Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

kawshigan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

im quite confused with the DBS Card promotion. Is it only applicable to Everyday cards or to all DBS cards? Besides, since it is only valid for first time customers, as long this is my first shipment with CGW,it will work right? No specific time frame?

Thanks in advance. I couldnt really find all the info online thats why.

revolta

Reaction score
Have anyone ship herman miller chair from US to shipping using singpost or CGW.

What is the shipping cost like?
Will buying from USA plus shipping cheaper then buying from Singapore dealer?

Singapore dealer quote very high price compare to US.

IntelFlash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows any forwarder based in other parts of Europe?

Like Germany, Ireland, Poland, Belgium etc?

myth_shenhua

Reaction score
hi there, would like to know what this means:

Further Detail:
Shipment has been given a release by Customs. Next Step:
Unless there is an adhoc exam or a stop by another regulatory authority the shipment will proceed to delivery

7 Customs status updated HONG KONG - HONG KONG 04:31

anyone had this before? Have used CGW to ship to singapore several times and this isthe first time seeing this on DHL tracking

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Easily in hundreds. The chair itself is already quite big and you can probably imagine the volumetric or actual weight.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi there
Login to your CGW and try out Live Quote! We'll analyse it and give you an estimated weight. You may even purchase a guarantee on our estimate.

Cheers

too late.:(. i ship out myself and see the charges is much more exp than what live quote given.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
is comegateway still cheaper than borderlink and vpost ?

this thread was started 4 years ago, im sure the rates has changed many times.

IntelFlash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

LOL the box measures 200+KG volumetric weight.
Add GST the shipping cost almost $1000.

Got mass order don't want to join :s13::s13::s13:
http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.co...ictures-included-3193149-41.html#post75791877

Reverse count, the shipping he charge only $230.

Last edited:

revolta

Reaction score
Hi there
Do you know exactly which chair you want? If you do, we can give you a Live Quote :)

yes i know:
Executive Aeron Chair by Herman Miller - Polished Aluminum Frame - Leather Arms - PostureFit Lumbar - Size B (Medium)
Amazon.com: Executive Aeron Chair by Herman Miller - Polished Aluminum Frame - Leather Arms - PostureFit Lumbar - Blue-Black Tuxedo Size B (Medium): Home & Kitchen

or

Aeron Chair by Herman Miller - Highly Adjustable - Graphite Frame - Lumbar Pad - (Medium)
Amazon.com: Aeron Chair by Herman Miller - Official Retailer - Highly Adjustable - Graphite Frame - Lumbar Pad - Carbon Classic (Medium): Home & Kitchen

I know amazon selling, any advise to buy it from which US site?

leon123456

Reaction score
hi. amazon.com showed my items delivered to the comgateway us address. but my comgateway.com account showed nil in the us package section.
c/o SGW-CPBFD

phoenixified

Reaction score
Hi,

its my 1st time using a agent to buy stuff in U.S, need advice on this...

iv got a dress about 0.25kg , est cost about USD$30 . In terms of shipping price , Which SP is rec to use? CGW , vpost or Borderlinx?

IntelFlash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes i know:
Executive Aeron Chair by Herman Miller - Polished Aluminum Frame - Leather Arms - PostureFit Lumbar - Size B (Medium)
Amazon.com: Executive Aeron Chair by Herman Miller - Polished Aluminum Frame - Leather Arms - PostureFit Lumbar - Blue-Black Tuxedo Size B (Medium): Home & Kitchen

or

Aeron Chair by Herman Miller - Highly Adjustable - Graphite Frame - Lumbar Pad - (Medium)
Amazon.com: Aeron Chair by Herman Miller - Official Retailer - Highly Adjustable - Graphite Frame - Lumbar Pad - Carbon Classic (Medium): Home & Kitchen

I know amazon selling, any advise to buy it from which US site?

Amazon's information is not accurate, refer to HM's website.

npG5kH6.png

Aeron Chair - Office Chairs - Chairs - Herman Miller Official Store

Borderlinx's quote
RhzAzIc.png

Which imo won't be far from CGW.

I contemplated to order before, go order from the Mass order

nakamoto

Reaction score
Hello. I know that for vpost you can self declare the amounts of the stuff you bought. If I bought from shops like Ralph Lauren, karmaloop, can I under declare the values? Cos most of them will provide invoice?

IntelFlash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
where do u get that info from and why is amazon not correct? I dont see that shipping info on that page.
Amazon only do rough estimations.

It's never accurate and it's not properly updated.
Most of the time they only state actual dead weight which is not what forwarders use to calculate.

Forwarders use volumetric weight so whatever discrepancy Amazon makes don't bother cause the forwarder will simply measure and charge base on the dimensions and calculate the volumeric weight accurately.
Since that's where forwarders earn, they sure count correct or more.

This is why there's so many complains that forwarders are overcharging cause people believed in those wrong numbers Amazon provided.

The info i stated are raw data obtained from HM's official website, so how can that be wrong?
While Amazon only states 57LBS of shipping weight, the actual volumetric weight is 258LBS

You can measure the REAL volumetric weight from here with the dimensions
DHL | Volumetric Weight: Express | English

Or

Borderlinx: Calculate international shipping, tax & duties prices

I can't find on CGW but it should be not far from Borderlinx's calculation

IntelFlash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello. I know that for vpost you can self declare the amounts of the stuff you bought. If I bought from shops like Ralph Lauren, karmaloop, can I under declare the values? Cos most of them will provide invoice?
Some of the vendors stick their invoice copies on the outside of the package, so it's very easy for anyone to check.

Even if it's inside the package, it's quite common for customs to open and check.

Also take note customs don't catch you immediately once found, they will record down and charge you all at once with summons.

That's what i know from another forumer who received a charge with details of all his imports for the entire year. His fine was 5 digits.

I send and receive parcels almost daily, so i know how it works pretty clearly.

nakamoto

Reaction score
Some of the vendors stick their invoice copies on the outside of the package, so it's very easy for anyone to check.

Even if it's inside the package, it's quite common for customs to open and check.

Also take note customs don't catch you immediately once found, they will record down and charge you all at once with summons.

That's what i know from another forumer who received a charge with details of all his imports for the entire year. His fine was 5 digits.

I send and receive parcels almost daily, so i know how it works pretty clearly.

Woah. Okay okay.thanks. I think I better not understate the value. :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.