Microsoft Surface

phazer89

Reaction score
Anyone knows if there's autocorrect (the kind on phones, not spell check) in Word if you're using the Touch Cover? Changing the settings doesn't help and the staff at the launch event weren't too sure either. IIRC there wasn't autocorrect in other apps (e.g Mail) either.

Granted, you'll probably use a Type Cover/keyboard for extended typing, or get used to a Touch Cover eventually, but I'm just wondering.

Edit// I was just replying an email in the Mail app on my laptop running Win 8, and it autocorrected a word. Tried typing a bunch of misspelt words but nothing happened, no idea it triggers. :/

Last edited:

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows if there's autocorrect (the kind on phones, not spell check) in Word if you're using the Touch Cover? Changing the settings doesn't help and the staff at the launch event weren't too sure either. IIRC there wasn't autocorrect in other apps (e.g Mail) either.

Granted, you'll probably use a Type Cover/keyboard for extended typing, or get used to a Touch Cover eventually, but I'm just wondering.

Edit// I was just replying an email in the Mail app on my laptop running Win 8, and it autocorrected a word. Tried typing a bunch of misspelt words but nothing happened, no idea it triggers. :/

Not on physical keyboard. Win8 itself will underline the wrong word. Word (including 2013) will Auto-correct certain words in the Auto-correct dictionary. Only if you use the Onscreen keyboard would you get Auto-correct.

bedlamite

Reaction score
Pretty amazed this even works! Fiio E9/E7 amplifier/DAC combo hooked up to the RT, plug in the USB and the audio rig is installed in seconds.

0GHlJmX.jpg

jiltedgen

Reaction score
did anyone try using the Huawei E355 3G Mobile WiFi Modem Router dongle on the surface RT? does it work?

am thinking of getting the dongle if it works. if not, a mifi then...

:s22:

danielpng1

Master Member
Reaction score
cannot install.

Hi bro.. only can download whatever that is available in the windows app store?

Apparently, i found a link to download function, can you guys try it?

Funshion

if can, i might just get the RT version instead of the pro..

Last edited:

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Funshion

Tried installing but cannot. Yes win store only unless some hacking is involved. Duno how though

phazer89

Reaction score
Not on physical keyboard. Win8 itself will underline the wrong word. Word (including 2013) will Auto-correct certain words in the Auto-correct dictionary. Only if you use the Onscreen keyboard would you get Auto-correct.

Sounds logical I suppose. Although it would be nice if you could turn on auto-correct if you're using the Touch Cover.

phazer89

Reaction score

Funshion

Downloaded it on my Win 8 laptop, seems to be pretty buggy. I only tried for a bit but streaming takes forever (on the occasion it does work) and the download doesn't seem to start. Based on the reviews it's probably not just me, although there are some 5* reviews too. I suppose it'll be fixed in a future update...

CherylW

Reaction score
Can recommend android APs like MS office excel whereby type n edit like normal excel

Should ask this qn in Android tablet forum. To fast forward time:

Microsoft is Finally Bringing Office to iOS and Android Next Year
By William Peacock, Esq. on April 11, 2013 9:38 AM

Tired of the myriad of half-baked office substitutes for Android and iOS devices? Take heart, tech geek lawyer: Microsoft is finally coming to the rescue.

According to a ZDnet, a leaked internal Microsoft Office roadmap shows that Office for iOS and Android is set for release in October 2014. Before it arrives to those devices, however, Office will be updated for Windows Blue, Mac OS, and Windows RT. The full schedule is:

October 2013: Windows Blue updates
April 2014: Office for Mac; Office RT refresh, Windows Phone refresh
October 2014: Outlook for Windows RT, Office for iOS and Android
Yep. You'll finally have the option of running Microsoft Office on your iPad, which could finally quell the final reservations of many professions of tablets' inability to be as useful as laptops. Seriously, besides existing research apps, Internet access, and an office suite, what more do you need?

Then again - 2014? We're already fallen truly, madly, and deeply in love with OfficeSuite Pro, which has the standard document editing features and, to our delight, was actually able to open massive 100 page documents without crashing (unlike every other competitor).

By the end of next year, we expect all of the mobile office suites to get even better. And the biggest obstacle to beating Microsoft software in the past was forcing users to adopt and learn a new platform. If Microsoft Office for iOS/Android isn't coming until late next year, might that simply be a little too late?

With that sort of timeframe, it better be, far and away, the best office suite out there. Otherwise, if users have to switch to a less functional Office Mobile after already learning another company's alternative, how many will be willing to put that much effort in?

One final note: we really hope last year's rumors of forcing paid subscriptions prove to be false, but at this point, we wouldn't be surprised. With Office 2013 and Office 365, Microsoft has half-implemented a subscription model for the desktop environment. The former carries a one-time $140 fee for one computer. The latter is $100 per year for five computers.

We wouldn't be surprised to see Microsoft go all-in on the subscription model in the near future, including mobile software. If there is a monthly or yearly toll to be paid, that gives users even less incentive to try the iOS and Android Office apps.

Johnteoh

Reaction score
Anyone connecting their surface to monitor or projector using vga? Any recommendations for the adaptor?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.