IBM ThinkPad Users' Group

adam_adam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its interesting that the original IBM 512MB RAM module can give compatiblity problems. The person then changed to 512MB module using samsung chips - similar to kingston valueram - then had no more problems.

So that confirms suitability of kingston valueram, at least the 512MB module.

Pls add me in as a T40/92A user. :D

FYI: My extended 9-cell Li battery went kaput after less than 1 month, roughly using for only 20 cycles.

Brought the T40 to IBM service centre and got free replacement battery next morning. That's service. :)

Qingrong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
adam_adam said:
Its interesting that the original IBM 512MB RAM module can give compatiblity problems. The person then changed to 512MB module using samsung chips - similar to kingston valueram - then had no more problems.

So that confirms suitability of kingston valueram, at least the 512MB module.

Pls add me in as a T40/92A user. :D

FYI: My extended 9-cell Li battery went kaput after less than 1 month, roughly using for only 20 cycles.

Brought the T40 to IBM service centre and got free replacement battery next morning. That's service. :)

u r in the group bro... welcome... do share more info... i juz send my laptop bac 2 transmarco... ask them 2 do recovery and change my recovery disks... sian... laptopless again... :(

X18

Master Member
Reaction score
Yeah! just got my R40.. :)

something to ask the R40 users , did u guys found the inner part of the battery quite sticky?

n i am running it thru ac power now, coz have to charge the battery for how long for the first time.

i saw some threads said have to charge 8 to 10 hours while some said have to cycle the battery (fully charge, then fully discharge) three times.

wat should i do? =p

thanx !!

Qingrong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
X18 said:
Yeah! just got my R40.. :)

something to ask the R40 users , did u guys found the inner part of the battery quite sticky?

n i am running it thru ac power now, coz have to charge the battery for how long for the first time.

i saw some threads said have to charge 8 to 10 hours while some said have to cycle the battery (fully charge, then fully discharge) three times.

wat should i do? =p

thanx !!

hi there.... i dun find it sticky... mayb it's new.. :)

i tink u juz haf 2 gif it a overcharge of 10 hrs... then after tt juz use and charge when low... shld be alrite... i believe tt ibm website do provide details on this. :)

welcome!

X18

Master Member
Reaction score
thanx for ur reply, Qingrong!! :)

one more thing to ask, when should i register the warranty online? on the day i purchased?

and when we use the laptop thru ac power, its better to remove the battery rite?

thanx! :angel:

Qingrong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
X18 said:
thanx for ur reply, Qingrong!! :)

one more thing to ask, when should i register the warranty online? on the day i purchased?

and when we use the laptop thru ac power, its better to remove the battery rite?

thanx! :angel:

i tink u shld register lor.... register the laptop + insurance lor... :)

u r rite... try nt 2 use the laptop with batt when using ac power... :)

X18

Master Member
Reaction score
do we need to register our warranty online?

i cant find the link from ibm website.. but i managed to check my warranty.. so do we still need to register?

how abt the insurance thing?

thanx :)

ahleong78

Reaction score
hello

hello guys...i am a new t40 user for 2 weeks...glad to see so many other thinkpaders!!!! pls include me in the list man.

qingtian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re: hello

ahleong78 said:
hello guys...i am a new t40 user for 2 weeks...glad to see so many other thinkpaders!!!! pls include me in the list man.

Welcome aboard :laugh:

adam_adam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
now damn alot of T40 users not just in SG but also worldwide. anandtech already got dunno how many T40ers...

The T40 and all thinkpads are great notebooks.

The IBM aftersales service is even better!

Nitrile

Honorary Member
Reaction score
adam_adam said:
now damn alot of T40 users not just in SG but also worldwide. anandtech already got dunno how many T40ers...

The T40 and all thinkpads are great notebooks.

The IBM aftersales service is even better!

havent had any problems yet so i havent experienced their cust service :)

BeiKeHan

Reaction score
Bad customer service

Nitrile said:

havent had any problems yet so i havent experienced their cust service :)

In case you all don know, the IBM service center at Kaki Bukit is not administrated by IBM. It is being outsource to a 3rd party vendor call Optus.

I went there before and I only got 3 words to describe their service :

CANNOT MAKE IT!!!

Don take me my words for it.... Go there one day and you will know...........

Qingrong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
User List = 30!!!

all users updated... check the list for info... any problems then highlight to mi... :)

user list hit 30 liao!!!

zan82

Reaction score
There's this catch here...I do not dare to mess around with the networking or wireless stuff cos i'm scared once i update the drivers I would need to send back the laptop to the sch for configuration.wld that be necessary?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.