Microsoft Surface

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
You can always buy a hi-speed microSD or Sandisk Cruzer Fit & mount it with Write Cache switched on to increase read/write speed.

Benks1994

Reaction score
You can always buy a hi-speed microSD or Sandisk Cruzer Fit & mount it with Write Cache switched on to increase read/write speed.

Yes I agree but it's always better to have a bigger storage than a smaller storage. Anyways I'm thinking of getting a Cruzer Fit soon, it's small and will not pop up too much when connected to the tablet when I bring it around! :s13:

murtabakx

Reaction score
Acer Iconia w700 is comparable to surface pro as it's price point is also around the price of surface pro. I own an acer iconia w700 tablet. Both tablets specs are the same but w700 have a longer battery life compared to the Surface Pro. The bad point about w700 is it's not a active digitizer that enables the pen, no mircro-sd or sd card reader but it comes with a mini-HDMI port with a provided cable mini-HDMI to VGA for presentation. Also the build quality of w700 is pretty solid. You can google about this machine it's pretty neat.

Cheers,
Ben.

Hey Ben,

thanks for the reply.

Yeah the w700 looks really good.

Sry if this is getting too off-topic, but does the w700 have something similar to a typecover like the surface pro? Because if it's just like the iPad's bluetooth keyboard then it's rather inconvenient (I type a lot, but require flexibility too)

Thanks.

Last edited:

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh boy, you're gonna hate this part. The W700 comes with a stupid plastic stand & a separate BT keyboard. At least the keyboard looks very nice. The stand is Yucks! Sorry...

But the OSK is very responsive though... Touchscreen is very good & got Full HD screen.

Benks1994

Reaction score
Oh boy, you're gonna hate this part. The W700 comes with a stupid plastic stand & a separate BT keyboard. At least the keyboard looks very nice. The stand is Yucks! Sorry...

But the OSK is very responsive though... Touchscreen is very good & got Full HD screen.

I bought the one with a keyboard case. You can google w700 keyboard case or w700 folio. I not a fan of the dock and external keyboad.

Cheer,
Ben.

Benks1994

Reaction score
Hey Ben,

thanks for the reply.

Yeah the w700 looks really good, plus imo it's more reasonably priced than the surface (not that I can get one anyway).

Sry if this is getting too off-topic, but does the w700 have something similar to a typecover like the surface pro? Because if it's just like the iPad's bluetooth keyboard then it's rather inconvenient (I type a lot, but require flexibility too)

Thanks.

Like I said, search w700 Folio or Keyboard Case. I did say the keyboard is great but won't be able to be compared to a normal keyboard but it's really portable & it's like a flip case for the tablet too. And the size of the keyboard is not small hence typing on it is fine.

Cheers,
Ben.

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
The $899 comes with the stand... but at that price, you really can't complain for such a great machine!

Benks1994

Reaction score
The $899 comes with the stand... but at that price, you really can't complain for such a great machine!

Yupp, I have to agree but where have u seen it that it's sell @ $899? I haven't heard any place in SG selling 64GB one or at that price of $899. You might be looking at W510.

murtabakx

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

thanks for all the replies.

w700 keyboard case is what I like.

acer website places w700 at SGD1498, it does not seem to come with keyboard case (nor does it seem to come with that BT keyboard). Any idea how much these cost?

(i retract my previous post's comment about the price - I thought it was SGD899 lol)

Benks1994

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

thanks for all the replies.

w700 keyboard case is what I like.

acer website places w700 at SGD1498, it does not seem to come with keyboard case (nor does it seem to come with that BT keyboard). Any idea how much these cost?

(i retract my previous post's comment about the price - I thought it was SGD899 lol)

Sorry i was confused too.
Acer%20Tablets%20Iconia%20Convertibles%20Iconia%20W510%2C%20W700%20Folio%2C%20W700.jpg.jpg

It's priced at SGD$1198. I got it at $1158 at NewStead @ Funan a week ago. It seems like Challenger and Courts ran out of stock of the w700 Folio version. I'm not sure whether the dock one is also $1198 if I remember I heard it's $1198 too, maybe only @ previous IT Show.

murtabakx

Reaction score
Sorry i was confused too.
Acer%20Tablets%20Iconia%20Convertibles%20Iconia%20W510%2C%20W700%20Folio%2C%20W700.jpg.jpg

It's priced at SGD$1198. I got it at $1158 at NewStead @ Funan a week ago. It seems like Challenger and Courts ran out of stock of the w700 Folio version. I'm not sure whether the dock one is also $1198 if I remember I heard it's $1198 too, maybe only @ previous IT Show.

Hey Benks1994,

Ahh ok thanks for the info (and the flyer).

I might check it out next week. 1158 for folio version sounds good :)

Benks1994

Reaction score
Hey Benks1994,

Ahh ok thanks for the info (and the flyer).

I might check it out next week. 1158 for folio version sounds good :)

No problem! You can go check out Funan and ask around. It's reasonably price comparing to other i5 tablets.

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
As mentioned, Courts Megastore Tampines is selling it at $899. Saw is a few days ago. Price slashed twice to $899.

Could be display set. I never ask.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I ask, for the Folio version, does the keyboard snap shut against the tablet? How is it secured when folded up? Is there a catch? Anyone can post a picture to show how thick the whole thing is when shut? Thanks!

The one drawback about the W700 is the weight lar... it's easily the heaviest Win 8 tablet...

EDIT: I did a Google search for this tablet and found that there are no reviews for the Folio version... it's quite a limited version or it's totally new... so no pictures other than the one showing it standing with the keyboard... no pictures showing the tablet shut with the keyboard... even Acer's own website doesn't show this version!

Last edited:

Benks1994

Reaction score
Can I ask, for the Folio version, does the keyboard snap shut against the tablet? How is it secured when folded up? Is there a catch? Anyone can post a picture to show how thick the whole thing is when shut? Thanks!

The one drawback about the W700 is the weight lar... it's easily the heaviest Win 8 tablet...

EDIT: I did a Google search for this tablet and found that there are no reviews for the Folio version... it's quite a limited version or it's totally new... so no pictures other than the one showing it standing with the keyboard... no pictures showing the tablet shut with the keyboard... even Acer's own website doesn't show this version!

it's not secured when the case is closed as there is no grip. it will just be like a flip case. https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=...g&biw=1536&bih=367&sei=z81RUdWeJInqlAXr3IGwDQ

http://www.youtube.com/embed/SQcTKYFD3No

yes I have the agree the weight issue but if you use the tablet without the case i think it's ok. Comparing that it's using an i5 processor.

the folio version only came out recently as other countries like us and Canada have more reviewers they didn't get one with the folio.

Benks1994

Reaction score
Oh ok.

Any idea how much the folio add-on costs standalone?

Thanks.

i still don't believe that it's selling @ $899 unless u are referring to i3 version and it's 64GB which I didn't see this version selling in SG. Anyways the folio is definitely cheaper or same priced to the dock version.

murtabakx

Reaction score
it's not secured when the case is closed as there is no grip. it will just be like a flip case. https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=...g&biw=1536&bih=367&sei=z81RUdWeJInqlAXr3IGwDQ

Acer Iconia W700 Canadian Ver. Keyboard Case - YouTube

yes I have the agree the weight issue but if you use the tablet without the case i think it's ok. Comparing that it's using an i5 processor.

the folio version only came out recently as other countries like us and Canada have more reviewers they didn't get one with the folio.

Hey again,

thanks for the info.

I forgot to ask, how much does the tablet weigh with the folio and without the folio case?

And if you say it's a flip case, how is it held in place (i.e. kept closed)?

Thanks.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.