Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

autumm

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have signed up for an account last wednesday and opened up an e-saver account too.

Can I verify something here?

Am I right to say that in order to buy a share thru Stan Chart, you must have the money in your account because there's no T+3 so you have to pay on the spot for trades executed.

However, when you sell your shares, you do not need to wait for T+3 to receive the money in your settlement account too. It will be immediately transferred to you once the sale is executed?

You will need to have that amount in your settlement account to proceed with the trade but the amount would not be deducted straight upon trade execution. It will still be deducted on T+3.

Same goes for selling of shares. you will only receive it on T+3.

Anyone please correct me if i am wrong

moonshotballer

Suspended
Reaction score
You will need to have that amount in your settlement account to proceed with the trade but the amount would not be deducted straight upon trade execution. It will still be deducted on T+3.

Same goes for selling of shares. you will only receive it on T+3.

Anyone please correct me if i am wrong

Ahhhh I see.

That works fine for me too. Thanks a lot!

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just use some apps on your smartphone, I bought shares from few brokerages + IPO.. The apps are so wonderful to check daily movement, usually check-in like once in a hour casually, unless super busy..

One really should not have to resort to this.

As someone else remarked, showing unrealized gains and losses in your portfolio is a very basic functionality. It's not as if we are reading this stuff off of a ticker tape machine.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

As someone else remarked, showing unrealized gains and losses in your portfolio is a very basic functionality. It's not as if we are reading this stuff off of a ticker tape machine.

im not sure why you are bickering about this function.

i prefer SCB to continue providing a no frills and low cost platform than having such a useless function and then passing on a higher cost to their clients.

Carnesir

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I check shares on daily basis the share prices moves and service all use may bank ke one then trades I execute with scb.

End of day is... Scb is as affordable as it is. I'm just satisfied if they can give such good rates already nothing to complain

Dividends Wizard

Reaction score
SIA first class has bed in private cabin , why AirAsia don't have ?

vincent007

Reaction score
Just opened a trading acct with SCB also. I find it a hassle to transfer money from my POSB acct to my SCB acct and it will take 2 days. If not I have to go to the branch to deposit.
Wondering if there's any way around it? Coz if takes too long I wont be able to get the price I want when I buy shares.

Carnesir

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just opened a trading acct with SCB also. I find it a hassle to transfer money from my POSB acct to my SCB acct and it will take 2 days. If not I have to go to the branch to deposit.
Wondering if there's any way around it? Coz if takes too long I wont be able to get the price I want when I buy shares.
Just deposit your investable money in the securities clearing account. Can trade anytime instead of transferring and trade. By then too late liao

exactmat

Reaction score
Able to trade through Iphone ?

Hi all,

Am I able to trade using Iphone ?
I using Safari able to log into my account but unable to find the Online trading link..

Kindly advise..

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SIA first class has bed in private cabin , why AirAsia don't have ?

We are not talking about several orders of magnitude on pricing here.

It's more like one airline having seats and another airline saying you have to stand and the price difference is only 10-20%.

I guess at the end of the day, SCB is really not for me.

moonshotballer

Suspended
Reaction score
hey guys can i ask a question.

we can't purchase HSI options on SGX?

I can find the stock code under stock code enquiry: RZ1W.

But when I click buy, it says stock code is invalid.

w1rbelw1nd

Master Member
Reaction score
We are not talking about several orders of magnitude on pricing here.

It's more like one airline having seats and another airline saying you have to stand and the price difference is only 10-20%.

I guess at the end of the day, SCB is really not for me.

The unrealized gains and losses shown in any of the brokerage firm(Kim eng, Kay hian etc) is only accurate ONLY IF YOU TRADE EXCLUSIVELY USING THAT BROKERAGE. So even if you buy shares through IPO your gains and losses of the IPO SHARES WILL NOT BE REFLECTED.

Also, using only one brokerage firm means that you cannot take advantage of promotions from other brokerages. For the little convenience of having your unrealized gains and losses shown you rather not use more brokerages/scb? Doesn't sound wise to me.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
The unrealized gains and losses shown in any of the brokerage firm(Kim eng, Kay hian etc) is only accurate ONLY IF YOU TRADE EXCLUSIVELY USING THAT BROKERAGE. So even if you buy shares through IPO your gains and losses of the IPO SHARES WILL NOT BE REFLECTED.

Also, using only one brokerage firm means that you cannot take advantage of promotions from other brokerages. For the little convenience of having your unrealized gains and losses shown you rather not use more brokerages/scb? Doesn't sound wise to me.

Aya, you also can login to Cdp to see your portfolio performance also even if you buy from many brokerages

twelfth

Reaction score
i find SCB useful for my short term and small qty trading.
open a xtra saver account with no min balance required with atm card.

wai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can use CPF $$ to trade or not? currently i am using POEMS and each trade is $25+

moonshotballer

Suspended
Reaction score
hey guys can i ask a question.

we can't purchase HSI options on Stand Chart Trading Platform?

I can find the stock code under stock code enquiry: RZ1W.

But when I click buy, it says stock code is invalid.

When I use my CIMB, I can buy HSI options like RZ1W

can someone help me verify?

arsenal

Reaction score
just opened a Standard Chartered trading acc ..... buying some small lots next week ....

moonshotballer

Suspended
Reaction score
i wanted to trade on HSI options which are very cheap per lot.

But then apparently cannot trade on stan chart platform :(

emo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.