Acer Iconia w700 Official Thread (Folio & Dock Version)

Benks1994

Reaction score
Thanks! I have read up a bit and realise that he W700 doesn't come with a dual digitizer screen, one for writing and the other for touch... so it's basically a touch screen and the stylus mimics the finger... but there is no palm rejection... so your stylus inputs will be less accurate to very inaccurate...

yup.. thats why for those artist wanting to get a tablet to draw i don't think this will be for them. but they can consider this due to the price of this tablet is good.

sukhoi37

Reaction score
I got this tablet two weeks ago.
so far so good, already update the wifi latest driver.

Wands

Reaction score
I'm interested in getting this tablet.

Just a few questions to those who already own it.

1. What is the approximate battery life generally?
  2. Is it possible to play some decent games like super street fighter 4 or starcraft 2 smoothly?
  3. Is it possible to extend it out to a larger screen display?

thanks

sukhoi37

Reaction score
I'm interested in getting this tablet.

Just a few questions to those who already own it.

1. What is the approximate battery life generally?
  2. Is it possible to play some decent games like super street fighter 4 or starcraft 2 smoothly?
  3. Is it possible to extend it out to a larger screen display?

thanks

you can google for battery life.
No, this tablet come with Intel HD4000 integrated graphic card.
there is a mini HDMI port, you can connect it to another display.

Benks1994

Reaction score
you can google for battery life.
No, this tablet come with Intel HD4000 integrated graphic card.
there is a mini HDMI port, you can connect it to another display.

Battery life is around 7hours+ for Wifi on and playing a movie?
Yes it can run StarCraft 2!

I think that it can run street fighter 4 no problem.
You can google w700 then the game you wanna see if anyone tried running on it.:D

Wands

Reaction score
Battery life is around 7hours+ for Wifi on and playing a movie?
Yes it can run StarCraft 2!

I think that it can run street fighter 4 no problem.
You can google w700 then the game you wanna see if anyone tried running on it.:D

Awesome! Thank you for the info. I found that it can run ssf4 at around 56fps and can also bf3 on medium setting quite smoothly. youtube got all the info there. Should have search from there.

Gonna get this tablet!

Thanks again!

Benks1994

Reaction score
Awesome! Thank you for the info. I found that it can run ssf4 at around 56fps and can also bf3 on medium setting quite smoothly. youtube got all the info there. Should have search from there.

Gonna get this tablet!

Thanks again!

No problem! :D
Hope u will like this tablet! :s12:

sukhoi37

Reaction score
oops, my bad. I never expect a integrated gc is able to play intensive game like sc2

balzebub

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
do u guys think with the folio keyboard, this tablet is good enough to replace my ultrabook as my primary work computer?

balzebub

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think yes. But what kind of work? Microsoft Office etc?

Yeah the usual word, excel and powerpoint presentations when meeting clients. Outlook for emails.

Watch videos for entertainment when travelling and light gaming in the form of very old school RPGs and civ style games. that's it

Benks1994

Reaction score
Yeah the usual word, excel and powerpoint presentations when meeting clients. Outlook for emails.

Watch videos for entertainment when travelling and light gaming in the form of very old school RPGs and civ style games. that's it

Yes it should be able to replace your ultrabook but u might consider a bit more as this is also an ultrabook aka tablet, will this upgrade be better than your current ultrabook and will the size of the screen matter as this is an 11.6" some ppl might find it small.

Cheers,
Ben.

DarthGW

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just to check, is the tablet preloaded with acer software or just pure win 8?

DarthGW

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
are you sure, i read that lenovo systems have issues reinstalling without bloatware due to changes to the authentication

Benks1994

Reaction score
btw does the w700 come with any cover or casings?

This might be able to answer your question:
http://community.acer.com/t5/Acer-Tablets/How-to-Recover-Stock-Windows-8-on-an-Acer-Iconia-W700-Tablet/td-p/31375

Er. For the folio version it's a keyboard case and for the dock version a case for the tablet is included. You can search it up or YouTube it for unboxing it review.

DarthGW

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
possible to pair the keyboard dock and a bluetooth mouse to the tablet at same time?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.