The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to Far East Plaza fifth floor to look see look see, saw the Japanese Salon Kobayashi, then turn around there is a Korean Salon called Hair Plus, anyone tried? Japanese and Korean style what diff? :s22:

I did notice this salon as well, at one look it does not seem Korean or Japanese, I will take note and give a review unless someone beat me to it.

there are 30 over salons in FEP, can't possibly review them all

if I am not wrong, Korean cuts has more volume than Jap, that is what the stylist told me some time back

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just like to check with u guys does those dandruff treatment offer by salon effective ?

Just lately, I noticed that my hair having a lot of dandruff. I used to sweat a lot and after that I noticed suddenly got something poke out and suspect it's dandruff.

:o

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just like to check with u guys does those dandruff treatment offer by salon effective ?

Just lately, I noticed that my hair having a lot of dandruff. I used to sweat a lot and after that I noticed suddenly got something poke out and suspect it's dandruff.

:o

When you sweat a lot, your hair will become oily. Furthermore, with such "awesome" weather that Singapore has, your hair is definitely oily. With oily hair, it will be accompanied with dandruff. Try using deep cleansing shampoo to remove excess oils. Should be able to help in your case. Else, its never too late to turn to expensive treatments at salons. :)

IAMNOOB

Reaction score
Anybody can recommend hairspray that can hold well? Using gatsby but de holding like not good

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When you sweat a lot, your hair will become oily. Furthermore, with such "awesome" weather that Singapore has, your hair is definitely oily. With oily hair, it will be accompanied with dandruff. Try using deep cleansing shampoo to remove excess oils. Should be able to help in your case. Else, its never too late to turn to expensive treatments at salons. :)

Any recommendation ?

Think need to go and see a GP liao....................:o

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody can recommend hairspray that can hold well? Using gatsby but de holding like not good

Don't use gatsby hairspray. Not sure if you realized but you will definitely seen white flakes on your hair if you use gatsby hairspray. Its due to the involved ingredients that gatsby uses and when you touched your hair (trust me, you definitely will. everyone does), white flakes will be formed. And thats when your friends go commenting "omg you have dandruff?!".

Recommending Schwarzkopf OSIS+ Session Finish (3) 300ml/500ml. Its a very good brand and no white flakes will be formed. But never use too much of hairspray, coz it causes headaches if used excessively. Hope it helps. :)

xcelon

Reaction score
Advice on shampoo and good wax

hi guys,

im new here and need some advice. I've just went to a salon at yishun and the owner sell me a shampoo, secret professional by phyto, high tolerance shampoo and gave me a nice hair cut.

I do a search online and it seems to be a good product. Cost me $35. So need some advice on the price and quality. Is it good?

Also i'm looking for a good wax that can wash off easily. Any good suggestion? :D

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys,

im new here and need some advice. I've just went to a salon at yishun and the owner sell me a shampoo, secret professional by phyto, high tolerance shampoo and gave me a nice hair cut.

I do a search online and it seems to be a good product. Cost me $35. So need some advice on the price and quality. Is it good?

Also i'm looking for a good wax that can wash off easily. Any good suggestion? :D

Welcome! :D To be frank, there are too many brands of shampoo out there. Typically, products sold at salon will be more expensive than what you can get out there. Because they factored in service and their recommendations too. All these are in the form of intangible aspects so no fault on that.

There are a lot of wax too. Big brands as well as small brands. Depending on what type are u looking out for? Slight shine or dry? Strong or medium control? Price-wise? If you do not have specific requirements, some of the good suggestions for good wax to be washed off easily can be Syoss Tu-re Design Controller (Japan) and 90 Degrees X-Strong Wax (Japan). Basically, most of the better wax out there can all be washed off easiy. You will have to fall back on the previously mentioned requirements to better choose what kind of product you want.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody using American crew product or hanz de fuko products? How's the american crew fiber cream?

anyone knows where to find KMS sea salt spray or any other brand?
how about american crew products?

Last edited:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody using American crew product or hanz de fuko products? How's the american crew fiber cream?

anyone knows where to find KMS sea salt spray or any other brand?
how about american crew products?

If i am not wrong, u can find KMS sea salt spray at some salons but its not that widely available. Alternatively, you can consider OS Fashion Sea Spray from UK too.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can recommend hair sprays? I really want the hold there but at the same time don't want the hair spray to be too musky smelling.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If i am not wrong, u can find KMS sea salt spray at some salons but its not that widely available. Alternatively, you can consider OS Fashion Sea Spray from UK too.
OS fashion sea spray can be found where? I think the only online place to get kms is amazon.
Salon sell sure ex. Haha

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can recommend hair sprays? I really want the hold there but at the same time don't want the hair spray to be too musky smelling.
I would say try the osis+ number 3 hair spray. Or not try the new. Tony and guy but osis+ cheaper and practically works the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.