Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

tz224a

Reaction score
hi i wen to do the CAR online sgx quiz n attained a 90%. wats the next step? i already have the scb trade acc but currently unable to trade. ask me the fill up the CAR form. But theres no criteria on the form tt states if u passed e quiz ur good to go. how?

nuar777

Reaction score
Sinkie and others, thanks for info. However, CAR form was right at the beginning of a/c application form and I didn't find any notes that it's applicable only to etf and warrants.:s11: And the SCB lady didn't bother to look more detailed into it.

I was planning to open eSaving a/c in person first, and then apply for trading a/c online. Maybe it will be easier than doing in in the bank with all those forms and tests... Though, it will take longer time.

deweylim

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Do you know how I can change money to USD (and vice versa) locally and transfer to my SCB account for free? DBS charge $25 to transfer USD even to a local bank. Asking this because a lot of people have commented that the SCB rate sucks.

Or can I change cash and deposit direct into SCB securities account?

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Sinkie and others, thanks for info. However, CAR form was right at the beginning of a/c application form and I didn't find any notes that it's applicable only to etf and warrants.:s11: And the SCB lady didn't bother to look more detailed into it.

I was planning to open eSaving a/c in person first, and then apply for trading a/c online. Maybe it will be easier than doing in in the bank with all those forms and tests... Though, it will take longer time.

3pLlrcG.png

gEYVpGI.png

Sniperw0lf

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone have any suggestion on opening account with SCB?

I am a beginner, going to start soon with small amount each month. SCB is almost my only choice but they need experience or finance qualification here.

I also already pass the SGX Quiz. Any suggestion?

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Do you know how I can change money to USD (and vice versa) locally and transfer to my SCB account for free? DBS charge $25 to transfer USD even to a local bank. Asking this because a lot of people have commented that the SCB rate sucks.

Or can I change cash and deposit direct into SCB securities account?

How sucky is the rate? can the rate be more sucky than a money changer? i believe it should be <2% spread.

take note, stock prices can move +-3 to 10% in a worse day. even if you can get a favourable rate, if your timing is sucks then your returns is still sucks.

my advice is dont get too concern with the spread unless you are a short term trader. but then if you are a trader, you better use other trading platforms.

bujingyun82

Reaction score
Hi guys, not sure if this has been asked before and sorry if it did.. just recently opened SCB trading account..

How do I see from my portfolio page those unrealized gains i made on the stock that i've bought?

endlssorrow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u r unable to see it. only show latest price. thus u check urself either write on paper or do it ms word excel

w1rbelw1nd

Master Member
Reaction score
How sucky is the rate? can the rate be more sucky than a money changer? i believe it should be <2% spread.

take note, stock prices can move +-3 to 10% in a worse day. even if you can get a favourable rate, if your timing is sucks then your returns is still sucks.

my advice is dont get too concern with the spread unless you are a short term trader. but then if you are a trader, you better use other trading platforms.

The thing is that the money changers' rate in Singapore is too damn good hahaha. Not surprising that Standard Chart rate is worse than theirs.

Anyway I do agree with you a long term investor shouldnt be too concern with the spread. Too inconvenient to save up that $2-$3 dollar for a $200-$300 exchange

deweylim

Reaction score
The thing is that the money changers' rate in Singapore is too damn good hahaha. Not surprising that Standard Chart rate is worse than theirs.

Anyway I do agree with you a long term investor shouldnt be too concern with the spread. Too inconvenient to save up that $2-$3 dollar for a $200-$300 exchange

thanks both!

digitalguy

Reaction score
guys, quick question:

i am helping a friend to open a/c in scb. would like to know after he apply thru online, does he needs to send or provide any documents to scb. basically what are the documents need to provide/send.

iAmBored

Reaction score
Ehhh not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but the figure shown on the account summary page is incorrect.

Not sure if its because of T+3 or what.
But this is really confusing for me when i try to calculate my expenditure.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Ehhh not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but the figure shown on the account summary page is incorrect.

Not sure if its because of T+3 or what.
But this is really confusing for me when i try to calculate my expenditure.

I know what you mean. Your portfolio will be inflated by an imaginary amount which is equal to your holdings bought on T0. Just do your own calculations on excel.

iAmBored

Reaction score
I know what you mean. Your portfolio will be inflated by an imaginary amount which is equal to your holdings bought on T0. Just do your own calculations on excel.

Yea exactly.
Those who are doing intra-day/week trades will have problem calculating.

And another nit-pick i have is that the only place you can find the commission fees after the order has been made is in your transaction. Order status doesn't show anything.
Or am i wrong???

moonshotballer

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi, I have signed up for an account last wednesday and opened up an e-saver account too.

Can I verify something here?

Am I right to say that in order to buy a share thru Stan Chart, you must have the money in your account because there's no T+3 so you have to pay on the spot for trades executed.

However, when you sell your shares, you do not need to wait for T+3 to receive the money in your settlement account too. It will be immediately transferred to you once the sale is executed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.