Question about Malacca

beanstalk6

Reaction score
The distance is so short and it is a very pleasant walk. Besides, it is a one-way road so going to Jonker Street by car from the hotel means going in a circuit around St Paul's Hill before you get to alight at the Stadhuy's.
Google Maps

beanstalk6

Reaction score
hi, anyone stayed in Hallmark Hotel (Leisure) before?

Care to share your experience? Are the rooms alright? And the location etc.

I saw some reviews that there are bed bugs??

The location is really not bad for walking access to the river and Jonker Street.

Pengjialat

Reaction score
not too bad condition except that gets abit noisy at night.... the sound proofing is not very gd

LesPaulSG

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How about parking? Do they have valet or is it some sorta car park? Why I ask is because I usually valet, and I pay them more to keep a watch at the car ~ :look:

Just an update, I parked valet at Hatten Hotel, RM10 per day ~ :D

ali mama

Master Member
Reaction score
Any updates abt the traffic at tuas custom today for ppl who went in? I will be gg in tmr mornin. Hope no jam.

charvin83

Reaction score
Making final decision to stay in either Hatten (Junior / Deluxe suite - what the difference?) or Holiday Inn (deluxe room) instead. Which is preferred? Going from Friday till Sunday.

Also, saw from the previous post if stay in Wlands, better to cross customs and take bus from Larkin. If one of us easily get motion sickness, which are the better bus/coaches we can choose from?

Booking today, kindly advise. MANY THANKS! :)

ventin

Reaction score
Making final decision to stay in either Hatten (Junior / Deluxe suite - what the difference?) or Holiday Inn (deluxe room) instead. Which is preferred? Going from Friday till Sunday.

Also, saw from the previous post if stay in Wlands, better to cross customs and take bus from Larkin. If one of us easily get motion sickness, which are the better bus/coaches we can choose from?

Booking today, kindly advise. MANY THANKS! :)

Just came back on Friday after staying at Hatten. If i am not wrong, junior means you stay at the inner circumference of the hotel, while deluxe means you get to stay at the outer circumference. Hence, if you are lucky with the deluxe, you might get a seaview. If the sea view is important, holiday Inn is closer to the view. Anyway, now Hatten got discount. Booked from Agoda can get SGD100 per nite due to their 1 year anniversary. Usual is $220. Best deal i got.

Although must say, we tried to check in at 4pm, the room is not ready. So we went to the nearby shopping mall across the road for some shopping and check in at 7pm. Also, unless you stay at the 12th floor, there is no wifi in your room. Breakfast is awesome with a huge variety of food. Staff are friendly and conceige can guide you how to walk to certain places. Look for Raevin :). Nice Indian senior with tons of experience in Singapore and Malacca.

charvin83

Reaction score
Just came back on Friday after staying at Hatten. If i am not wrong, junior means you stay at the inner circumference of the hotel, while deluxe means you get to stay at the outer circumference. Hence, if you are lucky with the deluxe, you might get a seaview. If the sea view is important, holiday Inn is closer to the view. Anyway, now Hatten got discount. Booked from Agoda can get SGD100 per nite due to their 1 year anniversary. Usual is $220. Best deal i got.

Although must say, we tried to check in at 4pm, the room is not ready. So we went to the nearby shopping mall across the road for some shopping and check in at 7pm. Also, unless you stay at the 12th floor, there is no wifi in your room. Breakfast is awesome with a huge variety of food. Staff are friendly and conceige can guide you how to walk to certain places. Look for Raevin :). Nice Indian senior with tons of experience in Singapore and Malacca.

Thanks for the advice!

buswhiz

Reaction score
this is expected, imagine many people went back for the Qin Ming festival, and long weekend as well...

beanstalk6

Reaction score
I started my drive at 1.30pm at Ayer Keroh and reached Tuas at 4.30pm. Not a bad deal. There were intermittent stoppages along the highway. The emergency lane was occupied throughout. There was about 30min of queuing at Gelang Patah, but I cleared Tuas in under 10min.
Traffic in Malacca town was worse than ever.

kwon33

Reaction score
Junior suite mainly twin beds hike Deluxe all King beds. Junior smaller rooms while deluxe slightly larger. Book straight thru their reservation email.. They are having promotion now, less than sgd100 per night.

lamborg_dude_

Reaction score
CDR worst luxury boutique hotel I ever stayed in :mad:

The front desk staff not very friendly and f&b staff very slow in clearing finished plates and bowls. I already put nicely on one side so they more convenient take but the staff all walk past pretend never see ******

Milner_24

Reaction score
anybody stay in Jonker Boutique Hotel before?

any review? in term of location and room.

thank you

beanstalk6

Reaction score
I can see that the hotel is right in the thick of the action of Jonker Street, right in front of the stage. During the weekend evening, when the street is converted to pedestrian-only, expect the stage to be used till about 10pm, ditto the shops and street stalls. Vehicle access is similarly restricted. In any case, the traffic around the area is congested.

tiowher

Reaction score
I concur that too..

Jonker Boutique Hotel (Price check for Mid May at about S$77 Superior Room)

Aside from traffic for those who drives, the location is not too bad due to the food places and 30 mins from A Famosa and Sam Po Kong Temple.

Nonetheless it's not really very comfortable in my review list esp the bed. I would up the budget if permissible for you and head to Hotel Equatorial Melaka..

Located further away from the crowds but yet near enough to the action places..

Hotel Equatorial
Mid may Double Or Twin Deluxe at about S$120

LesPaulSG

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have only stayed in Equatorial and Hatten. I would choose Hatten again ~ :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.