The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

duh123

Reaction score
No hair colour touch up for guys?

Hi,

I heard from the hair salon I patron (neighbourhood) that for guys hair usually people don't do colour touch up for the hair roots and instead just re-dye. I have dyed short hair and was thinking of doing a colour touch up instead of dyeing it every 2 months.

Any comments?

Cheers

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I heard from the hair salon I patron (neighbourhood) that for guys hair usually people don't do colour touch up for the hair roots and instead just re-dye. I have dyed short hair and was thinking of doing a colour touch up instead of dyeing it every 2 months.

Any comments?

Cheers

Hmmm why are you dye-ing it every 2 months? Everytime my hair colour can last me easily up to 4 to even 5 months. And in my opinion, its kinda pointless to do colour touch up since your hair is short. Only girls go for that as its more economical for them to do so.

duh123

Reaction score
Hmmm why are you dye-ing it every 2 months? Everytime my hair colour can last me easily up to 4 to even 5 months. And in my opinion, its kinda pointless to do colour touch up since your hair is short. Only girls go for that as its more economical for them to do so.

oh ok thanks for the info! Yea,it was actually only my 2nd time in 2 months but I think it was quite impulsive haha, will monitor and probably do it again in 4 months time. Although I trim quite frequently like every 3 weeks?

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some reviews after using the Uevo Grey.

The wax has a nice smell and easy to wash off but the holding strength is not very strong (without hair spray).

Last edited:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh ok thanks for the info! Yea,it was actually only my 2nd time in 2 months but I think it was quite impulsive haha, will monitor and probably do it again in 4 months time. Although I trim quite frequently like every 3 weeks?

No worries bro. I understand how you feel when you feel so tempted. Your hair grows quite fast though. I am cutting it like 1.5months. Save money. :X

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some reviews after using the Uevo Grey.

The wax has a nice smell and easy to wash off but the holding strength is not very strong (without hair spray).

Not strong enough? :s11:

I use on my hair which is standing and stubborn, strong enough leh. Yours is long hair? :s11:

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depends on my hair length.

I just do mallet aka chicken head. Works good enough for me. I do admit when I'm playing pool and when I break too hard using full body momentum, my hair will move or split open abit. :s13:

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just do mallet aka chicken head. Works good enough for me. I do admit when I'm playing pool and when I break too hard using full body momentum, my hair will move or split open abit. :s13:

Do you mean mullet hairstyle?

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes.

Been having that hairstyle since primary school until now. My head shape and stubborn hair can only do that hairstyle. My hair won't drop down. :(

I believe everyone's head shape is unique. But probably, yours wont only be revolving around mullet hairstyle for this lifetime tho. Try changing hairstylist to get more professional recommendations, as in my opinion, mullet hairstyle is definitely not suitable for working environment. Just my 2 cents' worth of opinions.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believe everyone's head shape is unique. But probably, yours wont only be revolving around mullet hairstyle for this lifetime tho. Try changing hairstylist to get more professional recommendations, as in my opinion, mullet hairstyle is definitely not suitable for working environment. Just my 2 cents' worth of opinions.

I was told either mullet or number 1. Only this 2 hairstyle suits me. The rest cannot. According to many hairstylist.

low_key_goer

Reaction score
Is it possible to get American Crew Promade in local stores, say Chinatown?
Any other good promade to recommend? Thanks.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to get American Crew Promade in local stores, say Chinatown?
Any other good promade to recommend? Thanks.

I think Chinatown is definitely one of those places that you should check out. They carry a lot of hair products. Anyway, i think u are referring to pomade instead of promade. U can check out Murray's pomade if you are interested. Personally, i dun use that. But i heard a thing or two about this though. :)

Murray's Pomade

low_key_goer

Reaction score
I think Chinatown is definitely one of those places that you should check out. They carry a lot of hair products. Anyway, i think u are referring to pomade instead of promade. U can check out Murray's pomade if you are interested. Personally, i dun use that. But i heard a thing or two about this though. :)

Murray's Pomade

Haha...ya ya. Paiseh for the typo.
Thanks, will head down to check if Chinatown carries them.

fifoent

Reaction score
is uevo grey strong enough for hair that is difficult to spike up instead of holding it down as I have rather long hair

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is uevo grey strong enough for hair that is difficult to spike up instead of holding it down as I have rather long hair

I think this question wait for Renol to answer you. Apparently he said the hold isn't strong enough for him. I put abit can liao. My hair always standing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.