Unique Melody Appreciation Thread

punishher

Reaction score
Cheaper lor LOL
I think you can go dig up some old threads anyway I think UM raised their prices not too long ago so confirm more ex

'affordable' indeed

diver-hloc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Waiting for someone to test the "new" UM... kind of itching to reshell my Westone 4 to Custom... :D

XcoldstarX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well, it's US$169 now, Which is about S$215, I would expect Stereo to charge S$250 onwards (without shipping). It's good to see Stereo offering UM customs and services again.

TeamStereo

Suspended
Reaction score
I don't think they are slow or poor workmanship as these doesn't seem to be the complaint from different forums when stereo was handling um

But rather they don't place emphasis on sg as a market .. I have seen The workmanship done by them through stereo is really bad such as artwork and colour of the shell and the lead time is extremely long ..

According to UM, Singapore sales (when Stereo was handling) was relatively higher compared to most countries except USA and China and as our custom batches on the monthly basis goes from 50 - 100+, we tend to encounter slightly more problems than others. :o

TeamStereo

Suspended
Reaction score
Well, it's US$169 now, Which is about S$215, I would expect Stereo to charge S$250 onwards (without shipping). It's good to see Stereo offering UM customs and services again.

During our meeting with UM representatives, they mentioned an increased in reshelling charges but we have yet to receive our new price list yet. We will definitely try to match US pricing if not ideally beat them. ;)

adv_illusioned

Reaction score
During our meeting with UM representatives, they mentioned an increased in reshelling charges but we have yet to receive our new price list yet. We will definitely try to match US pricing if not ideally beat them. ;)

(pupils dilated)

RazorLotus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We initially drop UM due to the fact that they were unable to provide the minimum standards we and our customers were asking from. Extremely long waiting time, increasing numbers of errors and things just didn't worked out as supposed.

So we drop UM altogether as we find that UM was biting off more than they could chew due to raising global demand and small UM operation. A month later UM contacted us again that they will improve on both errors and delivery time but they disappoint us yet again. That is when we decided to drop UM for good.

After that, UM have been contacting us every once in a while and that's why they never really appointed another replacement UM distributor. Current or should I say previous UM resellers goes through distributors from other countries mainly Australia and China.

Early this month, UM management came down to our Ion store for a meet up to propose some new ideas as well as developments in their company.

Among others like new equipments mainly from Germany to improve artwork design and polishing, more staffs were recruited and trained to cope with raising global demands. They have also set up a dept to managed dealers inquires on which stage are the custom manufacturing process at, etc etc.

They are confident that with new measures and policies in place they are able to meet to our company's expectations.

So here we are, back to providing UM customs and reshelling services at an "affordable" price. ;)

Wow seems like they really desperate to win back the market here lol

I got one friend who bought from um last time and they messed up his colours. Faceplate and shell colour changed and all that stuff

But anyway, thumbs up to stereo for getting good qc and even dropping them though they are one of the well known ciem companies cause of bad services

Seems quite kua Zhang lol to even come to the store to discuss such things. I imagine some limousine parked outside ion and men in black walking out and stepping in

punishher

Reaction score
Makes sense to drop them because Stereo inevitably is linking up with them. Pointless to get their name 'dirtied' because other people cock up

Hopefully UM really show that they want to win back the market here with improved efficiency and make sure the orders are spot on

XcoldstarX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I wouldn't hold my breath but I am very sure Stereo will charge a reasonable price. After all, Stereo have their costs to cover.

TeamStereo

Suspended
Reaction score
Wow seems like they really desperate to win back the market here lol

I got one friend who bought from um last time and they messed up his colours. Faceplate and shell colour changed and all that stuff

But anyway, thumbs up to stereo for getting good qc and even dropping them though they are one of the well known ciem companies cause of bad services

Seems quite kua Zhang lol to even come to the store to discuss such things. I imagine some limousine parked outside ion and men in black walking out and stepping in

No lah, they are not desperate.... :o They got more staffs to help do different jobs and now they can focus on stepping up on the custom market.

kennethtbh

Reaction score
dun think the pre-order price for 3dd offered by UM will be available if we wait till 1st june from stereo right? since the pre-order will be likely earlier than that..

XcoldstarX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dun think the pre-order price for 3dd offered by UM will be available if we wait till 1st june from stereo right? since the pre-order will be likely earlier than that..

I believe Stereo might offer a special deal as an opening promotion for bringing back UM again. ;)

kennethtbh

Reaction score
I believe Stereo might offer a special deal as an opening promotion for bringing back UM again. ;)

yeah but i have a feeling the special deal may not be as good as the pre-order price. but then again, there's pros and cons. shall see how low the pre-order price is and see if worth to hoot direct not.

racoiaw

Reaction score
High chance not as affordable as previously due to the price increase :(

Good thing is can try all the demos

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.