Seatrium (formerly known as SembCorp Marine) *Official* (SGX: S51)

teerance85

Reaction score
Dunno whether to hold or cut losses for SembMar. Price hovering around 4.17 - 4.2. If cut loss now, would make quite a hefty loss.

What you bros think? To cut or not to cut. Hahha

princessreiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I presume that there are a lot of shortists in this counter.
If one gives in to them, then the price will fall lower.

Majestic12

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Release of Q1 results on 3rd May. Better wait and see first, IMO.

Market is biased towards further selling. Even if Q1 results miraculously beat expectations, technicals and sentiment don't support a break out of the downtrend channel.

I'd much rather short this stock than go long.

cheong79

Banned
Reaction score
Before XD 4.29 misses my target of > 4.30

Let see tomoro will start down fall due to market sentiment?

duo_maxwell

Reaction score
Sembcorp Marine Q1 net profit up 5%

Today Online

3 May 2013

SINGAPORE – Sembcorp Marine, the world’s second-largest rig builder by volume, said Friday its first-quarter net profit rose 5 per cent to S$118.7 million on higher revenue from rig-building, the Dow Jones news agency reported.Revenue rose 11.4 per cent to S$1.05 billion.“Demand for rigs is expected to remain strong given the ageing rig fleet and the increasing focus by oil companies for new, safer and more efficient rigs, in particular high-specification rigs capable of operating in harsh and deepwater environments,” the company said in a stock exchange filing. Enquiries remain “healthy” but competition is intense and that has hurt margins, it added.Sembcorp Marine’s has a net order book stood of S$13.6 billion with completion and deliveries stretching till 2019. This includes S$1.7 billion in rig orders and offshore platform contracts secured since the start of this year.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Market is biased towards further selling. Even if Q1 results miraculously beat expectations, technicals and sentiment don't support a break out of the downtrend channel.

I'd much rather short this stock than go long.

one day, you shall be right. :s13:

i remember your bearishness in stocks and bullishness in gold since a long time.

nooneno

Reaction score
“The long-term industry fundamentals for the offshore and marine sector remain sound underpinned by exploration activities with increasing interests in harsh environment and field development programmes. Demand for high specification and ultra-deepwater rigs with advanced technical features are expected to remain strong. SembCorp Marine with its track record and proven capabilities is well-positioned to benefit from the opportunities in this sector.”

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.