The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgbymgbymgby

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. Do you normally tip your hair stylist? If do how much usually it? I just made appt with purple at kobayashi.

Thinking to try Rina at Salon B but she is full till Monday. Her rate now is $80

Thx

Don't need to give tips to your hairstylist one, usually those that do that are uncles and occasionally some aunties if they're really satisfied with the results or those taitais

If you really wanna give tips, $5-$20? Or just say keep the change they'll usually give to the one who cut your hair

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I agree that purple is SUPER HOT!
I went for my routine hair cut at Kobayashi hair design today and wow damn packed! Not joking. They posted the packed situation on their FB. Although I made appointment for purple, she is so fully booked that I had to wait for quite a while. But it's ok. Hee. Having to wait means I am in the hands of a good stylist. I don't mind changing to Vivian but Vivian also fully booked. These 2 damn power. So popular. The Kobayashi boss came to apologize on behalf of his stylists. Great guy. Humble fella.
yup, very humble guy and great service.
I think i will stick to purple. not very nice to hop over to vivian unless she too damn busy.
she give good tips also. i told her about sea salt spray and she went to take and try the sea salt spray on my hair and teach me how to use (she know what her customer wants). no pressure on me buying because i also told her i just got 1. she say next time use finish then try the redken that kobayashi is using.

i always wanted to get a quiff like those Caucasian but she say we asian hair different texture. haha she know her stuff. lol. she say can try to style it to look alike.

that day after cutting my hair, saw her going back at almost 11pm. bump into her at orchard mrt station. :eek:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup, very humble guy and great service.
I think i will stick to purple. not very nice to hop over to vivian unless she too damn busy.
she give good tips also. i told her about sea salt spray and she went to take and try the sea salt spray on my hair and teach me how to use (she know what her customer wants). no pressure on me buying because i also told her i just got 1. she say next time use finish then try the redken that kobayashi is using.

i always wanted to get a quiff like those Caucasian but she say we asian hair different texture. haha she know her stuff. lol. she say can try to style it to look alike.

that day after cutting my hair, saw her going back at almost 11pm. bump into her at orchard mrt station. :eek:

Here's what i did besides using saltwater spray. My hair is also very straight like most asians. So i went to perm my hair to create light and wavy look. Its very easy to create any hairstyles that you want (assuming you got the length to do so) thereafter. But fact is it is VERY damaging to your hair but fortunately, guys' typical hair length cant get anywhere near to being labeled as VERY LONG. So with some basic hair care from hair mask/serum, it can helps to alleviate the situation after you permed.

Mystech13

Reaction score
Anyone who goes kobayashi knows what wax they using? comes in a square grey container. Blur blur forgot to ask....

yamcancook

Reaction score
Anyone been to salon B @ nassim road? do you know what hair wax and hair spray products they use? i want to buy, but i forget the brand name..

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Here's what i did besides using saltwater spray. My hair is also very straight like most asians. So i went to perm my hair to create light and wavy look. Its very easy to create any hairstyles that you want (assuming you got the length to do so) thereafter. But fact is it is VERY damaging to your hair but fortunately, guys' typical hair length cant get anywhere near to being labeled as VERY LONG. So with some basic hair care from hair mask/serum, it can helps to alleviate the situation after you permed.

How do you determine that you hair is damaged? My hair is those rough and always standing kind. Is it like damaged? :s11:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How do you determine that you hair is damaged? My hair is those rough and always standing kind. Is it like damaged? :s11:

Generally, damaged hair actually needs some kind of analysis to check it. However, you can use perceptual salience (using eyes, basically) to see if its damaged. Basically, if its rough and frizzy, its time for you to do some basic hair care for your hair. There are generally 3 common types of situations: dry/damaged hair, frizzy hair and split ends.

All in all, if its spoilt, you will generally feel it. Healthy hair should be along the direction of being smooth and silky. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone been to salon B @ nassim road? do you know what hair wax and hair spray products they use? i want to buy, but i forget the brand name..

Call them up and ask? Usually, hair salons all use big brands. So its more or less those common brands that you can see around in the forum.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Generally, damaged hair actually needs some kind of analysis to check it. However, you can use perceptual salience (using eyes, basically) to see if its damaged. Basically, if its rough and frizzy, its time for you to do some basic hair care for your hair. There are generally 3 common types of situations: dry/damaged hair, frizzy hair and split ends.

All in all, if its spoilt, you will generally feel it. Healthy hair should be along the direction of being smooth and silky. :)

Ohh damn. If its according to what you mentioned, means my hair is damaged. :(

igarashi

Reaction score
is undercut still the tend ? not sure how am i going to cut or keep my hair now.
Now my hair in between long and short 6 - 8cm.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ohh damn. If its according to what you mentioned, means my hair is damaged. :(

Invest in a good deep cleansing shampoo (especially so if you are styling frequently) and a hair mask to condition your hair back to normal. I believe your condition isnt as serious as you thought to be. So no worries man. Hair care is often most neglected, especially by guys.

Google Nigelle DS TF Treatment. Its definitely a good investment for a hair mask as it can easily last you up to a year or so. Otherwise, you can just head out to buy any brands of hair masks out there but needless to say, quality is often correlated with the price too. But at least you're doing something good to your hair. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is undercut still the tend ? not sure how am i going to cut or keep my hair now.
Now my hair in between long and short 6 - 8cm.

Correct me if i am wrong but nowadays hair styles for guys are still often revolving around undercut. Seldom will you see guys still and want to keep their sides thick.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone try American Crew Fiber before?
was asking but i think nobody here use before.
Currently using redken dishevel fiber cream. not that bad. good for quiff.
if you want medium hold and shine, can try hanz de fuko scheme cream, currently using it, gonna pair it with sea salt spray after i get my hands on.
if more matt, probably try their quicksand or sponge wax.
i shld be ordering their 3 pack to try. heard their quicksand and sponge wax is quite awesome.

Hanz de Fuko - Buy 3 - Get One Free Wax Offer - Hair Wax - Slikhaar

after shipping, around 20-24 per tub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.