Microsoft Surface

kychong79

Banned
Reaction score
did anyone try using the Huawei E355 3G Mobile WiFi Modem Router dongle on the surface RT? does it work?

am thinking of getting the dongle if it works. if not, a mifi then...

:s22:

Yes, it should work with any USB port as long as there is a power source.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, vinloo,
Can share the link to get the micro HDMI to VGA adapter?
Thanks in advance.

You get this in Singapore. SLS, 6th floor. Shop called Worldwide. Yellow signboard. Run by Indians. $76 per pop. Same thing as on ebay. Pretty expensive but works. I bought one myself.

game goondu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
finally.... 2-3 more months to wait... hu going to HOOT one?
wonder how much will it be... will it be far from my earlier estimate?

Expanding Surface Pro and Surface RT Availability

At the end of February, we announced that we were broadening the availability of the Surface family. Since then, we’ve gotten a lot of feedback that people want us to expand availability further and faster.

We know it took us a while to get back to you, but we hear you, and are excited to be able to provide an update on the countries where Surface RT and Surface Pro will be launching in May and June. Additional details on launch events, retail availability, and pricing will be provided in future posts to this blog and via twitter at @Surface ahead of actual launch dates.

Surface RT will launch in Malaysia on April 25th, in Mexico by the end of May and in Korea and Thailand in June.This expansion will result in Surface RT being available in 29 markets. For those that are counting, it’s already available in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

Surface Pro will launch before the end of May in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom. Surface Pro will launch in Korea, Malaysia, Russia, Singapore, and Thailand before the end of June.Surface Pro is currently available in the U.S., Canada, and China.

The enthusiasm for Surface has been fantastic, and we love hearing the stories of people who are making it the one device they use to work and play. This is what Surface was designed to do – simplify your life while letting you do more! In fact, one of our biggest challenges has been keeping our 128GB Surface Pro in stock. We’ve worked hard to increase availability, and most retail partners in the U.S. and Canada as well as the Microsoft Store now have the 128 GB product consistently in stock.

To those of you who have pressed for information – please understand that before making these announcements we make sure that we have the volume of devices in place and alignment with our retail partners to do each launch well. We value every Surface customer. We’re passionate about the products we’ve built, and we appreciate your passion for getting Surface in your market.

Looking forward to sharing Surface with more folks around the world.

Brian Hall
General Manager – Microsoft Surface

mikengtw

Reaction score
I am very disappointment by MS saying Surface Pro will be will launch before the end of June, what is this
have to drag so long till June !! Oh come on I have wait and wait..:(

echoblue

Reaction score
I am very disappointment by MS saying Surface Pro will be will launch before the end of June, what is this
have to drag so long till June !! Oh come on I have wait and wait..:(

get it from HK or US then if you cant wait, warranty should still be covered here in SG. Take note though that MS has supply issues so it might be difficult to get one.

if you're willing to wait, i suggest you be first in line when it gets released in SG. I expect Spro to sell out in a day. :D

CherylW

Reaction score
hmm. They didn't say 'warranty should still be covered here in SG'. It's quite vague, if you ask on facebook they will direct you to a link like US?

Anyway, for 1 year warranty and only a couple months more, I'll wait. otherwise would have got it early in the year.

ev960d

Reaction score
I was in US last week, and everywhere in Bestbuy there are stocks available for RT and Pro. I set out to buy one Pro, but when I hold it, I decided not to. Too heavy as a tablet, and this is purely my personal opinion.

bedlamite

Reaction score
Too heavy as a tablet, and this is purely my personal opinion.
Except it's...not really a tablet

-------

I wouldn't advise anybody to buy the Pro when it launches here, June's way too late as it is; if a V2 gets announced it'll probably release at the end of the year which leaves only a few months to enjoy your rather expensive purchase. The RT uses Tegra 3 about as optimally as a tablet can so it still has some legs even after a RT2 is released, however Haswell really is a leap over the current i5 chips (if only for power consumption considerations; 4-hour battery life for something as mobile as the Pro is unacceptable IMHO) and that will be worth waiting for

CherylW

Reaction score
BTW, it’s 'possible to get 7 hrs battery life' from the Surface Pro by tweaking one of the processor settings, assuming you don’t need to use it for any highly intensive processing work such as video editing, 3D games, or image rendering etc.

Murcielago

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BTW, it’s 'possible to get 7 hrs battery life' from the Surface Pro by tweaking one of the processor settings, assuming you don’t need to use it for any highly intensive processing work such as video editing, 3D games, or image rendering etc.
What settings?

mikengtw

Reaction score

I doubt it can go up to 7 hour battery life, even at the
best setting with shut down services the maximum
can get is 5 hour.

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score

I think 7 hours only possible if all your wireless radios are OFF, screen at dimmest & Power profile set to Power Saver, and it's completely idling.

Otherwise average non-intensive, can probably get 5hours as mentioned.

Another way is to completely switch off the Wacom Active Digitizer, which is a known battery sucker. That will make it more like the Acer W700, which lacks a digitizer but can last 7 hours.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.