Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomad7650

Reaction score
@terumo
No door in kitchen area. So it will be kitchen + living room. But most likely we will put a sliding door when time permits. We have plans I mean for only living room. Kitchen + Living room should be around 14-18 sq meters, not sure.. hehe. For Living room only, about 7 or 8 sq meters.

Hi terumo and AC experts here.

Just bought resale HDB 2+1.

We need an aircon for both bedroom and living room. Living room aircon will be seldom use like in party or any family gathering (very rare maybe twice or 3 times a year).

Place is without aircon. Bedroom is small.. more or less size of 2 queen size beds.

We normally just use aircon during sleep. But over weekend.. may use for 24 hrs straight.. is this even good? hehe

Any recommendation and what is more or less the price? I have no idea. And where to buy too? Gaincity is what i always see so far in the thread... read some..

Thank you.

To nomad7650,
Ur living room square area? Any door for the kitchen area?

Last edited:

ymalexlee

Reaction score
Can existing piping used for lower BTU FCU?

My current Mit Electric Sys 3 compressor faulty so aircon suggest to change new since more than 5 years. I want to change only to Sys 2 since the 3rd aircon seldom used. The 2 existing units are MSXY-15SV and MSXY-12SV. As the rooms are not big, I intend to change to 2xMSYGE10VA + MXY2E20VA. I went to GC and they suggest to re-use existing piping, I can only change to the FCU with same BTU capacity as a 15000BTU pipe cannot work with a 9000BTU FCU, is that true? I don't seem to find any info to guide me on this. Can some experts please advice urgently? thanks.

zeckam

Reaction score
Aircon breakdown : buy new or 2nd hand aircon

My sys 5 fujitsu aircon is spoilt but my blowers are still in good condition. Should I buy 2nd hand aircon non invertor type because I was told by aircon dealer that I can keep my blowers if I buy noninverter compressor? If I buy invertor type, I need to change blower. Dealer also say that if I use invertor, I can reuse my current piping for non invertor. I was quoted for$ 900 for 3 yrs old sys 2 &sys3 panasonic non invertor. Can anyone verify is the dealer is correct?

Secondly shld I buy new aircon which will cost me 4000 if I go for invertor type. My usage is about 8 hrs for a day.

I may move house after 5 years.

Can anyone please advise.

Thanks.

terumo

Reaction score
to ymalexlee,

A higher btu piping can work with a lower btu piping but there might be a slight sound coming from the piping near the blower and outdoor unit due to the difference in pipe size.

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
To zeckam,

2nd hand outdoor means u have to get back Fujistu, but i think quite hard to find for sys 5.
Carrier and Daikin also have sys 5 but if available, likely > 15 years old.

terumo

Reaction score
To Fairplay,
If u r renting out flat, why duh u get non inverter sys 4?
Non inv breaks down less often then inverter but higher energy bills (which u do not need to worry as u r not paying for the bills)

cooldudey

Reaction score
HyperCad,

You said gc selling Starmex at 2.7k? Their price says 2980 leh n no discounts, which outlet did u go?

GC
Mitsubishi Electric - $2700, excluding

I am thinking of all best n paying extended warranty.. Wonder if their installation is good? Anyone can feedback?

Gc likes to upsell upgrade of insulation and expensive extended warranty..
Leaning towards Starmex or toshiba which is made in Japan.

MRC

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
To MRC,
If Sharp, why duh u consider Panasonic @ similar price?

Thank for your reply I read and found out that quite a lot of Panasonic user complaining so I skip that brand out. So Sharp not good?

hypercad

Reaction score
Hi Cooldudey,

They came to my place and did a quote....that included installation...for the ME

Anyway, I really do not know, and am still searching for answers why the cost difference is so huge.

If GC uses good insulation/piping and provide very good, professional service, then I will do with them.

My present spoilt aircon was a result of small companies who love to advise me to do chemical cleaning once a year.....till they spoil the machine, and my $ go woosh

Is GC really that good? Use quality materials?

I've yet to know.

cooldudey

Reaction score
Hypercad, who went to your place to quote?
So far I think all bxxt has the lowest price and they say theydo not advertise hence lower costs which may be true.

Gc kept wanting ppl to upgrade this and that..turnpff

hypercad

Reaction score
Hi Cooldudey,....they quoted and it was about $100 apart...

Both GC and N***Cool came.

AxxBXXX didn't come but said they would charge $60 for a trip down but if we make the aircon from them, it could go towards re-imbursing the costs if we make from them ......for me, it was a bit of a turn-off...

cooldudey

Reaction score
Hypercad, pardon me, u staying in private? Else I am puzzled by why they will go down to quote u. Sys 3 Starmex is 2989 at gc.. Not cheap. All bxxt is 2899 n 100 voucher
Their pana is super gd deal at 26xx.

Anyway expo gc sale maybe they got discount,
Actually I rather get courts if all same px cos reputable firms will have reputation to protect

Kooosh

Reaction score
Soooo ... the weather have been really unbearable for the past week. I need to stop avoiding the costs of getting a new air-con!

Any air-con contractors to recommend?

Do contractors have services like to hack down the in-built wardrobes as well? My piping for my almost 2 decade old air-conditioning system has some parts of the pipes running behind the in-build wardrobes... and I would have to hack down all my wardrobes in 3 of my rooms to change the whole system. Air-con have been down for the past few years. Honestly, I don't know how I've survived this far. But I'm sick and tired of feeling sticky 5 minutes after I shower.

I'm looking for a 4 unit air-con system if possible. 1 for each bedroom (4-room flat) and 1 for the living room. Energy/cost saving. Don't have to be mega cold, but cold enough will do.. Reliable in the sense little to no breakdowns. I'd prefer this as it works better with my wallet in the long run. I prefer slightly higher starting cost and less maintenance cost.

Do recommend please!

Last edited:

weidev

Reaction score
Fujitsu Aircon

Hi All,

I want to buy a Sys 2 airconditioner unit for my hse. Went to Courts and the salesman recommended me Fujitsu ASAGO9LJ and quoted me $2449 for the units. With the additional 4 year extended warranty, brackets and installation charges the overall price came up to $2819.00.

Is this a good deal? Your friendly advice appreciated.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.