Best ramen in Singapore

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Itto Special Ramen: $8.80 for One Bowl of Ramen Prepared by Guest Chef Yukihiko Sakamoto at Daikokuya Ramen Dining and Ebisboshi Shotengai (Worth $17.66).

$8.80 for Itto Special Ramen at Daikokuya Ramen Dining and Ebisboshi Shotengai (Worth $17.66)

doesn't look appealing based from pictures.

the actual ramen dun look like the picture... the actual thing actually looked better den the one in the picture... i was was attracted to it because menya itto is #1 on japan's ramendb...
ate it yest with bunch of friends... the soup is prawn base... very much like eating prawn noodle soup... style like a cross between chinese and japanese... it has pork and chicken charshu..

so how's the ramen..?? it's like eaten prawn noodle soup but instead of having prawns as ingredients... u get pork and chicken charshu... both the soup and charshu are not bad... but nothing to shout about... and **DEFINITELY NOT** worth the #1 ranking hype..!! i went in with VERY HIGH expectations but came out disappointed...

so a word of advice is... u pay for wat u get.. don't expect to rise to heaven after eating $8.80 ramen...

oh and one more thing... u dun even need to buy groupon voucher... they have 50% on 20-21st apr... so it costs $7.50++ already when u walk into the shop... add in service+GST and u get same price as groupon (which is nett)...

regards,
wacky

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
the actual ramen dun look like the picture... the actual thing actually looked better den the one in the picture... i was was attracted to it because menya itto is #1 on japan's ramendb...
ate it yest with bunch of friends... the soup is prawn base... very much like eating prawn noodle soup... style like a cross between chinese and japanese... it has pork and chicken charshu..

so how's the ramen..?? it's like eaten prawn noodle soup but instead of having prawns as ingredients... u get pork and chicken charshu... both the soup and charshu are not bad... but nothing to shout about... and **DEFINITELY NOT** worth the #1 ranking hype..!! i went in with VERY HIGH expectations but came out disappointed...

so a word of advice is... u pay for wat u get.. don't expect to rise to heaven after eating $8.80 ramen...

oh and one more thing... u dun even need to buy groupon voucher... they have 50% on 20-21st apr... so it costs $7.50++ already when u walk into the shop... add in service+GST and u get same price as groupon (which is nett)...

regards,
wacky

i have to ask, portion ?

redname

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just went to honeybaked dough after a long time and saw that they got new flavours liao. now gotch shoyu and shio.

tried the spicy shoyu, pretty gd i would say, dnt mind having it again

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
It's official. Bushi Tonkotsu Ramen has joined the Uma Uma Ramen family.
Enjoy our new ramen at a special price of $12 from 3-5 May!
Hurry! While stocks last!

217439_197489460374875_927418752_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/ramenumauma

argonautz_87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just went Tori King by Ramen Keisuke.

Pork is better than Tonkotsu King. (softer & thinner)
Egg is runny compared to Tonkotsu King. (sibeh suay when I go TK?)

This is just my taste preference.
Pork: Ikkousha> Tori King > Tonkotsu King
Egg: Tori King> Others

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
1 for 1 deal @ Daruma Ramen House (TripleOne Somerset)

like the flavorsome broth, but not the noodle. It's a bit hard for me. :look:

Sen

Honorary Member
Reaction score
pork belly tasted normal to me, nothing really special.

ordered $18 version, but they gave us $16 ones. my fault for not checking ... :( :(

how's the char shu...?? and u din go for the $18 one with everything..??

regards,
wacky

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
today i go santokua at Central
ya i saw the gumbyyyy lady ahah
like kah lan sis say ahaha
seem like they change the mee type
now more thinner
and now content more lesser :(

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
today i go santokua at Central
ya i saw the gumbyyyy lady ahah
like kah lan sis say ahaha
now more thinner

still black face ?

lol

she deprived of sex..

maybe..

Santouka also cut corner..

DarthRevan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
now more thinner

used to be noodles direct from Japan..after the Fukushima nuclear disaster..the noodles supplier change to local one..hence the change..as told by the staff..so i stopped eating there..of course most people can't tell

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.