Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmkeong

Reaction score
Have just check with agent, the whole blower unit is $200/each incl GST. I would like to change 2 units of blower and for the mbr, re-run the piping which is <5m long. Any reliable installer to recommend?
After hunting high & low, managed to find 1 that is willing to do and does Mit ac mostly from an electrician friend, quoted me 350net for labor to replace the 2 fan coil unit and also supply & re-run the mbr piping. They even re-run the electrical wire for mbr as the initial 1 was being joint. After the job, they topped up the gas and also wiped clean the walls. Damaged, 750 bucks. Finally able to beat the heat.

For the same job, I was quoted 450+ x 2 units to supply and install the fan coil and also another 450+ to re-run the piping as they said it's std price for <15m length. Total 1350 bucks.

Saved 600 bucks! My advise, try to do your sums 1st before committing, we are at the mercy of these guys.

kaweng

Reaction score
Thanks terumo for the assurance.
At least I now know I'm not taken for a ride.
Now only hoping that my aircon don't have any more problem.

duhster

Reaction score
Came back to this thread to take a look on behalf of a friend.

Just realised it's been about 2.5 years since I changed to my Panasonic non-inverter system 3 from Natural Cool (my previous post is somewhere here). Other than routine filter and fan self cleaning, haven't had the aircon maintained or washed since then (certain family issues, my parent doesn't like outsiders in my home). I made the mistake of accidentally spraying water into the circuit board area of my FCU and now the Eco Patrol LED no longer works, but the operation is not affected and the unit seems to be going strong.
If there is anything that Panasonic could do better, it could be fan cleaning. The fan is a b**ch to clean.

On the strength of my recommendation, my gf also had slightly newer system 2 version of my aircon (this one has Eco Navi) installed by same company last year.

Our systems are configured to only 9k BTU for our rooms but both have no problem freezing the room within 15 mins even on this sunny afternoon.

So, yes, if anyone asks about either of those 2 brand names I mentioned, I would recommend.

DoAsInfinity

Reaction score
Hi all, I was quoted $2350 for the following:

Mitsubishi Electric System-2 Inverter
1. MXY-2E20VA x1
2. MSY-GE10VA x2
(Includes installation & bracket (not sure) )

1)Is this a good price?
2) Normally how much is the cost to install/convert the wall power point / switch?

Thanks

Last edited:

spuispui

Reaction score
2.8k can get system 3 inverter? Mitsubishi or panasonic. Is the price normally state got free installation?

Thx

surpize

Reaction score
Price around there... Normally include installation but may not include upgrade of wiring / insultation etc which may not be necessary in some cases...
Will recomm panasonic which served me well in my ofc & hse...

Kooosh

Reaction score
Seeking recommendation for air con from you gurus out there!

Budget: 3-4k
Preference: Easy self-maintenance,cheap annual servicing, energy conserving/economical (4-5 star efficiency?)
Rooms: 3 bedrooms. Living room optional. If budget permits will get including living room.
Usage frequency: Mostly (90%) at night, in the day if it gets too hot when I reach home after school.

TIA!

volkscco

Reaction score
hi

hi bros in this thread, recently my air con in the 3 bedrooms just stopped working,called the technician to come down n check he said compressor spoilt already not worth it to repair.. btw mine is a 12years old daikin multisplit aircon(is that how i call it?) any recommendations for dealers for daikin? with gd worksmanship and how long does it take to install the whole system? fk the weather seriously every night getting baked

myhyip4me

Reaction score
Hi
I was quoted Midea aircond. Is this brand good? seems not heard before...

Btw, do we need to apply from HDB for aircond installation?

temptemp

Reaction score
my system 3 compressor just up lorry and now looking for a new see of sys 3. the master room maybe use 1-2 nights per week, about 8 hrs. 2nd room nightly about 2-3 hrs. 3rd hardly switched on.

based on above usage, get inverter or non-inverter system? can quote me both for Panasonic brand?

spuispui

Reaction score
Hi all, my dad been quoted for starmex inveter 3x 9000 btu for all the rooms. This include bracket and piping as this is first time my house install aircon. Is this price reasonable? Thanks

spuispui

Reaction score
Hi all, my dad been quoted for starmex inveter 3x 9000 btu for all the rooms. This include bracket and piping as this is first time my house install aircon. Is this price reasonable? 3.1k. Thanks!

Kooosh

Reaction score
Kooosh,

$4k can get u sys 4.
$3k sys 3.
Hi terumo!

I would mostly be using throughout the night. But at the rate Singapore's weather is going I may have to turn them on certain times of the day too. Inverter vs non-inverter is my next problem before I decide on the brand.

Need more advice! :D

cooldudey

Reaction score
Saw on papers courts have this Panasonic 3199 including 5yr extended warranty and 100 grocery voucher. Good deal for those who want peace of minf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.