how to get internet for padavan firmware? I try to reboot ont and router, still can't get internet. No option to select ISP. So I select LAN 4 for iptv. ��

Yakumo

Reaction score
Having some issue with 3.0.0.4.342 as well... Speed is pretty unstable, keep changing like a rollercoaster. Currently using Singtel-Mio ISP profile with MioVoice on port 3 and MioTV on port 4. Can any guru provide some tips on stabilizing and improving the internet speed please?

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
Having some issue with 3.0.0.4.342 as well... Speed is pretty unstable, keep changing like a rollercoaster. Currently using Singtel-Mio ISP profile with MioVoice on port 3 and MioTV on port 4. Can any guru provide some tips on stabilizing and improving the internet speed please?

Care to provide more details in regards in why speed is pretty unstable?

1). What SingTel Fiber plan are you on?
2). Are you on wired or WiFi ~ (2.4GHz/5GHz)? if WiFi, please state where is your router placement, obstructions, WiFi settings etc?
3). What kind of scenarios are you observing that result speed is unstable?

Yakumo

Reaction score
Care to provide more details in regards in why speed is pretty unstable?

1). What SingTel Fiber plan are you on?
2). Are you on wired or WiFi ~ (2.4GHz/5GHz)? if WiFi, please state where is your router placement, obstructions, WiFi settings etc?
3). What kind of scenarios are you observing that result speed is unstable?

@1: Can't really remember the name, I think it's explore home, with 50Mbps local download speed and 15Mbps international download speed.

@2: All of them. My desktop is wired to the router and my brother's desktop/laptop and all other mobile devices connected by WiFi on both bandwidth. Tried disabling the 5GHz bandwidth before but performance didn't improve for the 2.4GHz bandwidth.

Router placed right next to the ONT which is directly on the diagonal opposite end of the house away from my room. Performance was great when I just finished set-up the router (and for a short period of time after I upgrade the firmware), but performance since to degrade over time. Maybe I should try rebooting the router?

@3: Can't really pinpoint the cause yet, but recently the performance degraded to the point that I can tell a difference even without running speedtest.net. Both speedtest.net & Wifi Analyzer shows a jagged sawtooth waveform signal for both bandwidth.

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
@1: Can't really remember the name, I think it's explore home, with 50Mbps local download speed and 15Mbps international download speed.

@2: All of them. My desktop is wired to the router and my brother's desktop/laptop and all other mobile devices connected by WiFi on both bandwidth. Tried disabling the 5GHz bandwidth before but performance didn't improve for the 2.4GHz bandwidth.

Router placed right next to the ONT which is directly on the diagonal opposite end of the house away from my room. Performance was great when I just finished set-up the router (and for a short period of time after I upgrade the firmware), but performance since to degrade over time. Maybe I should try rebooting the router?

@3: Can't really pinpoint the cause yet, but recently the performance degraded to the point that I can tell a difference even without running speedtest.net. Both speedtest.net & Wifi Analyzer shows a jagged sawtooth waveform signal for both bandwidth.

Can you provide me a set of local speedtest results (wired) to SingTel speedtest server with your MIO setup box switch on and off? so i can further eliminate the possible causes

Thanks

Yakumo

Reaction score
Can you provide me a set of local speedtest results (wired) to SingTel speedtest server with your MIO setup box switch on and off? so i can further eliminate the possible causes

Thanks

Just tried the local speed test to SingTel server with MIO setup box still on. The speed were as advertised; 50Mbps D/L & 25 Mbps U/L. Run the test 3 times and it produced similar results. Speedtest.net still show crappy roller coaster speeds between 15~35Mbps D/L speed. Weird thing is the U/L speed managed to float around ~20Mbps :s11:

Will run a couple more test over the next few hours with the setup box on and off then report back here.
By the way does the MIO setup box matter much since I'm routing the network through RT-N56U?
My current setup looks like this:

ONT
|
RT-N56U
|-----> LAN Port 1 -----> My Desktop
|-----> LAN Port 2 -----> (Not Connected)
|-----> LAN Port 3 -----> MioTV
|-----> LAN Port 4 -----> SingTel 2Wire Router -----> Mio Voice

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
Just tried the local speed test to SingTel server with MIO setup box still on. The speed were as advertised; 50Mbps D/L & 25 Mbps U/L. Run the test 3 times and it produced similar results. Speedtest.net still show crappy roller coaster speeds between 15~35Mbps D/L speed. Weird thing is the U/L speed managed to float around ~20Mbps :s11:

Will run a couple more test over the next few hours with the setup box on and off then report back here.
By the way does the MIO setup box matter much since I'm routing the network through RT-N56U?
My current setup looks like this:

ONT
|
RT-N56U
|-----> LAN Port 1 -----> My Desktop
|-----> LAN Port 2 -----> (Not Connected)
|-----> LAN Port 3 -----> MioTV
|-----> LAN Port 4 -----> SingTel 2Wire Router -----> Mio Voice

Hmm.... Isn't SingTel MIO VLAN preset profiles as follows?

ONT
|
RT-N56U
|-----> LAN Port 1 -----> Internet
|-----> LAN Port 2 -----> Internet
|-----> LAN Port 3 -----> SingTel 2Wire/Pace -----> Voice
|-----> LAN Port 4 -----> MIO TV STB

I'm pleasantly surprised that you are still able to use your ASUS RT-N56U for your MIO Voice and MIO TV, you sure your setup is correct?

Can you hook up in this manner and feedback accordingly?

Yakumo

Reaction score
I'm afraid I made an embarrassing mistake. My setup is the same as what you mentioned instead. My memory has been failing me lately.. :o

*Update*
Due to Comodo DNS server failing to respond yesterday I tried 2 other DNS server. After I changed to Norton DNS, the local SingTel Speed Test hover between 42Mbps~52Mbps for D/L speed and for Google DNS it maintain at ~52Mbps. Regardless of what I do the U/L speed ALWAYS stays ~25Mbps though. Even when I'm still using Comodo DNS and even on Speedtest.net, which is something I found really strange..

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.