Power Supply Buyer's Guide

adrianlee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III 850W Power Supply Review
Not too long ago, I took a look at a new PC Power and Cooling unit that turned out to be just plain awesome: the Silencer Mark III 1200 watt unit. Today, I'm looking at the little brother of that unit, the 850 watt model. We'll find out today if this 80 Plus Gold unit can match up to the high standards set by the flagship of the line.
PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III 850W Review

Enermax Triathlor FC 650W Power Supply Review
Recently, we took a peek at a new case from Enermax called the Giant Ostrog. Today, we're looking at an Enermax power supply you may choose to use inside that case, the Triathlor FC 650W. This is a budget minded 650 watter that still brings such features as semi-modularity and 80 Plus Bronze certification to those of us who cannot afford the better and more expensive models. Let's see what it's like, shall we?
Enermax Triathlor FC 650W Review

Corsair AX and AXi Series Power Supplies Review: Small Letter Big Difference?

Today we are going to check out two pairs of “Platinum” power supply units with capacities of 760 and 860 watts, which belong to two different series: AX and AXi. Which one should be a preference for those who are looking for the most efficient power source for their systems?
Corsair AX and AXi Series Power Supplies Review: Small Letter Big Difference? - X-bit labs

adrianlee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Super Flower Leadex 1000W Review
Not very long ago, Super Flower wasn't really a name on anyone's radar screen. They made decent units to be sure, but they were just kind of there. Then, someone over at SF headquarters woke up, saw the latest awesome unit out there, and said, "wait a minute, I bet we can do that, too." The Golden Green platform came out and started turning heads, but Super Flower didn't stop there. With the new 80 Plus Platinum efficiency certification level, the Golden King platform came out and turned even more heads. Now, Super Flower would like me to test the new Leadex platform. This is the next step in their journey for dominance at the top of the power supply game. Let's find out how well they pulled it off.
Super Flower Leadex 1000W Review

Enermax NAXN ADV 650W Power Supply Review
Enermax, although not one of the biggest PSU OEMs (e.g. like Delta), still manages to offer products of very high quality and performance. Their own creations are unfortunately more expensive than those of the competition because a medium-volume production line doesn't allow for reduced production costs, which seriously influences retail prices. This is most likely the main reason behind their mainstream and mid-range units by other OEMs, since doing so allows them to offer really affordable PSUs that easily meet the tough competition in this hotly competed for category. You see, high-end units may be a manufacturer's pride, but they don't sell en masse. They definitely don't pay the bills.

The previous NAXN units were mostly made by Channel Well Technology (CWT)—the two stronger models were made by Sirtec. Enermax was, as it seems, left quite satisfied by CWT since this OEM has also manufactured the new NAXN ADV line. The aforementioned line includes three members with capacities ranging from 450 W to 650 W, and all of them feature a non-modular cabling design.

In this review, we will take a good look at the strongest of the NAXN ADV units. This NAXN ADV has a capacity of 650 W, and its model number is ETL650AWT. This unit have a non-modular cabling design, is 80 Plus Bronze certified, has a single +12V rail, is ErP Lot 6 2013 ready, and has a compact footprint.
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Enermax/ETL650AWT/1.html

Last edited:

adrianlee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Antec High Current Pro HCP-850 Platinum PSU Review
Summary

In the HCP-850 Platinum, Antec took an already excellent design and made it practically unbeatable. This beast is pretty well unmatched for performance right now, coming in here and just obliterating the competition with unreal stability and ripple control. Only two current platforms I can think of can even come close to this - the Seasonic KM3 and Super Flower Leadex. But, neither one of them quite has either the rail stability or ripple suppression both to match this one. I just wish the price was a bit lower. As it stands right now, though, you can't really do any better than this bad boy. We're at the top of the mountain... at least for now.
Antec HCP-850 Platinum Review

adrianlee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

adrianlee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Corsair RM Series 850W Power Supply Review
Not long ago, we took a look at our first RM series unit from Corsair, the RM650. Today, we'll be looking at big brother - the 850 watt model. This is a unit that bears very little in common with its smaller sibling, as it is a completely different platform from a completely different OEM. Let's have at it.
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=369

Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W Power Supply Review
Super Flower comes to us today with their Leadex Gold 750 watt model today. We've already seen that this platform is nigh unbeatable at higher power levels, but what about the low end of the scale? Will it turn out to be better or worse or the same? Let's find out.
Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W Review

Last edited:

tmengyew

Reaction score
RMA Psu FSP Aurum

Rma a FSP Aurum 400w 80+ bronze ,5 yr warranty but power degraded on the 3rd yr so rma. Was given 2 option

1) free 1 to 1 exchange to same model reflurish unit (look old to me)
2) top up $45 for 550w 92+ platinium with 2 yr warranty from now. (which my warranty still got 2 yr more for 400w 80+ bronze )

which is better deal ?

allhomme

Master Member
Reaction score
can Corsair AX 1200i run 3 GPUs?
I am trying to run
1 MSI 7970
1 Saphire 7970

both run fine but when add Asus R9 280X Direct CU II , display does not come up when start computer....

Any help

I don't know about the power consumption of the R9 280X but I was using OCCT power supply tester to test my GTX770 SLI overvolt @ 1212mV and OC to 1306MHz and 4770K OC to 44x, peak power consumption on the AX1200i according to Corsair Link was 650+ Watts.... avg was in the high 500W

Just a ball park figure for you reference.

Rgyl11

Reaction score
Hi, is fsp450-60ep enough to run Asus GTX 750 ti oc? If not what is recommended for me and please advise in the price thanks

RoyceSmith

Reaction score
Hey, corsair cxm 600w 80+ bronze vs seasonic x650w 80+ gold
Which one is better? And why its better than other

sjvkmr

Reaction score
Hey, corsair cxm 600w 80+ bronze vs seasonic x650w 80+ gold
Which one is better? And why its better than other

It really depends on what components you are using your PSU with. But 650w not only sorta 'futureproofs' your build, it the gold certification makes this psu a more energy efficient than the corsair model despite the 50w difference. Hope this helps.

limjialok

Reaction score
Any reviews about the new cooler master MWE 400,450 and 500 series? Seems cheap and promising. Or is it like the elite series where it's not recommended?

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.