Microsoft Surface

Benks1994

Reaction score
Hey again,

thanks for the info.

I forgot to ask, how much does the tablet weigh with the folio and without the folio case?

And if you say it's a flip case, how is it held in place (i.e. kept closed)?

Thanks.

Should be 2.1 lbs (0.95 kg) for the tablet itself. I'm not really sure about the weight with the folio, maybe around another additional 0.4kg? I'm not sure. :s11:

It's kept close but if u hold only 1 side of the case (maybe the keyboard part not the whole case) the case will just open up and in 180 degrees?

murtabakx

Reaction score
Should be 2.1 lbs (0.95 kg) for the tablet itself. I'm not really sure about the weight with the folio, maybe around another additional 0.4kg? I'm not sure. :s11:

It's kept close but if u hold only 1 side of the case (maybe the keyboard part not the whole case) the case will just open up and in 180 degrees?

Hey Benks1994,

thanks for the info.

That's still fairly light I think.

As for the case hmm... quite scary but I guess you have to hold it. I thought there'd be some magnet to hold it there.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey Benks1994,

thanks for the info.

That's still fairly light I think.

As for the case hmm... quite scary but I guess you have to hold it. I thought there'd be some magnet to hold it there.

Yeah a bit disappointing that there isn't a magnetic securing system... and won't the keyboard scratch the screen if it's folded up? There doesn't seem to be any protection at all...

Benks1994

Reaction score
Yeah a bit disappointing that there isn't a magnetic securing system... and won't the keyboard scratch the screen if it's folded up? There doesn't seem to be any protection at all...

Kinda but on the keyboard there is rubbers on the side and corner so that the keyboard won't directly touch the screen and the screen is gorilla glass i guess? So I guess it's ok, as long as you don't slam it dam hard. I think I will open a Discussion forum for the w700 soon, we can't keep discussing it on the Microsoft surface thread.

murtabakx

Reaction score
Kinda but on the keyboard there is rubbers on the side and corner so that the keyboard won't directly touch the screen and the screen is gorilla glass i guess? So I guess it's ok, as long as you don't slam it dam hard. I think I will open a Discussion forum for the w700 soon, we can't keep discussing it on the Microsoft surface thread.

Hey Benks1994,

Yea if there's at least some air-gap in between the keyboard and glass it's good. lol yeah, surface hijacked :p

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mod, is it possible to shift all the above posts on the W700 to the new thread. Thank you very much!

kenz

Master Member
Reaction score
Is Surface RT launched in SG yet? Thought it's suppose to be out by end March?

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
received a newsletter from challenger that surface rt will be on sale on 5 april.

kekacofmmhkfoll

Suspended
Reaction score
Its worth the purchase btw.. Its amazing to see how much the performance have improved since I got the RT back on December.. (There's almost a firmware update each month, 4 so far.)

most noticeable lags, performance issue have been ironed out :)

can't wait for Windows Blue improvements this June.

otaku7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
received a newsletter from challenger that surface rt will be on sale on 5 april.

ya, rt version only.

The Microsoft Surface RT tablet will officially be launched in Singapore on April 5.

Users can experience the 10-inch tablet, which will run on the Windows RT operating system, from 5.30pm at the Funan DigitaLife Mall's Challenger store and the device will officially go on sale at 7pm.

Singapore will be the first country in Southeast Asia to launch the product and both the 32GB and 64GB versions will be available here.

Pricing details have yet to be revealed, but stay tuned for updates.

kayaker

Reaction score
Webpage naming is misleading. One of the pictures shown has the Pro's stylus. Super misleading.

jesgirl

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pro batt is worst than normal table rite? No point leh...need AC.

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Pro battery is average when compared to other Core i5 based Win8 Slates. Around 5 hours. The best is still Acer W700, maybe coz it doesn't have active digitizer but can last 7 hours!

jesgirl

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no logic....

1 is a full fledged computing system
1 is a table which doesnt require any power
obviously the computer will require an AC

You see. I am actually quite interested in Surface Pro because I am always on the field w/o AC so weight/size and battery is important to me. The Pro is supposedly replacement for ultrabook like performance but tablet format especially with the keyboard cover it is quite good and if battery is longer then it is very ultimate.

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You see. I am actually quite interested in Surface Pro because I am always on the field w/o AC so weight/size and battery is important to me. The Pro is supposedly replacement for ultrabook like performance but tablet format especially with the keyboard cover it is quite good and if battery is longer then it is very ultimate.
But you already know it's an ultrabook equivalent with the corresponding minus points, so Reborns is right in saying u lack logic. :D

jesgirl

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But you already know it's an ultrabook equivalent with the corresponding minus points, so Reborns is right in saying u lack logic. :D

What logic? You mean like iPad because it is tablet you expect low battery life? Than what is the logic of putting a high power CPU on the Pro in the first place? The Pro is a office productivity tools and targeted to road executive that need a full blown processor. If short battery life might as well buy a large laptop that cost less put in office that need AC all the time.

What logic?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.